Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ☼SpawnedFlies☼ A Hive Wasp fortress☼ 1st Year Is Over-Overseers Needed  (Read 7654 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼SpawnedFlies☼ A Hive Wasp fortress☼ -1st Year Is Over
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 03:51:40 am »

Creatures summoned that way don't show up in the animal screen until you reload the game, and then show up as "not tame". There's no way that I know of to counter this bug.

I have fixed this issue. If you are using the scripts provided by MDF (summon hook and spawnunit.lua), the creatures should appear on the screen.

Nice start, looking forward to how wasps survive in the long term.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 04:33:37 am »

PTW, also please wasp me.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 05:33:50 am »

PTW, also please wasp me.

Any preference in terms of profession, drone, soldier or worker?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 07:43:08 am »

Creatures summoned that way don't show up in the animal screen until you reload the game, and then show up as "not tame". There's no way that I know of to counter this bug.

I have fixed this issue. If you are using the scripts provided by MDF (summon hook and spawnunit.lua), the creatures should appear on the screen.

Nice start, looking forward to how wasps survive in the long term.

thank you.

I'm using the spawn unit script alongside the probability script. I was using MW 6.2, it shouldn't happen and I don't know why, I haven't done anything wrong with the inorganics (that I know of). But at least they can still be pastured, slaughtered, reproduce and maybe even trained if you take your time and domesticate them traditionally. It's one of the things that must be fixed before we call it a full release.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:15 am »

Year 2 - Spring

I isszz Invictusz Irumahultu. I issszz new Overszeeer of Spawnedfliesszz. I issszzz...
*cough cough cough*
Sorry, I had something stuck in my mandibles. I am Invictus Irumahultu. I am the new Overseer of Spawnedflies.
Spoiler: Invictus Irumahultu (click to show/hide)
Whilst the Queen than402 was a capable individual, the hive believes a change in leadership is necessary. They chose me because I have plans. GREAT PLANS!
The first step of my plans is cutting down all the trees within the surrounding area. They will be used to FUEL OUR GREAT PLANS.
Spoiler: DIE, TREE SCUM! (click to show/hide)
The hive moved the wood pulpers to the ground floor. Unfortunately, it has started raining. Rain is the hive's archnemesis, so declare I Invictus, greatest of all wasps!
Spoiler: THE TRUE ENEMY, RAIN (click to show/hide)
We must cover the wood pulpers before the wood gets wet and becomes more pulpable!
We begin construction of a roof for the entirety of the floor of the hive.
Spoiler: RAISE THE ROOF (click to show/hide)
Migrants come. The capital hive has heard of our desire to build a hive to challenge all hives and has sent them to assist us.
Spoiler: Migrants (click to show/hide)
We begin construction on the tower that will hold up our true hive. A hive above ground, as wasps should live.
Traders come. We trade some fine paper crafts for giant cockroaches. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea.
I spotted a ghost. I don't know where he came from. No, I have no evidence of it. No, I can't prove it in any way. You must believe me. WE WILL BUILD A CAIRN FOR ALL THE DEAD.
Spoiler: Cairn (click to show/hide)
It is reaching the beginning of summer and the tower is progressing well. Soon we will be able to live in the skies.
Spoiler: Tower Progress (click to show/hide)

((This season was a bit... All over the place.))

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 10:24:37 am »

Year 2 - Summer

Whilst we were building the cairn, the ghost carried on wailing in a high pitched chitter. IT WAS UNCEASING.
And, then, shortly afterwards, scouts reported they'd spotted something coming from the depths. A monstrosity created from a primal concept, it would strike fear into the hearts of all brave wasps within the fort.
Spoiler: Forgotten Beast (click to show/hide)
Or not. The beast looked upon our hive reaching far into the heavens and died in despair!
Spoiler: Dead (click to show/hide)
I had its name engraved into a memorial slab along with the dead fisherwasp and everything else that has fallen in my pursuit of making us the greatest of all hives.
Spoiler: Slabs (click to show/hide)
The cairn itself is complete. The queen has the biggest room on the ground floor and the rest of the rooms are built to entomb any of us Overseers that may fall with her.
Spoiler: Cairn (click to show/hide)
More traders from the home hive came, although they were almost all elves with a few wasps cracking the whip. It worries me. What happens back in the capital hive that this is an acceptable entourage?
Spoiler: Traders (click to show/hide)
Progress on the Tower-Hive goes slowly due to the completion of the cairn. Once this level is completed, progress should speed up accordingly as we will just be building on the past work.
Spoiler: Tower-Hive (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

Instead of saying that a change in leadership is necessary, just say the queen has too much on her hands and needs someone else to step upto lead mundane stuff... or something like that.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 12:17:46 am »

Oh, sorry. Probably soldier, just for reasons, but I'm good with workers.

And yeah, I don't think the Queen becoming a figurehead is a good idea.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 12:33:55 am »

Shouldn't dwarves have attacked by now?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 12:35:22 am »

Shouldn't dwarves have attacked by now?

What were the settings?  I thought Dwarves were Very Late by default

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 03:09:27 am »

Instead of saying that a change in leadership is necessary, just say the queen has too much on her hands and needs someone else to step upto lead mundane stuff... or something like that.

Oh, sorry. Probably soldier, just for reasons, but I'm good with workers.

And yeah, I don't think the Queen becoming a figurehead is a good idea.

I don't think we should treat the queen as a figurehead either. This is a succession fort and even warlock succession forts (which are supposed to be despotic) threat the overlord like just another warlock.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 03:30:32 am »

suggestion: get needlers. It's an upgrade from fleshwarpers(?) when the caravan comes order whip vines

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My reaction

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Are you going to update this any time soon Rex?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

also smake, wasps are like succubi and are meant to be targeted early by dwarves
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4