Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the FDRP?

Village formerly known as Waybridge
- 2 (14.3%)
The entire barony!
- 3 (21.4%)
An idea which cannot die! (i.e. no place in particular, but rather your movement)
- 9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Simple Folk of Erioth Stage III: Improving the Barreny: Turn 47  (Read 64270 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Folk of Erioth Stage II: Steaking Claims: Turn 40
« Reply #480 on: March 30, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

Meditate *harder!*

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Folk of Erioth Stage II: Steaking Claims: Turn 39
« Reply #481 on: March 30, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »

I want my character to eventually turn into a Rangers Apprentice guy.
Could I get some details on what this means? Just curiosity.
It is from a series of books called the Ranger's Apprentice by John Flannagan.

The Rangers were masters at bows, tactics, and stealth among other things. They were the kings advisers and general peace-keepers in the country.

Tie the arrowheads to the sticks I found earlier.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 30, 2015, 10:28:04 pm »

Go further into the cave.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:38 pm »

Is the branch-off thread going up soon? I'd like to see the different mechanics involved.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2015, 03:11:20 pm »

Turn 41: Call to Arms (Cont.)
~Tradebridge Castle~
     Rabble kept getting himself more and more worked up over the fact that he couldn’t calm himself down. Spiraling out of control, he gave up. And while giving up didn’t get him to a meditative state, he felt a lot of his anxiety dissipate as he did so. It seemed a part of meditation was letting go of thoughts, even thoughts about needing to let go. +1 Meditation

Jongo arrived with ten men in tow, and was joined by Cortis, who had broken two of his sticks but gained a better understanding of fletching, and Xaver, who had convinced all four of his previous followers to join him. The set were short on men, having only seventeen able bodied men when the Count expected twenty or more, but soon they would be able to set off.  +1 Fletching (Cortis)

Spoiler: Tradebridge Castle (click to show/hide)
~A cave near Barkamsted~
     Lork and Eliza journeyed deeper, guided by the light of the fresh torch. [1d5+3=5] vs [1d5+1=5] Eliza was the first to spot another one of the things, but she couldn’t get her hands on it. [1d6+2=8] vs [1d5+1=3] Fortunately Lork’s reflexed kicked in, and so did his foot. This time he caught the thing on the head and it was down for the count. Whatever it was. It had grey green skin that peeked intermittently through rags which were weathered well beyond repair. It’s eyes were long and narrow, pale grey bordering on white. If it had stood up fully it might have been four feet in height, but as it was it stood at a mere three. Or rather laid; it was still breathing but it wasn’t moving.

Character Sheets

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Folk of Erioth Stage II: Steaking Claims: Turn 41
« Reply #485 on: March 31, 2015, 04:18:39 pm »

((Use honor, get big army, save county from rebels.))

Using my magic book, try to figure out inspirational magic now that I know a bit about meditation.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 31, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

Try again (why did I lose 5 arrowheads?)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 31, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »

Finish the creature off.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 31, 2015, 06:19:12 pm »

"No, dont kill him yet! We can question him. Help me restrain him, and carry it back up."
Restrain and carry the thing out of the light.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 31, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »

Begin training my men in swordcraft. Assuming they have swords.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 31, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

((Hey hey, that thing in the cave is a goblin! You can learn magic from it. The skeptical messenger said so.))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 31, 2015, 06:53:08 pm »

((Yeah, I figured it was a goblin. Thats why I want it alive!))
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 01, 2015, 10:19:17 am »

Is the branch-off thread going up soon? I'd like to see the different mechanics involved.
((The thread is up over here. Let me know what you think of the mechanics. It'll stay locked until we get the army ready, which will hopefully be soon. I'm also not sure if Nidilap has been seeing what's going on or not.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:52:53 pm by Urist Arrhenius »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 01, 2015, 10:26:16 am »

((The thread is up over here. Let me know what you think of the mechanics. It'll stay locked until we get the army ready, which will hopefully be soon. I'm also not sure if Nidilap has been seeing what's going on or not.))
noice.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2015, 01:55:10 pm »

Turn 42: Call to Arms (Cont.)
~Tradebridge Castle~
     From what Rabble could gather from the book there were two schools of thought on inspirational magic. The first, the Gnostic scholars, suggest that Flow is a state of mind which theoretically enables an infinite number of possibilities, and that the key to magic is simply keeping a focused mind and believing that what is being willed is both possible and ‘immediately real.’ They posit that the problem is forcing ourselves to accept the ‘immediate reality’ of the magic being performed, such that the caster isn’t actually manipulating anything but rather realizes what already is. The Ritualist scholars argue that, while Flow has commonalities across magics and is present in all inspirational magic, it does not enable arbitrary effects. Rather, there are still precise rituals which must be followed for the desired effect. In this sense, Flow is simply one among many aspects of inspirational magic, which contains practices which are only loosely unified. Rabble took this to mean there was little consensus on whether or not meditating would be enough for him to change the world around him, or if he would need to find specific spells.

Cortis still struggled to get the arrowheads onto his shafts, but thankfully didn’t break any this time. Xaver got the men doing drills, paired off against each other practices high and low guards and strikes. The sound of metal ringing to Xaver’s cadence filled the marketplace, but while the men fell into their practice quite readily Xaver was still unsure of their combat readiness. They looked better at least, though that was a low bar to reach for.

Spoiler: Tradebridge Castle (click to show/hide)
~A cave near Barkamsted~
      Eliza stepped forward to kill whatever it was that they had found, but Lork stepped between them and picked the thing up. Unsure of what means it might have of escaping, he tied both is hands and feet using some of the rags it wore. He lifted it gently and carried it up and out of the mine, back to the room where the dead men lay, with Eliza following at a slight distance, still not sure it was worth trusting the thing.

Character Sheets

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38