Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I do the turns?

Continue the chapter-liketurns, it's like a Conan short story!
- 8 (88.9%)
Make it like you usually do. Action, then reaction.
- 1 (11.1%)
I don't even like Howard.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hyboria RTD  (Read 3922 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria RTD
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 07:05:28 pm »

Cough loudly and then look at the barkeep, with , 'you want help?' Tilt of the head and raising of the eyebrow. If yes, strike att he guy witht he knife. With the goal of taking off his fingers .. . .hand.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 07:00:02 pm »

Turn 3: Bleeding Taverns

The ruffians begin to laugh at the fright of the barkeep. He shakes with fear, and quivers,
"N-now, gentlemen. W-we need not any violence here. I suggest y-you leave, before I call the guards."
The bandits begin to laugh, and the one wielding a knife inches it to the barkeeps throat.
"Can't speak wiff a slit froat, zzat right, mates?" He guffaws at his trouble-maker friends. Suddenly, a cough, then a voice, breaks the stupor of the brigands.

'you want help?'

An Ophirian stands from his table and places his hand to his hip. He eyes the dagger in the brigand's hand, and smiles. The barkeep slowly nods, and in an instant, the brigand's hand from the knuckles down are gone, and the knife falls to the bar with the fingers of the bandit. He screams and stumbles away. The other bandits pull out several weapons and roar at the Ophirian. Just as one is about to stab the Opherian, Grun hops out of a shadow and stabs the brigand twice in the neck, leaving him on the ground, dead. "Fuckin' brigands." Drest says grumbling. He wields his axe, and readies for battle.

THERE ARE FIVE OTHER BANDITS. THREE HAVE SWORDS, AND TWO HAVE AXES.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:01:34 pm by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:12:49 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 10:39:17 pm »

Mention to the bandits that they are kind of outnumbered. Or, rather, outskilled. And that I rather not move on to more lethal measures. And then bare my last chakram for them all to see. And then, the next one to show the slightest of hostility will find that weapon in their gut.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

No idea where I got this knife from, but it seems rather nice. Stay in the shadows and dodge and weave. If I see an opening somewhere, say one of the bandits is focused in someone else, shank 'em.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 05:01:01 pm »

Ax the nearest one!
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 05:18:06 pm »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:18:48 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:59 am »

TURN 4: Tavern Brawl

The Ophirian, trying to persuade the brigands to leave while they are ahead, is kicked over by a particularly angry looking bandit. Trying to get away, he slashes with his Chakram, dealing several slices across the brigand's arms and chest. Yet the brigand raises his sword up high, and slams the hilt at the lying Ophirian. It strikes him, leaving him dazed. The other brigands begin to run at the quick Zingaran, but he hops out of their way, and leads one into the Axe of his Pictish friend! Blood sprays over the Pict, and he tears the axe out of his victim, and readies to fight again. During this, the swift Zingaran stabs TWO bandits, one in the heart, and one in the haunch. The haunched brigand swings around, and nicks the Zingaran in the chest! A light cut, but a cut nonetheless. Suddenly, a Kusani enters the tavern with a Zamoran!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »

Hopefully my contact doesn't get hurt in this fight. Stay out of the way, and enjoy the fight
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 02:45:14 pm »

dodge and weave, dodge and weave. Shank em when they're distracted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:03 pm »

roll out of the way, going on the defensive until I can regain my barings.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 05:27:24 pm »

Attack the brigands!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 06:49:06 pm »

More axing!
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »

Turn 5 Tavern Brawl Part 2

With three brigands left, victory looks quite promising for the adventurers. The Kusani, Hu Min, decides that this little battle would bring some entertainment. Suddenly, the Zamoran woman in his company yells her warrior cry and dances to the Zingaran. As Grun slides and hops gracefully away from his attacker, the Zamoran skips in front of him and stabs her adversary in the chest, twisting, and shoving the now dead bandit away.

Drest throws himself at the one uninjured brigand to whet his blade once more, and is parried! Suddenly, the bandit twirls his axe right into Drest's haunch, glistening blood on himself, and his adversary. Drest's roars in pain and anger, and curses in Pictish, promising a rage-filled retribution.

The Opherian uses the Pict's yell as a distraction- and perhaps, inspiration- to shove away the mounted brigand with a fatal slash of his Chakram into his eyes.

Blood fills the now empty tavern, with one brigand left. He wields his axe around, and smirks.

"Crom, what weaklings I had as allies. I worry not for death. Salanc will deal with all of you."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 07:56:28 pm »

Go in with a false attack, parry, and then slice open the noisy mans throat.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4