Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Crown of Conquest - Browser RPG - now with improved automation  (Read 31661 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crown of Conquest - Browser RPG - now with improved automation
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »

Come play Crown of Conquest and join The Slaves to Armok. Dehimos' old thread is here.

Update: Bay12 has a custom script that is being updated to add a lot of automation, to remove some of the micromanagement from the game. This includes map movement with less clicking than vanilla, automatically collecting gold from your garrisons, scanning all shops when you enter a town and filtering a list of items into a special report, that match criteria that you can customize. The script also allows you to define your own custom character builds and have the level up stat points, skills and spells allocated automatically. This prevents tedium and accidentally clicking the wrong thing!

As well as the script we have a bay12 map, which automatically draws data from script users who choose to set up an account, or you can manually edit the map to put your own notes in, as needed. It makes world navigation much simpler.

~~~

Looking for new players to try the game out. It's a turn-based dungeon crawling RPG with a party of up to 8 D&D style characters. It'd be a great help if people play this for even a short amount of time. A couple of weeks of daily play will get you a level 15 party capable of capturing and holding a city. Then, you only have to log in occasionally to maintain things ... and via the magic of Javascript we've reduced that down to literally logging in and clicking one button to level up all your characters.

A Bay12-exclusive interactive game map is here, this is for navigating around, and also has a plug-in which lets you track your location on the map automatically. It needs a special password which you can get by PM'ing one of the established active players. Players can update info for places they visit, including castles, cities and dungeons, and put notes on any locations of interest.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:34:59 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crown of Conquest - Web RPG (aka Kingdoms) - Dwarven Kingdom Established.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »

Getting started

Spoiler: 1) Creating your party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6) Leveling up (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7) Improving your gear (click to show/hide)

Frequently Asked Questions

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:02:36 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:20:46 pm »

Features of the Bay12 map and Script

The Script:

- Allows you to move more than one space at a time in the world map with one click, tries to avoid high-move-cost tiles.
- Allows one-click healing of your entire party
- Allows one-click battle resolution, and automatically retargets your entire party at each enemy
- Lets you know what items are for sale in the shops without having to click every item (customizable filter)
- Lets you know the blacksmith quality of a town without you opening the blacksmith page
- Automatically collects taxes from your garrisons and towns when you walk over them, instead of having to cut/paste numbers into the "take gold" form
- Collects information about locations and cities you visit and uploads that to the Bay12 map, so we collaborate on updated intel.
- Has an automatic character level-up system with customizable settings - write customized "builds" and then apply them based on character name

The Map:

- can automatically update where you are on the map when you integrate it with the script
- shows towns, who is the mayor, what blacksmith level, what country the towns are belonging to
- shows coach routes for all towns in the world.
- shows garrisons and who owns them
- shows locations of dungeons around the world
- can have custom "flags" put on the map to indicate to-do lists or notes.
- has a waypoint system which automatically clears points off as you move in the game (if using the script as well).

The waypoint system works and is integrated with the in-game script, but it's really not user-friendly to add waypoints, yet. You have to go to the "Parties" tab, input your current password, then edit the waypoint data right in a text-box. Hit "Submit" at the top of the page and your waypoints will appeaar on the map. I need to work out a visual system for that right on the map, that still allows full control of waypoint order.

To-do list - Script

High priority, do-able soon

- automatic walking function to stop when encounters monsters or items (if you have the autocombat turned on) so you can choose to fight or pick stuff up
- make the automatic healing a bit faster (healing all 8 characters in parallel), and report how many heal spells are available
- make autohealing check for recalled spells
- add an option to kick in auto-healing after every battle finishes
- allow the player to click on monster portraits to mass-target specific monsters (more player control)

Low priority, wishlist
- possibly, automatic "scribe scrolls" feature.
- possibly, "give all" option to transfer items
- some sort of report on available recruits in cities (maybe just a count for now)
- some sort of helper for quests
- automatica tax rate adjuster based on happiness

To-do list - Map

- waypoint system in the map, make this easier to use, and integrate it with the "walk" feature of the script
- make the map work nicer with Chrome (uphill battle)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:26:02 am by Reelya »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 09:35:25 pm »

ptw
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:00:36 pm »

Reelya has obviously spent a lot of time on this game, and knows his shit.

