Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: SOLDIER PLAYS POKEMON LEAF GREEN [FINISHED]  (Read 107038 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: SOLDIER PLAYS POKEMON LEAF GREEN
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:38 pm »

Name them both maggot, so now you have maggots in your personal zoo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2015, 04:59:30 am »

... I knew I was forgetting something.

Welp I have savestates so at least one will be maggot :v

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2015, 12:04:47 pm »

...I did not know there was an Antidote in that tree.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2015, 04:29:32 pm »

...I did not know there was an Antidote in that tree.
It's clearly a magic rainforest tree with medicinal properties. You've doomed scientific advancement by stealing the last of its sap.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2015, 04:42:18 pm »

You've doomed scientific advancement by stealing the last of its sap.

: THAT'LL TEACH THOSE HIPPIE SCIENTISTS WHO'S THE BOSS.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »

Wow this reminds me of the ol' pKmN wars so bad.
You know... the ones private surge mentions... yes private. You dont get promoted if your blaster is set to stun. No what gets you promoted is using a houndoom and the move Flammenwerfer!

Dont read if you are easily offended
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2015, 05:32:06 pm »

/arrogance
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2015, 05:43:49 pm »

/arrogance
Yes its a character trait of mine. But I dont usually use that specific line unless I have conviction in it. Its cannon. It just isnt explained properly in the games, i drew the most basic logical conclusion from the statement of a gym leader.
Ive played all the games and have enough info to link it all up. I would even say that pokemon armys are still in the cannon world fighting all the dicks who use theif/master balls. Cause master balls arent rare. Sylph co is just a multinational weapons devoloper. Like samsung

Edit: actualy I havnt played all the games. I stopped at black n white.
Stopped playing because I guess I grew out of it. I still love it. But the game formula became stagnant and I got over iv and ev training.
I still love my marrowak with 750 850 str with the bone club and the move bonemerang.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:59:17 pm by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2015, 10:27:47 am »

/arrogance
Yes its a character trait of mine. But I dont usually use that specific line unless I have conviction in it. Its cannon. It just isnt explained properly in the games, i drew the most basic logical conclusion from the statement of a gym leader.
Ive played all the games and have enough info to link it all up. I would even say that pokemon armys are still in the cannon world fighting all the dicks who use theif/master balls. Cause master balls arent rare. Sylph co is just a multinational weapons devoloper. Like samsung

Edit: actualy I havnt played all the games. I stopped at black n white.
Stopped playing because I guess I grew out of it. I still love it. But the game formula became stagnant and I got over iv and ev training.
I still love my marrowak with 750 850 str with the bone club and the move bonemerang.
It's not like it is actually canon though. Until the development team confirm it its just headcanon.
Besides. It's still a children's game.
Also it's not fact, because pokeballs were created a lot sooner. In Gen six there were stories of a war two thousand years before.
So no, it's not pokeballs.
Tl;dr Don't jump to conclusions her.  Yes a pokemon for adults will be great but when push comes to shove it's a children's game.

Quick edit to keep the thread on rails: looks like you got quite a nice squad there. Can't wait to see how an all-out shock and awe charge will do against brock.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:30:45 am by Professor Lemur »
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2015, 03:43:53 pm »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:29:32 pm by Solymr »

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2015, 05:48:32 pm »

Giving it a good few days until the boulder badge is weaponised.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2015, 06:01:09 am »

To Kartoffen City!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2015, 08:11:53 am »

Ah, Brock. Pathetically easy with the water starter.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2015, 08:20:06 am »

Pathetically easy with any starter except fire. And even then all you needed was a Mankey :v

Ok so I want more suggestions for teamcomp. I saw Exeggutor and checked up on him and it SUCKS, so of course I'm gonna use him but I need more.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:32 am »

I saw Exeggutor and checked up on him and it SUCKS, so of course I'm gonna use him but I need more.

He's not that bad, IIRC. It's bulkier than your standard Psychic, hits decently on the physical side, and quite hard on the special side, and has some decent status moves because it's Grass-type. It suffers from a fairly bad basic movepool, even taking Exeggcute's moves into account, though, and wants TMs and Move Tutors. Things like Psychic, Giga Drain, and Sludge Bomb make good attacks for it, (it can learn Solar Beam naturally, but unless you want to give it Sunny Day...) and if you want you can teach it Explosion via move tutor. A detonating palm tree could be a decent finisher for some matches. Statuswise, Leech Seed can be absolute gold if used right, and Stun Spore or Sleep Powder make catching things easier.

As for other team members... You could get a Ditto and name it SPY... Or a Chansey and name it MEDIC, or a Rhydon (or Snorlax!) and name it HEAVY... Magmar might be a appropriate-looking fire type, since we passed up on a Flamethrower user at the beginning, but you can get a Vulpix much earlier. (I'd have suggested Growlithe, but that's Fire Red-exclusive) I'd also suggest Scyther, because every military team needs a knife nut.

But here's the problem: Virtually everything I've mentioned is found in the Safari Zone or later. You need suggestions for Pokemon to carry you that far in the game. To that end, I'm going to suggest Diglett or Sandslash, Bellsprout, and... I guess something from Mt. Moon: Soldier clearly needs a Clefairy in his employ.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34