Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resizeable Stockpiles  (Read 3238 times)

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resizeable Stockpiles
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:51 pm »

Suppose you have a stockpile set up to only hold some specific things (like silk footwear and toad remains, for example), and then you realize you need more space.  Currently, this means deleting the stockpile, placing a new one, and then redoing the process of enable/allow/select for the things you want it to hold.  How about a way to just resize an already established stockpile, the way we can do for rooms?

vache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resizeable Stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:53:02 pm »

Resizing like rooms would be okay, or if you placed a stockpile next to it with the same settings, it would merge the two into one stockpile automatically.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:19:10 am »

I think something like burrow or zone is nice.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:28:44 am »

Resizing like rooms would be okay, or if you placed a stockpile next to it with the same settings, it would merge the two into one stockpile automatically.
Given that it is possible to make a stockpile which has non-adjacent pieces all on the same z-level (by defining the largest extent of the pile and then unassigning tiles appropriately), I'd quite like the ability to do this with non-adjacent stockpiles as well. A Merge command, if you will, that functions a little like Give or Take.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:02:54 am »

I think, but don't quote me on this, that it might be something on the next release. Or was it for sites. I don't remember right now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

yxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:34 am »

+1

I think something like burrow or zone is nice.
+1
its easy and very customizable

but sometimes I dont have space at all and I need to make a new stockpile in another place with the same configuration like a old one, an easy way to copy the "presets" would be helpfull too

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:39:25 pm »

I often have stockpiles with the same settings next to each other that I don't want merged.  Come to think of it, native copy&paste for stockpile settings would help for both situations.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?