Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Legend Lost [SG]  (Read 4280 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Lost [SG]
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 01:20:18 am »

The backdoor is locked, but no match for your foot. You feel bad about breaking into this home, but perhaps survival dictates that you do. You shall make penance with the owner, if you can. The door opens into a hallway, leading directly to the front door, with four doors to the side. You quickly look into all four rooms, but see no sign of anyone.

The first room you check is very small, and contains three basins, the largest of which you decide is probably a bath. It must be very arduous to fill, as you haven't seen a well anywhere nearby, but the medium-sized basin, resting at about knee level, is sitting full.

The next room you look into is clearly the bedroom, with a simple but very well constructed wooden bed, covered in a thick woolen blanket. There are also what look like two chests of drawers, and a bookshelf against one of the walls, though it seems only to hold a single book.

The third room you look into is somewhat odd. It is somewhat large, and contains only what looks like an iron stove (in a different style than you have seen before, closed at the top), a small table, and some piece of furniture you can only describe as a cushioned bench.

The fourth room is stranger still. There is a large table in the corner with benches next to it, and a strange arrangement of things against one wall. Two cabinets, strangely build into the ceiling, from the looks of it, over a smooth, waist-high surface of some kind, into which is build a box of some whitish metal and what you can only assume to be yet another water basin. Another whitish-metal box stood nearby, taller than you, and, from the doors on it, possibly another cabinet or some kind of hutch.

There was a door in that room that led to a fifth one, containing shelves holding several items.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 01:32:22 am »

Ok, search the bedroom for some clothes that fit. Put them on, get a drink out of the medium basin((I sure hope they flushed....)), and get out of dodge! Head back along the road.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 02:04:41 am »

Upon returning to the bedroom, you take a moment to examine the single book on the shelf. It's written in a script you cannot read, but composed very neatly. Whoever lives here must be a wealthy person indeed. You look through the drawers. You find some very strange clothes. There is a sleeveless shirt of some kind, and a very short pair of braies, both very close fitting. There is also a large, nigh-billowing pair of breeches, covered in pockets, and a not-as-short, somewhat looser-fitting shirt. Everything is made of a strange, fine fabric which you have never seen before. There is also a metal bracelet, set with a glass circle over tiny, strange symbols.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 02:08:01 am »

Put on the pocket covered breeches and the sleeveless shirt. Leave everything else. Then get a drink out of that basin....

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 02:26:42 am »

Not wanting to steal anymore than necessary, especially not after breaking down the door, you take the shirt and breeches to cover yourself. Then, feeling the dryness in your mouth, you take a small drink from the basin, cupping the water in your hands. Maybe you should wait for the tenant to return so you may make your penance, but then again it may be best to simply leave. Who knows how long it would take for them to return?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:51 am »

Hmmm.... what to do....

Any outside advice?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 03:17:33 am »

Fine. I say we wait here. Try not to disturb anything.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 03:59:11 am »

If we are still feeling cold, then check if we can set fire on the stove.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 05:26:59 am »

Yeh warmup then see if we can find something to kill and eat

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:10 pm »

Not counting what's left of the back door, there's plenty of wood outside, both lying around on the ground and piled neatly near the wall. These clothes aren't exactly warm, just providing coverage (though the pockets in the breeches could be nice), and despite the sun, the breeze outside is rather chilly. However, you did not arrive in this forest with your tinderbox, and there does not seem to be one about the cottage, either.

There are a few small bags and boxes in the cupboards, which seem to have pictures of food on them, but you'd rather not steal more than you already have. Walking into the woods North of the cottage, you soon find a couple more wolves, which foolishly pick a fight with you. After smashing both of them into a tree, you eat a handfull of the red paste that results. It tastes awful, being so mixed-up and uncooked, but better than the taste of shame from stealing. You eat several more handfuls, then clean as much of the blood off your hands as you can before returning to the cabin. You hadn't realized how much soot from that road you'd tracked onto the floor, and wonder again whether you should keep waiting for the owner.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »

Gah..... Yeah, we run..... Head on the road!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 06:34:45 pm »

Much as it shames you, you figure you should leave before you do any more damage. You prop the shards of the door up where they had been, hopefully it will keep any small animals from wandering into the cottage. Returning to the nearby road, you continue North. Surprisingly, the road simply ends after a couple hundred more yards. Just behind the treeline you can see a large, wooden building (a barn, you guess). From the large gaps in the walls, it looks like it hasn't been used in years.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:17 pm »

Head towards the barn.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:11 pm »

We really need to find civilization....

Head back to the crossroads and turn west...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »

We really need to find civilization....

Head back to the crossroads and turn west...
So, no barn? If so, we need a tiebreaker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7