Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't open GUI  (Read 1069 times)

Deep Nova

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't open GUI
« on: February 14, 2015, 12:13:02 pm »

Hey everyone, new account here, but long time lurker of the DF forums, I'm making this thread since I couldn't find a solution to my problem. I downloaded Masterwork DF v6.2 yesterday and when I tried to open the GUI .exe, said GUI crashed. It always shows the loading screen and crashes after about 10 seconds. Worst part is windows gives me a generic "Program has had a problem" message.

Before you ask I already have .NET 4 installed, so I really am at a loss as to what could be causing this problem.

EDIT: Please tell me if I should move this to the GUI thread.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:53:12 pm by Deep Nova »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Can't open GUI
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:41:31 pm »

Not sure how I could help you. Which win version is it? Did older GUI's work?

Usually I'd say .NET, but you seem to have it updated, so not much I can do... :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deep Nova

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:20:59 am »

WIN 7, 64 bits.

What older GUI's do you think I should try, I tried downloading about 5 versions down from the latest one, but I think every one of those files is the same GUI?. I tried the GUI on another PC with the same win version, and it worked, I don't really know what to do.

Maybe you can point me out to the last version that didn't use the current GUI?

It sucks so bad, I really wanted to play masterwork :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:33:46 pm »

You can play it without the GUI, just run the exe. If you want to enable other races, you have to open the RAWs manually, check the entity_*.txt files and just add CIV_PLAYABLE.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::