Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) OOC Thread: Dead  (Read 41502 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) OOC Thread: Dead
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »

Welcome to Warriors of Lor, the newest virtual reality MMO from Idasoft. Using the latest in virtual reality technology, you'll be able to experience the world of Lor in the most detailed and immersive MMO experience in History! Control your character like your own body with the power of the Living Dream System! Explore a vast world full of magic, monsters and heroism! Play today, enter the ultimate fantasy!
And for those of you who enter here... No escape.

IC Thread!

Welcome ladies and gentleman to my second foray into GMing a FEF game! I will be eschewing the standard swords and sorcery setting to instead run a game within a game. Players take on the role of people living in the near future of 2047, where truly immersive virtual reality has hit the market, and these same players will become stuck inside the first MMO to take advantage of the situation, Warriors of Lor. This campaign will be doing some things that haven't been explored in FEFs before, including enemy units consistently having class, character and personal skills in the case of human opponents. Non-human NPC enemies will not have skills except in the case of bosses, as is the norm.

As such, this is unlikely to be a good introductory game for those new to FEF. This is gonna be a tough one. Additionally, due to the nature of the game, any player who has to drop, for any reason, will NOT be allowed back into the game. Please do not apply if you cannot make a reasonable attempt to stick to the game.

This is the handbook we'll be using- version 1.3

There is a significant list of changes to this however. Roughly in order of their appearance in the book:
At character creation, if a player chooses to put two points into HP, they will receive three instead.
In the event replacement players are added after the party reaches first class, they will have trainee levels rolled for them.
The promotion from Trainee to first class doesn't grant +5% to any growths.
Performers will not be available for play.
Awareness is Cost again. Sorry.
Disarm is Cost instead of Free.
Daunt reduces the hit, evade, and critical of enemies in range by 5, not 10.
Wyverns are no longer Vulnerable to Wind Magic. They are still vulnerable to bows and thunder magic.
Provoke will not be made available due to issues with the setting.
Stillness will not be made available due to issues with the setting.
Only Thief and Rider Trainees get their class special as Trainees. This removes the stipulation of the other classes losing an ability when they change class.
Archers do not get the Sidearm ability.
The Knight ability Hold the Line is modified to the following: Hold the Line: Passive. Whenever an enemy enters a space adjacent to the unit with this ability, their remaining MOV is reduced to 0.
Knights may choose from Sword, Axe, and Lance only.
Myrmidons do not get En Passant.
Scavengers do not get Power of the Underdog.
Shaman class skill is changed to: Ancient Gamble: Once per map, the character with this skill may choose to move as many points from the CON to their MAG as desired. At the beginning of their next turn, one point of MAG is transferred back to CON. On the following turn, two points are transferred, etc, until the stats return to their original values.
Spies get either swords or bows at C specific D general, either dependent on what trainee they promote from or which they choose if they start as spies.
The Thief special Overdeveloped Sense of Self Preservation is changed to allowing the Thief to spend any remaining movement they have after using their Steal special or using the lockpick action.
Scavengers, Spies and Thieves all get the Vision special. Vision also adds 50% to their chance to discover hidden items. Vision also alerts the character to traps.
Hidden Items are items placed on a map, but not visible to players. If a unit enters a space where a hidden item can be found, they have a LUK% chance to discover it.
Troubadours get D rank specialization, rather than C.
Assassin weapon rank is S for specialization, B for general for whatever the character had as a spy.
Bishops do not gain Sanctuary.
Bounty Hunters can steal as many weapons per battle as their Level/5, minimum 1.
Hot Start is removed from Duke Knights.
Momentum is removed from Great Knights.
Aura of Vitality restores 5 HP instead of 1/5 max HP.
Medicine Man now has a cost of 100 gold for making vulneraries.
Sentinels do not gain Retaliation.
Swordmasters do not gain Faster than the Eye.
Wyvern Knights no longer gain the Armored Class Skill.
Critical Eye is removed from Wyvern Hunter, Mountain Warrior, and Inquisitor.
Supply Line Healing only goes out 3 spaces and only heals 5 points.
Separate rolls will be made for hit and crit.
Thunder Magic as a whole is only effective against wyverns.
Fire Magic is not effective vs. Undead.
Whenever a character is equipped with Ward, they get +3 DEF/RES vs undead type enemies.
Units may not pile into forts.
There is no limit to the number of times a player may be snatched from the jaws of death.
Status counters will count down at the beginning of the unit's phase, with the sole exception of Death counters, which will continue to update at the end of a phase.
Poison functions more similarly to how it did in version 1.2: 1-5 damage at the beginning of the Player Phase, and damage from poison can down or even kill you.
Items that are acquired using the STEAL command are DROP tagged for the rest of the battle. Being reduced to a dying state will remove all DROP tagged items and place them in your attacker's inventory. If the enemy team does not have a Merchant/Supply Line, this does mean that items can potentially be lost. Items acquired through the DROP tag mechanic lose their DROP tag.

