Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

NO POLL FOR NOW

NOPE
NOPE

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.4 [LAST UPDATE: 15/02/2015]  (Read 11694 times)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.4 [LAST UPDATE: 15/02/2015]
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

Download Link - Raws
Download Link - Starter Pack

Information
This is a updated version and a new take on kobold camp. Kobolds have had a bit more complexity added to them, and their flavour has been switched to be more like traditional D&D / Pathfinder kobolds, ie draconic dog-lizard things. They are, for the most part, VERY weak, although there is a good deal of variety in their scale colour and what that brings. They worship Great Dragons, who are new megabeasts whilst the old versions of dragons have been downgraded to semi-megabeasts.

Future Plans
Actual testing

Bugs
Lots of bugs.

EGG LAYING WORKS.

Version History
v0.4
Bug / errorlog fixes (special thanks to Ruludos for helping)
More nobility
v0.3
Added dinosaurs (tyrant lizard, earthshaker and rat hunter, corresponding to t-rex, triceratops and velociraptors)
Added some armours for your bolds to wear
v0.2
EGG LAYING WORKS
Removed Great Dragons (although now there are overpowered as anything normal dragons)
Increased number of scalemasters per civ to 5, to represent each colour of dragon maybe
Added eggcounter nobility to kobold civ
Remembered to enable nest boxes
Added some [CAN_STONE] weapons to kobolds
Disabled digging through almost everything, although you might be able to get through mineral veins (mainly to make some interesting organic fort designs)
v0.1
Made kobolds (essentially) playable
Added kobold castes
Added Great Dragons (and their castes)
Set up kobold society
Altered dragons slightly

Referencing
Starter Pack 40_24 r3 used for the Starter Pack Pack. Massive credit goes to PeridexisErrant and everyone involved in the creation of that beacon of Dwarf Fortress.
Masterwork used as a reference guide and kobold language lifted wholesale from an earlier version of Masterwork. Thanks to Meph for permission to use that.
Dinosaurs adapted with permission from Eotyrannus' amazing dinosaur mod.

Permissions
Give credit to me and everyone in the Referencing section, and you have my full permission to do whatever you like with this mod.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:33:24 am by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »

Starter Pack currently uploading.

Fully willing to take on any suggestions, especially regarding the breeding situation. I haven't done too much testing due to a lack of time, but I can't imagine they are currently unplayable at the moment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

If this is a stand-alone mod, you can make them only dig soil by adding UNDIGGABLE to the stone_template. Means no other race can mine stone, but that doesnt matter, since you only play kobolds here.

I'd delete the egg-laying, make them give life-birth.

PS: Whats wrong with this Kobold Camp for 40.x ? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142853.0
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:41:29 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:05 am »

If this is a stand-alone mod, you can make them only dig soil by adding UNDIGGABLE to the stone_template. Means no other race can mine stone, but that doesnt matter, since you only play kobolds here.

I'd delete the egg-laying, make them give life-birth.

PS: Whats wrong with this Kobold Camp for 40.x ? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142853.0

Ah, awesome. I think I'll leave undiggable off the ore etc tabs, to allow for interesting fort designs as they follow ore veins.

I still need to make sure they abandon their poor eggs.

Nothing. I wanted to make something with a different flavour of kobold, mainly.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:27 pm »

Egg laying works, at least as far as I can tell. Left the game running and I ended up with at least a few kobold children just trotting around the fort.

They still happily eat their own eggs and the like, but other than that they're working absolutely great.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:54:13 pm by Rex Invictus »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:20 pm »

...again, it is horrifyingly awesome that it is considered a success besides them eating their own eggs now and then.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »

...again, it is horrifyingly awesome that it is considered a success besides them eating their own eggs now and then.

I've made the position of eggcounter to make sure no eggs go missing.

Kobolds get hungry and eggs make perfect snacks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:37:24 pm by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.2 [LAST UPDATE: 09/02/2015]
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

New update is out. Starter Pack is currently uploading.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.3 [LAST UPDATE: 12/02/2015]
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:55:58 am »

Updated. Starter Pack currently uploading.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:43 pm »

You've got a few errorlog entries. Nothing game-breaking, but everyone wants to release a mod that is as clean as possible.

Spoiler: errorlog.txt (click to show/hide)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 12:47:48 am »

Yor was changed to Yore for 40.something.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 04:33:34 am »

Updated version. Starter pack currently uploading as usual.

You've got a few errorlog entries. Nothing game-breaking, but everyone wants to release a mod that is as clean as possible.

Spoiler: errorlog.txt (click to show/hide)

Ah, thanks. I fixed most of this stuff, but the NAIL thing had me stumped.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KOBOLDS - Rexbold Camp 2015 v0.4 [LAST UPDATE: 15/02/2015]
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:32 am »

I'm genuinely not sure what to add to this at this point.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 06:47:17 pm »

Personally I'm really loving this mod. If you want my suggestion on what to do I think Kobolds need some way to get small quantities of stone for use in headbashers and things. Additionally I think they need to be able to make mechanisms of some form or another. Not for big traps and such but for cage traps mostly seeing as they should be capable of capturing larger animals for training. As it stands all they have are the dinosaurs. Additionally they shouldn't really complain about lack of wells and shoes, seeing as given the materials we're allowed they can't really make those. That's just my opinion though as right now it makes it rather silly to have all my kobolds embarassed by the lack of shoes when no one owns any shoes whatsoever.

Also loving the raptors, they do well to offset the Kobold's weaknesses by making a bunch trained for war.

Speaking of which how long do hatchlings of all the dinos take to mature? Right now I have sixty something baby rat catchers milling about and I'd like to know when I can start training them since my hunter won't go out to actually hunt anything I feel I'm better off getting a small military with lots of raptors to hunt instead. Right now I'm surviving off of the simple fact that every third migrant is a fisherbold and we're swimming in unfertilized eggs. <.<

EDIT: Just realized they can make mechanisms out of metal. So That works for making cage traps if you can get the metal. Though they need some equivelant to a broker. My only kobold with appraisal is never the one to trade, so I have no idea what the value of anything I'm trading for is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:58:29 pm by Trigon »

Featheredragon

• Bay Watcher
  • If someone says they are sane, then they're crazy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 01:40:33 pm »

This is a really nice mod. I have been trying to create Pathfinder/D&D style kobolds for a while. It will be nice if you go to more pathfinder kobolds though. Instead of primitive evolutionary failures like DF kobolds, Pathfinder kobolds are complex  almost like small, slightly evil reptilian dwarfs with a passion for machinery like gnomes (Even thought they hate both Gnomes and Dwarfs with a passion.) and a religious reverence for dragons (Which they believe they are related to). According to pathfinder most kobolds adventures encounter are outcastes from the larger warrens, leading to the idea that kobolds are weak, primitive and stupid. This works to the kobolds advantage as most species do not know the real danger that kobolds pose to the surface world. I cant wait for my kobolds to get their hands on some firearms...

Pages: [1] 2