Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Legend Lost [SG]  (Read 4234 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Legend Lost [SG]
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:57:33 am »

You blink. The last thing you remember is being struck by lightning... now, here you are, in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by trees. Naked.
You have no idea where you are or might be, but you do know one thing: it will take a hell of a lot more than that to stop you!

What is your name, o warrior?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Lost [SG]
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:19 am »

Virkin.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:52:28 am »

Varkan.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:18:45 am »

Verken

Heheheh
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:54 pm »

The sky above you is overcast, and specks of snow blow around in the wind. This is no weather to be so unclad in, but you suppose it could be worse. As you stand, contemplating your situation, you hear a twig break behind you and turn around to see that three hungry looking wolves have entered the clearing. They see you, alone, and one of them charges forth! But the beasts did not count on one thing: that Verken is the greatest warrior who ever lived!

"HIYAAAA!" you scream as the wolf leaps at you, driving your foot into its face. From the force of the kick, the beast explodes in a shower of blood, spraying chunks of meat across the forest floor. The next one, either too brave or too stupid, decides to try its luck, running around from the side, but you catch it as it leaps, swinging it down and slamming it into the ground, creating another red smear. You look around, but on spotting the last one, you see it running away.

Wiping some of the blood off your fists, you look to the sky again. Though overcast, you guess from the sun that it is before noon, and roughly which way East is: and therefore, the other directions. What now?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 02:35:40 pm »

Find nicely shaped hard rock, skin wolves and turn them into clothes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:45:45 pm »

The wolves have been reduced to smears of chunky, red goop on the forest floor. Their skins are absolutely ruined. Your technique, while lethal, was perhaps not the best for hunting. However, there's still that one that ran off, and possibly other creatures besides in these woods.

Looking around, you don't see any rocks with a good edge, though perhaps they might be hidden under leaves and such. You have heard of people banging rocks together to sharpen them, but you've never tried such a thing. You know that, in the cold, it's best to keep moving: is there time to attempt it, or search more thoroughly for sharper rocks?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:57:23 pm by HugoLuman »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

Run through the forest for a bit to get a feel for it. Is the place familiar to Verken?
Max avatar size is 80x80

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 08:05:08 pm »

Run through the forest for a bit to get a feel for it. Is the place familiar to Verken?
Which direction?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:59 pm »

South if we can tell which way is south. If we can't figure out our cardinal, then go "down".
Max avatar size is 80x80

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:36 pm »

No, run after the wolf!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »

The wolf has escaped your sight for now, and you're not entirely sure which way it went, You look to the overcast sky again, to make sure of the sun. Yes, East must be that way, or so you think, which means South must be that way. You can be more sure when (or if) the clouds cleared, but for now, it was good enough to be moving. As for down, the immediate area seems pretty flat: you can't see any mountains in the distance, either, but perhaps that's just the weather.

These woods don't seem familiar at all: even the trees don't seem to be the types you're used to, aside from the evergreens. As you move through the woods, you wind up startling several creatures, some meeting their explosive end as they retaliate, rather than flee. One of them, a large bull-elk of some kind, comes out relatively intact as you splatter its skull mid-charge, though you are still struck with the problem of not having anything to cut the corpse with.

As your skin begins to sting from the cold and the breeze, you hear a tremendous roar in the distance, and stop. It's not like an avalanche, almost certainly some kind of animal. You wonder if, perhaps, this is the sound of one of those lions you have heard of from the far-roaming traders.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:46 pm »

Although lions are obviously no match for the great Verken, we should try to climb up a sturdy tree so we can pounce on our attackers. If a foe does not appear not appear, climb down from the tree and begin trying to make a sharp rock.
Max avatar size is 80x80

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:33 pm »

Though you may be tough, you still don't feel like climbing a tree in the nude unless you absolutely have to. But, perhaps you will find some other foe while you search for rocks. There don't seem to be any sharp rocks, or even sizeable ones amidst the leafy carpet. Just inconsequential pebbles, far too small to be useful. You start walking around in an expanding circle, looking for rocks. It takes a while, a light rain beginning to fall during your search, but, after several minutes, you find a decent fist-sized rock while looking westwards. Continuing several yards further, you find another one. And, also, a break in the trees. You can see out into a meadow, tall grass swaying gently in the breeze (which still stings your skin). There seems to be a gap in the grass, a line snaking through. A stream, perhaps, or possibly a game trail.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »

Head to the stream, looking for a sharp edge on a rock. If we cant find any, make a sharp edge on one by hitting two together.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7