Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66599 times)

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2015, 05:32:23 pm »

((We're actually singing Drunken Sailor in chorus class right now))

Sea shanties in chorus class? AWESOME. Can we have a recording? o:
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2015, 05:52:26 pm »

I dunno, I think it's illegal to have recording devices inside classrooms. Because muh privacy, I guess.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 02:32:08 pm »

Balor's Journal, 7th of Hematite
Following our breach of the aquifer, we finally finished digging those plots that Nobeard wanted. I doubt we'll be able to get much done before the end of the year, but bedrooms are the mining priority for the time being at least.

12th of Hematite
We discovered some good veins of tetrahedrite and bismuthinite while digging out the bedrooms. With any luck we'll find some tin ore and be able to arm ourselves without the king's approval. Xan seems pleased about it in any case and is campaigning to cut down the rest of the local trees in order to smelt some copper.

15th of Hematite
I was doing an inspection of the perimeter earlier and couldn't find Taran anywhere. Eventually came upon him staring at the ocean. He didn't seem to notice the red tides. There is clearly more to him than meets the eye. I must admit that I worry about the people I've been sent on this expedition with. If it hadn't caught me so unawares I'd have been able to run a much more thorough background check on them, but hopefully what agents I still have in the capital will be able to feed me some new information.

"Taran, what's wrong?" Balor asked carefully, watching the dazed carpenter for any sudden movements. A scream in the distance cut through the air. With a sudden intake of breath, Taran sprang back to attention, pulling out the copper spear that had been strapped to his back and rushing towards the noise with Balor hot on his heels. She rounded a sand dune to find Taran holding up Insane. The woodcutter's left leg was mangled beyond recognition, the bloodstained log beside him the clear cause of his injury. As Balor's eyes took in more of the scene, she realised that Taran had clamped his hand over Insane's mouth.
"What are you doing!?" she exclaimed, rushing towards them. Taran held his other hand out, gesturing frantically towards something in the sky. Overhead, carrying the stench of death with them, skeletal birds circled the fortress. It seemed like they couldn't see the dwarves, and after an hour that stretched for centuries, they vanished over the horizon.
"Rakust Nokortarag," Balor swore. "The tales were true. This place is cursed."
"Yeah, the blood raining from the sky didn't give that away already," Taran replied, taking Insane's axe for a moment. After a few well placed cuts, he tied the resulting boards to the injured dwarf's crushed leg and picked him up. They walked back to the fortress in silence.
"We need to tell the others," Taran said as he put Insane on one of the new beds.
"Something tells me they already know," Balor answered, wincing as she heard someone shouting for her.

25th of Hematite
I'm attempting to pick up some medical knowledge in order to do something about Insane's leg, but I didn't expect to need it so soon after arrival at this place. For now I'm just trying to get his bones back where they should be, which is difficult enough (nearly certain that his kneecap should be at the front). With any luck a trained doctor will arrive with one of the migrant waves we were told to expect, though considering we were sent to carve out a living in an area with flying corpses and salt water, I doubt our interests will be catered to any time soon.

6th of Malachite
The water we dug out of the aquifer looks a bit muddy. I hope Insane has a good immune system...

9th of Malachite
Insane is up and about again, to an extent. He needs a crutch, but at least his leg is recognisable as a leg again. He's declared that he still needs time off to recuperate, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 02:01:06 am »

I would like a dorf!
Preferably a male Brewer.
Name him Ęgir. If you have any bees, it would please him very much to make mead.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 02:33:09 am »

Why me!?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 08:14:37 am »

As near as I can tell, I designated the second level of a tree accidentally while getting the top layer of the fortress deforested, so you climbed it and cut down the tree you were standing in. On the bright side, I'm now the fortress' doctor, which never results in massive death tolls, ever.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2015, 10:32:48 am »

On the bright side, I'm now the fortress' doctor, which never results in massive death tolls, ever.
*shudders*

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

On the bright side, I'm now the fortress' doctor, which never results in massive death tolls, ever.
*shudders*

Aaaand I think we have a new quote for the series!

Pity I don't have a frontpage post to host all the quotes this time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:56 am »

I'll host them on the front page, I've got my first post set up now to host them.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »

I'll host them on the front page, I've got my first post set up now to host them.
[/quote

If you want to port over the old quotes list, go ahead. I mean, last list had both Steelhold and Demongate quotes on it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 01:41:09 pm »

If you want to port over the old quotes list, go ahead. I mean, last list had both Steelhold and Demongate quotes on it.
It is done.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2015, 02:30:21 pm »

Balor's Journal, 10th of Malachite.
After taking over the post of fortress doctor, I seem to have wound up in charge of a great deal of the bureaucracy of Crownhammers:

At the moment, no one else seems particularly interested in any of the positions, but doubtless I'll be accused of hoarding all the power to myself immediately after I get all our records in order and organise a decent workforce.

On the lighter side, we finally have enough bedrooms for our current population to sleep in. I can only assume that this is the cue for a record breaking number of immigrants to arrive and start complaining that our tables aren't made of gold.

22nd of Malachite
Another skeletal flock attacked us today, going for our yaks. The beasts managed to bring a few of them down, but one of them was driven into the waters where the wraiths tear it apart even now. We're going to have to get some walls up as soon as possible in case the cursed waters don't only resurrect birds.

29th of Malachite
Our first wave of migrants has arrived. Among their number are a miner, an engraver, a metalcrafter, a craftsdwarf, two glassmakers, a spinner and a lye maker. (If those on the waitlist have any preferences)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »

Can I claim the lye maker and one of the glassmakers for my party, if nobody wants them?

Speaking of which, Deus Asmoth, can you post genders and names for all of the dwarfs that came in that migrant waves, in case any of us what to interact with them?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2015, 04:46:09 pm »

Will do, I just wanted to see if any of the people waiting for a dwarf had a preference for the professions among them.

Also, none of the migrants have any relations besides their gods and one with a pet goat, so we may not be getting any migrants after year 1.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2015, 05:16:11 pm »

Will do, I just wanted to see if any of the people waiting for a dwarf had a preference for the professions among them.
Yeah that's why I'm trying to claim two dwarves I didn't think anyone else would want (a duplicate glassmaker and a lye maker).  Looking at the OP, you could probably dwarf Aegir as the spinner and make the spinner do brewing work, if Magnus doesn't respond.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34