Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 67006 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2015, 09:54:57 pm »

Glare at me all you want, you'll get the save when I have the ability to get it to you. I hope you don't mind Dropbox, I'll see if I can get it to you tonight that way.

Edit one: I also need to make a couple of edits to the save first. Namely, I misnamed Timeless's dwarf.  Also, I claimed my dwarf for next year in the save already (the captain of the guard)

Edit 2: Longinus, don't worry too much about the double-post, I do that all the time. Bad habit I picked up from playing forum mafia here (where no-edits is a rule).

https://www.dropbox.com/l/MVo4zOEeMJ4PZ23dYAQbmo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:01:45 pm by 4maskwolf »

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2015, 10:50:53 pm »

Glare at me all you want

Thank you. I believe I shall.

ò_ó

Opened up the save. Place doesn't look bad at all. Food stocks are a bit lower than I'd like for this population point. The complete lack of fish also mortifies me. Now for dorfings. Longinus, any preferred profession for your dwarf? You didn't specify, and it actually matters in this place. I can also provide a list of available dwarves at the start of the year.

I won't be able to start actually playing at any point before thursday. I can, however, do some plotting, scheming writing. Expect the first piece of plot tomorrow.

As for the dwarves in the other factions. Now would be a time to curry favor with the Whalers. I'll accept requests from factions, but they might not get done if the Whalers don't stand to benefit in some way. Let the intrigue begin!

No, really. I'd appreciate it. Gives me something more to do with the place.

EDIT: For the sake of my retinas, is it fine if I run a graphics pack? The excessive black space of the default ASCII kills me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:02:12 pm by Rhaken »
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing Evadeth Mine Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:18 pm »

Now for dorfings. Longinus, any preferred profession for your dwarf? You didn't specify, and it actually matters in this place. I can also provide a list of available dwarves at the start of the year.
ill just take the male ranger just say that he came in after you became overser

also could you set him to work on engraving and masonery
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2015, 11:39:09 pm »

Now for dorfings. Longinus, any preferred profession for your dwarf? You didn't specify, and it actually matters in this place. I can also provide a list of available dwarves at the start of the year.

Consider it done. Your dwarf has been around for some time though. A lot of crundles have bonded to him.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56:10 pm »

Consider it done. Your dwarf has been around for some time though. A lot of crundles have bonded to him.
eh that doesnt realy matter to me crundles are nice i guess

anyway ill post a more indepth backstory post soonish
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2015, 02:25:45 am »

wrote up my sotry of how Father Wolfe got to the fortress i hope its good

How Father Wofle Got to the Fortress:

The camp was not far from the capital. Some came from it to on their way to the fortress Crownhammers, where rebels were welcome. Others came simply to get away from the king and his soldiers. After all, if one was to be in a puppet state for a bunch of goblins, he should at least be away from the government. Still, there was one dwarf who had not come for either of those things, but rather to do something else. His name was Father Wolfe, and he came to build his church.

The church itself was built on a tall hill in the center of the camp. It was built from various rocks and blocks that could be found nearby, and the only thing notable about it was the stainedglass window in the rear. This was the preachers church: The Church of Armok.

One day Father Wolfe and his flock were in the church, performing their usual services. They were all dressed in all black with long black coats and wide-brimmed black hats that almost covered their eyes. As the end of the service came near, the preacher drew a dagger from his coat and his disciples followed suit.

"Let us recommit ourselves to our sacred oath and allegiance to Armok" he cried. Then he and his followers made a slice on thier non-dominant hand, allowing their blood to spill onto the floor.

"All that we have," led the preacher, "is but for the glory of Armok."

Suddenly the door was kicked down by a goblin lasher and he and his squad of crossbow goblins flocked into the church.

"Hello there, Father! Haw haw haw!" said the goblin leader.

"What is the meaning of this disturbance?" asked Father Wolfe. "This is a sacred space!"

"Haw haw haw!" said the lasher, "We were just passing along when we came across this young she-dwarf." One of the crossbow goblins chucked the corpse of a lady-dwarf onto the floor. "We were thinking that you were responsible for this."

"You and I both know who is responsible for this!" responded the preacher.

"True" said the goblin lasher guy, "but I'm not interested in getting accused of inciting any anti-goblin sentiment, so I'm just going to pin it on you! Everyone knows you weirdos offer blood sacrifices. It was just too bad that I was not here to save this ladydwarf from her fate, but at least i was here to execute the killers! Haw haw haw!"

Two church guards with spears ran up to the goblins.

"Fire" said the lasher goblin.

The squad fired at the dwarves, killing all of them except for the preacher. "Uh-oh!" he said, and he grabbed a stack of blank scrolls and a set of pens from the altar and jumped out the window. He fell screaming many feet before landing on a horse.

"Hyah! Hyah! He screamed as he kicked his feet into its sides, causing it to run at top speed as bolts whizzzed passed his head.

He would travel for many miles, leaving his attackers in the dust. He left the puppet state that was once The Matched Silvers, and he travelled through enemy territory until he came to a small-looking outpost by the coast. Here, he got off his horse and sacrificed it to Armuk as thanks for keeping him safe. When he looked towards the sea, he saw how beautiful the zombie birds looked as they swooped about. Suddenly, blood began to pour from the sky, a glob hit his face. Father Wolfe fell to his knees and put his hat on his chest.

"This blood is a sign from Armok. It's the promised land!"

(this is the song that played)

And so on 1st Granite of the 202nd year since Creation, Father Wolfe arrived at Crownhammers.

oops sorry forgot about the whole dont double post thing
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:29:48 am by Longinus »
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2015, 04:45:00 am »

You can use graphic packs if you want, just make sure to put the save back to the original set before passing it to the next player.

Patch 1.3: Guilds of Engravers and Animal Trainers added.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:00:55 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »

Deus: when you have the time, could you update which dwarves are in which faction currently?

Also, to Rhaken: the fortress guard are entirely incapable of engaging in battle right now, since it was three raw recruits and a veteran to train them, and they've spent quite a bit of time upgrading their equipment (adamantine helmets and masterwork silver maces and whatnot).

Also, what does your guild want for favor exchanges?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:38:13 pm by 4maskwolf »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

Grabbing the save to do that now, yes.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2015, 02:54:58 pm »

Also, what does your guild want for favor exchanges?

You could help promote their faith, for one thing. Even converting would count as a favor, albeit a small one. Support in future elections is also acceptable. Anything that aligns with their ideology of hard labor and equal rights for dwarves could also do it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2015, 04:11:22 pm »

Party page and OP should be up to date with dwarf profiles and party membership, both living and dead. Let me know if it's better to just remove dead members outright rather than leaving them on the list.

Side note: Goden Tosidusol wasn't added to the Legion last year. Could you add her now?

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »

Rhaken can you post a picture of my Dwarfs thoughts and preferences sheet?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2015, 04:42:30 pm »

In the OP.  >:(

Patch 1.4: Artists' influence from traded goods divided by five. Hippies.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »

Oops never mind
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 18, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

hey rhakn when you do get around to posting could i have a churhc just above the cavernlevels
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34