Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Civ, described in detail in post 5, should I primarily use?

The Frilly Trades
- 1 (50%)
The Dye of Earths
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Orid Acath: The Second Stream of Time  (Read 2195 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Orid Acath: The Second Stream of Time
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:04 pm »

Welcome to Orid Acath: The Second Steam!

Spoiler: Biome Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:58:54 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Stream through Time <unnamed>
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:21 pm »

Introduction

This thread is about me trying to document the evolution of a universe.  I've taken a customized medium world andrun it for 250 years.  Now I'm going to run forts and adventurers to pass in-game time and try to record the result.

Spoiler: The Parameters (click to show/hide)

The world consists of one complete continent that spans from pole to pole, with temperatures ranging from freezing to roasting.  Mountains have been tuned down, and meshed together.  There are several medium sized evil and good regions.  Megabeasts, Night Creatures, and Demons are bountiful, and erosion is strong and uneven, with ample amounts of streams.  There are inland oceans, and lakes so large they span multiple world-map tiles.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:21:14 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:29:53 pm »

Map and Regional Data here
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:41:22 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:30:37 pm »

Mods

The short of it is:  my own mods.  I added various critters, a civ, and a few other changes, including seasonal crops and modified entity tokens.  I also buff a few choice creatures.  Its still very much DF, just with my own flavor added.

Spoiler: The Long (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:58:21 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 06:31:05 pm »

Adventurers and Forts
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:52:03 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »

Civilizations

☼Dwarves☼

Thidasnish - 'The Frilly Trades'
Homelands: The Whimsical Spines
Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Nobility (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: God/King Dump (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Brief History (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lost settlements (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conflicts (click to show/hide)

Atir Ber - 'The Dye of Earth'
Homelands: The Yellow Finger
Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Nobility (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: God/King Dump (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Brief History (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lost Settlements (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conflicts (click to show/hide)

Merlock

Human

Golbin

Elven

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:53:28 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 06:32:18 pm »

Noteable Critters

Titans/Forgotten Beasts

Megabeasts

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:44:22 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:32:34 pm »

Notable Events
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:55:00 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »

Timeline
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:55:13 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 01:23:52 pm »

Reserved
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:55:37 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orid Acath: The Second Stream of Time
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

A Test Character is being Produced.  An Elf, from Yemeni Bali.
 000-01-01

Spoiler: Elven Map KNowledge (click to show/hide)
Born of peasants and gifted by the forest with high agility, Inale DesertMines was trained in basic claimbing, swimming, hammering, and ambushing, and upon completing his training went to Scribesung.

Spoiler: Infightinh (click to show/hide)
Inale decends from his treetop perch to the sound of combat.  Elves cursing at something, darts being spit at an unseen foe.  What was happening?  In the nearby shaping tree an elven blowgunner was being murdered.  Climbing up into the tree, Inale was warmly greeted by the shapers, but none would comment on the mob justice being dispensed in front of him.  How far for the elves to have fallen.  Once the blowgunner was dead, Inale traded for his wooden armor, and set off to find the druid.  Somebody to give him direction.

There was none.   Russetbridges and Scribesung were devoid of nobility.  And indeed there was little in the way of even population even.  There was nothing left but to head north and see what became of the retreats there.  Making a final check of his skills, Inale heads blindly north hoping for the best.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »

000-01-02

Asking a passing traveler about Scibesung, Inale found that it was occupid by an elven usurper.  This once glorious empire has been reduced to squabbling cannibals fighting over the bones of each other.  Without food or drink to speak of, Inale made plans to find a meal of his own soon.

And then 'Nemisis Error' as Inale stopped to meet a traveler.  :|
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »

000-0-01

So take 2.

Inale SnarledEmpire: Adequate knife user, Adequate hammerman, novice dodger and novice Shield user.  High agility.  Born to Scribesung, in a universe where Inale DesertMines didn't exist.
Spoiler: Infightinh (click to show/hide)

Starting in the same tree as Inale, Inale Sees the same fight unfold, just with different results.  Aweme Relepilefari is thrown from the tree, fracturing his right hand upon landing.  As he lay there, trying to squirm away, a swordelf jumped from the tree.  The elf was determined to see this through.

Noting his lack of food and drink, Inale decided to help out.  Biting into his unconcious foe, Inale took snacks of the ears, nose, and a few toes before choking the still unconcious Aweme to death.  Deftly cutting up the body with his knife, Inale climbed the tree to find the occupier of the settlement.

Spoiler: Senama in a tree (click to show/hide)
Senama Thithucili, overlord, informed Inale that the dispute was a political one, and that Aweme did not support the reign of Senama.  How terrible that the elves could fall to such low and depraved levels.
Spoiler: Conversations (click to show/hide)

Inale set off northwards into the forest, hoping to avoid any paradox in time.

Spoiler: Aweme's legend (click to show/hide)
So poor Aweme had survived since the begining of time; only to get killed for political differences.  I mean, I killed him, but he was going to die whether or not I was present.  Odd the elves would have that happen.  I don't think I changed their ethics that much. :\
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »

000-0-02

Traveling to the forest retreat of LushOwner, Inale had little difficulter speaking with the administrator there.  Eumingrae Petem the elf, described how his presence helped ensure the cooperation of the local polulation with his human lords and 'insured the integration of human invovation and elven grace'.
Spoiler: Treetop Tables (click to show/hide)

Hunh.  Well, iron maces and limestone tables in treetops aside, Inale grabbed a fiber bag and moved further northward to map the area out.  The night falls and the beginings of a map are made.
Spoiler: mappy (click to show/hide)

Spending the night in a dwarven hillock, Inale took the time to fill his fiber bag with the elf meat and some drink.  Tomorrow he should make it to the capital.  And indeed, early in the morning Inale arrived at Hawkin.  The market was empty, save for elven mercenaries and a peasant or two selling crafts.  The Home Tree was not much better.
  The shaping trees surrounding the Home Tree were filled with silver and bone jewelry.  Instead of the bones of their defeated foes they were the bones of the local wildlife.  The human who ran the forest, 'The Infinite Realm', were depopulating the region and mining out its ore!  The very Earth was compromised.  Andnale would start with the encampment across the river
Spoiler: Home Tree (click to show/hide)

*So it is confirmed then that the Humies took the elven lands.  Well, most of them.  The dwarves actually lost one to a Titan, so, most of them.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 03:58:21 pm »

000-0-03

Traveling to the camp, Inale found a miced human/elf contingent sleeping inside every one of the tents.  They wouldn't wake up, so he decided to go find a human noble to make them answer for their crimes against the forest.
Spoiler: Tent on a Cliff (click to show/hide)

The travel along the road was realitively boring.  Goblin settlements were close by, but the patrols seemed to stay away from the roads.  In the closest hamlet connected by road, Inale found out that bandits would stalk from house to house, ducking inside to avoid the scorching heat.  So hot was it, in fact, that Inale actually started to melt traveling from building to building.
Spoiler: Melting (click to show/hide)

What magic was this?  Why was Inale the only one dying from the heat?
The intense heat was only made worse by the waxy, insulating coating of fat that seeped out of his body's pores.  Inale fell over from the pain, crawling weakly over furniture and calling out for help.  There was no relief from the burning heat of CharcoalLords as Inale was consumed, leaving a trail of blood in his wake.
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)

CharcoalLords temperature is obvious ridiculously high. :v
But that is our test character.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:31:26 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2