Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creatures of Myth and Legend; adds 27 new creatures!  (Read 3931 times)

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creatures of Myth and Legend; adds 27 new creatures!
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

Creatures of Myth and Legend

Download:

Mod Notes:

An additional 27 creatures ranging from fuzzy and cute to vicious and terrifying

Many are tameable, if you can catch and train them  ;D

As the name suggests, these are creatures from ancient and modern cultures around the world

Here are the names as well as descriptions of the creatures.
A web search will reveal more of their real-life history;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How to install;

1) Open the raw folder inside the Dwarf Fortress game files and save a copy of the objects folder to another place. This will let you restore the game to before the mod was installed

2) Extract the game files into the original objects folder mentioned in step 1 using 7-zip or other suitable program. You can get 7-zip Here

3) Generate a new world and enjoy!

If there are any problems or bugs, please send me a pm!

edited to put creature descriptions in Spoiler
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:38:00 pm by Corundum »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Creatures of Myth and Legend; adds 27 new creatures!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

Your notes you can just post in a spoiler, makes it easier for people to see. Currently you need to download, unpack, open it.

Some more info about the creatures would be nice too. Just a short description about each, instead of telling people to google them.

Otherwise well done and I'll be watching this. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

Ye have no Windigo or Hide Behind! What kind of pansy are ya that you don't want something like them hanging around?

In all seriousness, this looks great. I'll be downloading it and adding it to my raws once I get home. Would really like to see this updated with lots of Fun new things.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:17 pm »

Meph: I added the descriptions to the Spoiler, good call.

StupidElves: I really like that Hidebehind and the Wendigo seems fun to make as well.

I would like to make more, at least for me to play with. There are so many creatures in heraldry, world religion, ancient architecture, etc.