Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Civ, described in detail in post 5, should I primarily use?

The Frilly Trades
- 1 (50%)
The Dye of Earths
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Orid Acath: The Second Stream of Time  (Read 2219 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Orid Acath: The Second Stream of Time
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 04:31:33 pm »

This test lasted from the 15th of Granite until Granite 17th, 250 A.A.

Scribesong is the yellow 'X' in the sea of yellow. :|  The lower left water is the inland sea that roughly divides the two dwarven civs (and below that is the good ocean, for reference), and Scribesong is one of the two elven settlements that are left in the civ 'The Gullies of Showering'.  They have no leadership, and are run by the strongest current faction within them, of which there are currently at least 2.  We saw that they had political enemies and fighting to amoungst the factions, and I didn't post about a second political killing I saw in the other forest retreat,  Russetbridges.
Spoiler: Scribsung (click to show/hide)

This civ is basically finished, but for whatever reason I get to see its weakened state.  Sparsely populated, almost everybody seems to have a combat skill of some kind, and they've resorted to killing their fellow entity members.
Spoiler: Elven Ethics (click to show/hide)
The elves are permitted to kill if there's a great reason to, ftr.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »

On Our Glorious King, Mafal DaggerRisen of The Frilly Trades

Spoiler: Mafol Legends (click to show/hide)
  King Mafal DaggerRisen was born in 150, the only child to minor nobility in the Hillock of TomesTempt.  At the age of 12, his parents used their influence to make him an Administrator.  At the age of 13 he married his wife Inod PaintedPhantoms, also aged 13.

In 219, in their campaign against the dwarves, The Grizzly Kingdom declared war upon the dwarves as the result of them disputing an agreement.  The War of Growling proved devastating to The Frilly Trades.  In the opening battle 5000 merlocks marched with 1000 dwarf, elf, and human thralls upon the 3000 defenders of GlovedSpecial; and in the following 3 months several settlements were pillaged or captured.
Spoiler: The War of Growling (click to show/hide)

The flood of merlock was finally stemmed at Tomestempt, when the force of 1700 dwarves and a band of human mercenaries routed the merlocks remaining army of 4500 (then 500 thralls of each race and 3000 merlocks).  Mafol himself killed 2 named merlocks, and 8 nameless peons.  The dwarves took 1100 casualties, but were able to negotiate a truce following the battle.  With most of the nobility dead, it fell upon the highest ranking local figure to negotiate the peace; thus Mafol had his boot in the door of State politics.  The following year, it was judged that his battlefront experience and diplomatic potential was sufficient to lead the headless kingdom; thus in 220 he was crowned.

In 245 he was driven back in battle by the merlock Ongul MeadMint in a battle, but I'm sure that isn't discussed in civilized company.  What's important is that the King still serves in times of war and does so without fear.  To King Mafol!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:25:20 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »

F001-001-00

Our king, defender of Tomestempt, companion and friend of Mestthos Clasptunneled the Lovely Negator of Abbeys, and harbinger of peace, has sent us a decree.  From the royal scribes comes the order to create a Tunnel across the narrowest part of The Good Sea.  This is all apparently an effort to establish direct, permanent trade routes with The Dye of Earth, the only other state in this world truly worthy of our crafts.
   The land is aquafer-less saltwater marsh on both sides, so establishing a road to fort xxyy could actually be harder than building the tunnel!  The Russet Swamps and The Swamps of Fanciness are both untamed places, and the ocean itself a savage place.  There are even rumors of waterelves dwelling in the deeps!  We'll soon see, I'm sure; we have 2 regions worth of it on our embark map.
   Both swamps have deep soil and clay, as well as flux and deep metal.  The oceans have freshwater aquifers and some shallow ore.  The temperatures in the area might be dangerous without protection.
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

This expedition will consist of:

And of course, myself.

Spoiler: Our Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Livestock (click to show/hide)

We have decided upon our name and the fortress' name as well.  We are The Confusing Portals, and we shall found TopLabor!!!
Spoiler: Hehe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:46:36 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 05:43:14 pm »

F001-01-01

Mappy
  Ere the Giant Lions get hungry.  The waves are so dense that the world itself seems to slow to watch them break.  I don't know why this land is considered a swamp, all of the boggy areas are dry and most of the grass is dry as tinder; it's hotter than the fuzz of a peach crack here!  When we arrived, we were shocked to discover that The Good Sea was in fact 2 separate oceans!
Spoiler: Peach Fuzz (click to show/hide)

I suppose that I will take the order to mean that we should secure the area.  So that requires connecting the waters, erecting topside defenses, testing for the location of the aquifers, and perhaps a few drowning pits.
  I have lain out a proposed tunnel location, as well as a topside farm and fortress access point.  If all goes well we will be self-sufficient before the caravan arrives!  There does not appear to be life in the region, but I am sure it will show up soon enough.  The glazer will content himself making beds, and the mason with blocks and doors.  And the requisite chair/table for yours truly.
Spoiler: The Seperation (click to show/hide)

The first order of business is to test the ambient temperature.  Finding it uncomfortable but nonlethal, we will dig out a small farming area first, to shake off the rust of travel, start farming, and add some quick sleeping quarters.  There are 4 layers of sand and clay between us and the stones, so we'll dig there for from the heat.
  Aside from that, we need to scout for the aquifer and breach the caverns so we can begin to graze our critters.  We lucked into finding a breeding pair of horses for our wagon!

It's been a week, and the farms are up.  Well, 2 plots of them.  That's 20 plots hewn from clay.  We ran into rock in the corner of one of them, but it was dry and did not interrupt our plans.  Still, it looks ugly.
I have made a list of crops and growing times/seasons for my own reference:
Spoiler: Crops (click to show/hide)
  Once this area is dug out I will order a storage facility that will temporarily house the masons and other crafters.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »

17Felsite250 - 1Hematite250

F001-001-02
Mermaids!  Spotted in the northern ocean.  We rumors state that only a thousand or so of them live, but all come capable of wielding a spear.
Spoiler: Mermaids (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mermaid Raw (click to show/hide)

A Deep Pit from one cavern layer to the next was found.  This is a mixed blessing, as it invites monsters and slows down time, but at the same time we have a good idea of the layout of the Earth.  At least the third layer should remain sealed for the time being . . .
Spoiler: Cave Pit (click to show/hide)

Still, our efforts have brought us the spore spawn we need for an animal industry.  Construction of a treefarm and pasture shall be ordered immediately following the completion of basic necessities.
  Summer has arrived.  A kitchen and sleeping area has been established.  A farm and grazing area has been dug out, and aquifer is being dug for as I speak.  The workers are all hauling or crafting supplies, and even a few nest boxes.

The only peculiarity I wish to report is the death of 3 mermen in the southern ocean.  For reasons unclear to us they all just . . . died.  Their blood is drifting around the ocean floor now.
  There has been no life spotted on land.  In the caverns below a cave crocodile crawls around.  The arrival of summer could mean migrants.  Let us pray they bring frames.
Spoiler: Dead Mermaids (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: YUDI? (click to show/hide)

*To be clear, about 15 or so mermaids have frequented thus far, and only these 3 have died . . .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:27:21 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 [2]