The only thing I might disagree with, a little:  archers aren't necessarily the best.  It's true that they don't get hit much at high levels, but the damage they do seems to be quite a bit less than a warrior's.  My 3 level 20+ warriors regularly do 40 damage or more in an attack, while my archers plink away for maybe 14 an attack.  It seems to me that if you don't have enough damage dealing warriors, combat will take forever at high level.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 10:08:07 pm »

PTW.

We may have to consider making the green guy join us to prevent disputes for territory.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 10:24:03 pm »

The only thing I might disagree with, a little:  archers aren't necessarily the best.  It's true that they don't get hit much at high levels, but the damage they do seems to be quite a bit less than a warrior's.  My 3 level 20+ warriors regularly do 40 damage or more in an attack, while my archers plink away for maybe 14 an attack.  It seems to me that if you don't have enough damage dealing warriors, combat will take forever at high level.

well XP/turn is a barometer of how quickly i'm taking stuff down. And I got great XP/turn from the build I have, which is two warriors, 3 archers, and 3 priests - the third priest replaced my mage when I started doing level 4 dungeons because the mage was too weak and would die in the first 1-2 fights no matter what, and at this point level 4 dungeons really needed the three priests - because the warriors take so much damage per turn, and are major heal sinks, whereas the archers pretty much only need a trickle of healing. If I was tweaking this to be more efficient, I'd probably switch the 3rd priest to another archer, rather than another warrior.

What sort of bows are your guys armed with Zazmio? It's difficult to find indestructible bows, but I have 1 longbow and ~ 2 short bows of that type that I've upgraded. If you have upgraded indestructible melee weapons, but haven't got the same thing for bows then that skews the effectiveness.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:33:40 pm by Reelya »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:05:31 am »

Anyone want me to refer them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 03:01:52 am »

Thread reboot?
PTW.
My party has been admittedly offline due to many reasons (like bad internet)...and I do hope the two garrisons I have didn't die out in the time being ._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:08 am »

Ok ... I've gotten a handle on how the kingdom quests work and have written this up into the OP.

Basically the choices are to reward for making a tower, creating a garrison, or taking over a city. Also, the specific X/Y location and allowed player have to be declared when I create the quest. There's also a generic "claim land" quest but that's sort of meh since randomly claimed land without a castle degrades kinda quickly.

The most useful of these is the quest to build a tower, that way I can fund construction costs for people who are putting up fortifications at those important locations. But I have to know who specifically wants to build where before creating the quest. Let's say 10000gp for this quest.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 04:01:29 am »

well XP/turn is a barometer of how quickly i'm taking stuff down. And I got great XP/turn from the build I have, which is two warriors, 3 archers, and 3 priests - the third priest replaced my mage when I started doing level 4 dungeons because the mage was too weak and would die in the first 1-2 fights no matter what, and at this point level 4 dungeons really needed the three priests - because the warriors take so much damage per turn, and are major heal sinks, whereas the archers pretty much only need a trickle of healing. If I was tweaking this to be more efficient, I'd probably switch the 3rd priest to another archer, rather than another warrior.

What sort of bows are your guys armed with Zazmio? It's difficult to find indestructible bows, but I have 1 longbow and ~ 2 short bows of that type that I've upgraded. If you have upgraded indestructible melee weapons, but haven't got the same thing for bows then that skews the effectiveness.

The xp per turn stat might be inflated by the 80 something characters you have garrisoned, getting free xp from barracks.  I'm not sure about that, though.  In any case, I'm sure your core 8 are an efficient xp machine.

Currently I'm rolling with 3 warriors, 2 priests, 1 archer, and 1 mage.  The mage doesn't seem to have much of a problem in level 4 dungeons.  I keep him around to cast entangles and weakens, and to make scrolls of entangle to give the others.

Almost all my damage output is from the 3 warriors, who, when hasted and berserk, can sometimes deal out 100 damage each in one round.  They do take some damage, though, and it can get tedious constantly healing them.

The archer has an indestructible longbow with no bonus elemental damage.  The damage she does is not in the same league as the warriors'.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 04:12:15 am »

I was already near highest of bay12 players before i built the garrisons. Each garrison cost over $40000 of materials to build the castle and level 10 barracks, which I earned with my main party. If I do dungeons for a day, I get over $100000 in loot, which is what I used to build them. So the XP i'm getting now from the garrisons is a direct result of dungeon crawling with my main party. So it's not like i'm crippled in fights or anything like that, quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:14:12 am by Reelya »

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 04:40:19 am »

Thanks for the new thread. I am fucking lazy and too incompetent to maintain the thread.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 06:52:42 am »

I'm migrating my garrison across to the South East, then I shall join.

Edit : It's done.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:00:37 am by Wysthric »
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 08:30:30 am »

PTW. My garrisons should start claiming land in a couple of days.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24