I realize this is a long list, but you shouldn't need to address it very often. So that's good.

Example Player Character Sheet!

Obviously for those who have played FEF before, some explanation is required here.
Skills: These refer to a set of non-combat skills that a player sharpens and improves as they advance through the world of Warriors of Lor. They start with none of these. The only one important to gameplay is the Perception skill. Perception allows characters to view the visible portion of any character's stat sheet, friend or foe. Players will not start with it, but the skill will be maxed out for them early on for story reasons. All other skills will be pure roleplay fluff.

Some things however will always be invisible to players (within the game. You? On the other side of the computer screen? You can still make use of this information), including statistical growth rates (including your own), affinities, supports, and the biography. This means that, even if you have support, in character you may not make use of that specific information. Note that I will not cry foul play for taking an in character action in battle using this information, though other players may react to it. Determining after a period of time that something is overriding the system (such as landing a crit that would be impossible if not for support) is allowed and expected. What your characters do with that information at that time is up to them.

Player Characters:
1. Xanmyral: Xoddahs: Shaman  -> Summoner
2. Swordstar: Riona Darkstar: Thief
3. PowderMiner: Peter Mok Vasar: Monk -> Inquisitor
4. Lucus Casius: Gecko Lord: Archer -> Sniper
5. GiglameshDespair: CircuitGrrl: Sister->Saint
6. Serious Concentrate: Stein of the 1000 Eyes: Fighter
7. USEC_Officer: Root Node: Soldier
8. F.O.E.: Myzen: Wyvern Rider-> Wyvern Knight
9. Twinwolf: FlyingHigh: Pegasus Rider
10. zomara0292: Quartus: Pirate
11. kj1225: Sol: Cavalier
12. Sentient Bowtie: Hajime: Myrmidon

Notable NPCs:

Recycling Bin:
1. adwarf: Sir Hedgehog: Soldier Trainee -> Knight -> General

Party Gold: 370

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Info Center
This post will house additional mechanical information regarding the game (as well as give me a little extra room in case I need it).

Spoiler: Major Guilds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weather Information (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notable Quotes (click to show/hide)

Current Recruitment Status: Closed.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:38:40 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) OOC Thread: No Submissions!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:42:00 pm »

Thinking of making a mage character. Propably a traditional low defense, middling HP, good resistance mage. Female, for reasons that will be known once recruitment starts, if not earlier :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

* Haspen lurks about the thread :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:45:38 pm »

* Swordstar lurks too

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 02:46:34 pm »

* Elf lurks as a newbie

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

I'll go either thief or healbot.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »

I kinda made a thief build. It's kinda excellent. And by excellent I mean ohgogwhatamidoingtomyself

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 03:44:14 pm »

Then I'll go Healbot. Maybe aim for Saint.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »

* Tiruin totally lurks here.
Axe user...or mage...or archer...arhg.

Myrmidon here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »

Myrmidon here.
Ah, dang, I was going to try that. :P

* mastahcheese joins the lurkfest
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 04:01:00 pm »

I think I may join, depending on time constraints and other factors. Do tell me: will we also play the players out of the game aside from the characters in-game?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »

I'll hop in.  Trying to decide between knight -> General  and Archer -> Battle Mage

Edit:  Seems like knight.  Time for TANKING
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:25:42 pm by Lucus Casius »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »

PTW

Gonna try Mercenary or Spy if I join
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 05:17:16 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50