Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ethnically Cleansing the Elves.. or genocide  (Read 7536 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ethnically Cleansing the Elves.. or genocide
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:56 am »

If you want to annihilate elven kind there are a few ways to go about it.
  • Industrialize it. Somewhat similar to dealing with goblin invaders, make it fast and efficient.
  • Geneva Contravention it. Ironic prisons constructed out of wood, charcoal and glass for the ones who aren't allowed to die, eaten by wild animals/gladiator pits/!!SCIENCE!! for the ones that must die.
  • Collaborate. The Elves can offer valuable wild beasts in exchange for Dwarven goods. Trade with their merchants and imprison their diplomats. Drive a wedge between their mercantile class (who are tolerable) and their political class (who are insufferable) and their military class (who are adorable).
Man this elf hatred thing doesn't get old now doesn't it.
My view on Elves was tempered once. The majority of the time my relations with the pointed eared folk are cordial.

My views on them were somewhat changed, when my Dwarves were so thirsty in the scorching desert. They dug deep but the caverns too were dry. They were running out of alcohol, they were out of water, they were very thirsty and they were losing their cool. The Elves arrived with plenty of alcohol. I traded with them. Things were going well. Then they got offended and left. We were tree murderers who deserved none of their wares.
Tree murderers.
In a treeless desert.
The Dwarves were very thirsty...

Zealord

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT:SUBURBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

Did you survive though! I actually expected you to have murdered them... As would I...
This is great.

xXDzepniXx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 05:04:15 pm »

How may I trap the elves? My plans are incorrect in-game and I screwed up, although I am alive, and I have more chances, although I don't know how to trap the elves in cages then take them out and put them in a location..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »

Did you survive though! I actually expected you to have murdered them... As would I...
Oh yes of course, the elves were all killed to the last and my Dwarves secured the much needed alcohol. It's the same strategy I pursued in tundra and glacier embarks, where water is hard to come by and farming is nigh-impossible.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 07:06:57 pm »

How may I trap the elves? My plans are incorrect in-game and I screwed up, although I am alive, and I have more chances, although I don't know how to trap the elves in cages then take them out and put them in a location..

Diplomats and traders are naturally immune to traps under normal situations. 

There are two ways to handle this; You can either stun the elves through some form of cave-in or dropping them a z-level or two onto the traps via retracting drawbridge, or you can use the webbed trap method by triggering a Giant Cave Spider into flinging webs that are over traps (or onto retracting bridges that will drop the webs onto the traps).
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Tyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 06:57:01 am »

Don't forget the pitchblende!

Been importing it a bit at a time. Damn Mountainhome is being stingy with it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 03:52:36 pm »

Lead goblets? No. Too easy and quick.

Better lead chain leggings.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 [2]