Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66969 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:02 am »

Illevaihcam suppressed the urge to grin. "Your proposal is more than reasonable. The comfort of the residents of this fortress is, of course, one of our priorities. On behalf of the... interests I represent, I accept."
This was certainly unexpected. But it would advance the Endeavor considerably, so it wasn't something that could be passed over easily. A chance to rule the fortress so early in its development, even though the Corporatists would be forced shortly thereafter to relinquish power, was nothing to be spat on. Indeed, steps could be taken to ensure permanent popularity among the fortress citizenry.
Of course, the new order was far from certain, and the coming year not set in stone. But a chance to make the fortress comfortable, efficient and secure... oh, what a year it could be.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »

Amethyst's Journal

The smelters are up and running and there's plenty of stone for me to work with. As long as nobody goes outside, this place is pretty great. Hm... Maybe we could catch some of the local undead in cage traps to use against goblins...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2015, 03:55:37 pm »

Skeletal ravens kind of suck against things with weapons and armour from what I've seen. If they didn't, most of us would be dead.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2015, 04:17:04 pm »

Don't you remember that one guy who used about a hundred zombie ravens to defeat hell? Yes, he also had a necromancer to bring them back, but still.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:13 pm »

Zombies sound pretty deadly, I haven't come across them yet. Which is good because an early fort got killed by two giant moles. And one giant monkey killed like all my milita and most of my fort. Yeah...I'm still working on fortress defense.   :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »

Don't you remember that one guy who used about a hundred zombie ravens to defeat hell? Yes, he also had a necromancer to bring them back, but still.

That was in DF2012 though, not DF2014.
Although theoretically undead got buffed to hell in that update, so nevermind.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »

Balor's Journal, 8th of Opal
A tag team of a jabberer and a troll got past our cage traps in the caves, allowing the jabberer to wander the lower levels. It cornered Endok Ralukkubuk and took his head off with one blow before escaping back into the caves. Quartz was asleep at the time.

15th of Opal
A giant cave spider came five steps away from our cage traps. And then a troll killed it. The trolls are clearly allied against us to create as much irritation and bad will as possible. If only there was a verb to describe this behaviour.

I am very upset right now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2015, 06:54:30 pm »

Huh.  It managed to kill one of the like two dwarves that didn't have a faction affiliation.  Cool.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2015, 09:04:10 pm »

To clarify; if your faction looses a dwarf to FUN, they don't get a replacement, correct? So if this year continues to be... enjoyable, someone could get screwed vote wise.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2015, 06:17:26 am »

What happened to the tag team troll that got inside? Thanks!

EDIT: oh and what is the Legions manifesto, I might want to join.  :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:29:33 am by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2015, 06:23:33 am »

We do not forgive. We do not forget. Our reach is long and our knives are sharp. We are legion, and we are watching.- note found over the body of a former dwarven rebel turned informant.

The Legion has but one simple goal; ridding the Matched Silvers of their goblin oppressors. Initially an alliance of the few who survived the prison camps for rebels, their influence has grown over the years to the point of being one of the largest groups in the capital, though only a small number of them know anything beyond what the Legion has asked of them for the month.

Direct action is left to the groups that they supply weapons and armour to; the Legion itself operates in the realm of misdirection, sabotage and assassination. They are known to have killed nearly forty goblin nobles in the past twenty years and even more deaths are suspected to be related to them, which is exactly how they like it. Many dwarves look to the Legion as heroes and liberators. Others look to the future and worry that they're simply trading one group of ruthless oppressors for another.

The troll went into the cage trap so the jabberer could get inside.

Correct, by the way. Dead dwarves don't get replaced.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:19:36 am by Deus Asmoth »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:40 am »

Amethyst's journal

A dwarf died. Clearly more cage traps are the answer! We need at least three or four layers of cage traps to keep out the cavern critters so this doesn't happen. Imagine having that jabberer as a trained war jabberer instead of it killing a dwarf and escaping. I'll make more mechanisms right away!

((You should probably have me making mechanisms constantly, they are very useful, and the faster we have a legendary mechanic the better.))

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2015, 10:40:37 am »

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Dank memes brah

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2015, 11:13:29 am »

I'm fully intending to intentionally be the bad guy this time, instead of accidentally becoming the bad guy later on. Plus you have to have a memorable slogan if you're going to be a shadowy murder cult. It encourages people to imitate you so that you can have more kills attributed to you than are actually possible.

Now watch as I accidentally become the good guy due to the ridiculous amount of insanity that is undobtedly coming our way.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:44 am »

I plan to cover the entire map in cage traps. Amethyst is a mechanic who likes cages - what else would she do?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34