Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66824 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2015, 11:54:41 am »

Murder cult sounds pretty cool! I'd like to join the Legion if you'll have me.  :)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:30 pm »

I'm fully intending to intentionally be the bad guy this time, instead of accidentally becoming the bad guy later on. Plus you have to have a memorable slogan if you're going to be a shadowy murder cult. It encourages people to imitate you so that you can have more kills attributed to you than are actually possible.

Now watch as I accidentally become the good guy due to the ridiculous amount of insanity that is undobtedly coming our way.

I've noticed you have the opposite development I have. I keep trying to be a complete sociopath but somehow end up as the heroic-generalissimo-father-of-his-country ever time, where as you start off decent but then commit unspeakable atrocities.
Of course, the second character I make in any of these forts always ends up completely irrelevant and unloved, so I better try not to die.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2015, 12:23:26 pm »

Now watch as I accidentally become the good guy due to the ridiculous amount of insanity that is undobtedly coming our way.

I believe we can call this "pulling a Vladamir".
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2015, 01:18:04 pm »

I'm going for less insanity than last time, and less designated villainy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2015, 02:29:09 pm »

My characters have a tendency to start fairly mundane and, due to someone else writing my character for a while, go in a massively different direction than I had initially intended.

The Masked Dwarf:
Intention: Minor cult leader
Ended As: Immortal Demon-mage with centuries of combat experience and incredibly potent magical power.

Sir Brenzen:
Intention: Knight in shining armor
Ended As: Rugged badass who had no qualms with torture and other unsavory acts as long as the ends justified the means.

I wonder where this character will go...

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »

My characters have a tendency to start fairly mundane and, due to someone else writing my character for a while, go in a massively different direction than I had initially intended.

The Masked Dwarf:
Intention: Minor cult leader
Ended As: Immortal Demon-mage with centuries of combat experience and incredibly potent magical power.

Sir Brenzen:
Intention: Knight in shining armor
Ended As: Rugged badass who had no qualms with torture and other unsavory acts as long as the ends justified the means.

I wonder where this character will go...

In my defense, you were absent for a long-ass time.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »

Oh I absolutely was, I left on like page 43 of standard PPP and came back on like page 104 or something equally ridiculous.  I'm not complaining, I loved what you did with the character, I was just pointing out a character trend.

Also, my characters tend to be insanely devoted to some religious cause, at least in Steelhold and Demongate.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2015, 03:30:18 pm »

I believe we can call this "pulling a Vladamir".

RIP in peace Duke Vladimir Uristovitch, hero of Demongate.

Your efforts made us live slightly longer, and much more comfortably than would otherwise have been. In your memory, I shall produce many boots.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:15 pm »

Didn't even have the decency to produce an heir. Though I guess he'd've run away if he had. Tradition and all.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

Would the reverse be pulling a Shank, or was he already pretty unhinged?

The funeral was quick, almost businesslike. Something gave people the feeling that it was to be the first of many. Xan left it in a stupor, absent mindedly wandering back into the mines, not noticing that everyone else was headed to the upper levels. Nearly everyone else, anyway.
"Xan," someone said behind him. She whirled around, searching for the source of the voice.
"Who's there?" she said cautiously. "Who are you?"
"We are Legion," Balor smiled, striding out of the shadows. She didn't bother with looking behind her, leaning in or whispering. Those were for amateurs who didn't plan properly. She knew where everyone else was, and it was more impressive when you appeared supremely confident in any case.
"You!?" Xan exclaimed, confused. "But in the capital..."
Balor's smile sharpened. "You never wondered why I wasn't the first to die after the Legion declared itself? I've been supplying anyone I could to fight against the goblins for the past two decades. I saw you reading our posters and figured you seemed interested. Are you?"
"Of course," Xan said hurriedly, fighting against the respect for law and order that she had been taught since she was knee high. "But what would we be doing?"
The other dwarf shrugged, shifting her weight onto her other leg. "Whatever it takes to ensure the Matched Silver's freedom and maintain our secrecy until that time."
Xan nodded, trying not to think about what the woman in front of her might deem necessary in the future. "And when we're free? What then?"
Balor raised her eyebrows. She seemed slightly impressed. "You know, no one ever seems to ask that," she said. "To be honest, I expect the Legion will schism into a thousand pieces when we don't have the goblins as a unifying enemy. It's probably for the best."
Mistrust and fear put up a fight against Xan's dreams of freedom. They lost. "I'm in," she said.
"Good. Who are we?" Balor asked, her smile returning.
"We are Legion."

Balor's Journal, 10th of Obsidian
We've set up a glass furnace down in the magma chambers, though I doubt it'll be particularly efficient considering how far it is to the nearest source of sand. It's the best way to create a decent pipeline to pump magma up to more convenient levels, though.

22nd of Obsidian
We managed to catch a voracious cave crawler down in the caverns. Then I found out that no one has any idea how to train the damn things. Someone should get on that.

25th of Obsidian
The new year draws close, and with it I've decided to implement a plan other than waiting for a military coup so I can lose my position. Instead, I've decided to put yearly elections in place that will prevent any build ups of bad will between the governor and the governed. The results should be in soon.

Spoiler: Guilds: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: parties (click to show/hide)

The Corporatists have won the election! DFFD is throwing up a lot of server errors for me, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the file though. Also, I may have to nerf farmers.

Note: there's a folder of exported files in there as well for those who like using legends viewer to view legends. Uzol was only chosen as king when we embarked though, so it might be hard to find him.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »

Didn't even have the decency to produce an heir. Though I guess he'd've run away if he had. Tradition and all.

It's ok. He has many, many half-brothers and sisters to carry on the family legacy.

Also all hail your new corporatist overlords. Bet you and your egalitarion fellows feel silly now for backing me, 4mask. Farmers OP.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:00:03 pm by MDFification »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2015, 06:13:04 pm »

Actually, no they don't.  For both in and out of character reasons.  The out of character reasons being that I'm currently pretty swamped with work after being out sick for a week and there's no way in hell I could have taken my turn if I was given one.

Also, farmers are OP early on.  Many of the dwarves that will imigrate will be farmers and fishers and the like, so it all kinda evens out: the farmers produce a LOT of popularity, but it's spread pretty thin.  That being said, maybe we should change it to only count prepared meals and drinks: that way, simple farm produce wouldn't count.  Of course, that would encourage a certain amount of metagame sabatoge in regards to not processing food if you don't want a farming guild to take power... hmm...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2015, 06:15:56 pm »

Maybe if we split it into a butchers' and fieldworkers' guild it won't be as powerful.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »

Well, from what I can see having unprepared meals be worth less would certainly do a lot to reduce their voting power. Another option is to have thresholds where each unit of food is worth progressively less, which does make sense. The countries with the most food tend to value it the least after all.

In other news, it turns out my housemate was downloading three films at once, so here's the save. There's a folder marked legends with some exported files since I know some of you like history.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »

Well, from what I can see having unprepared meals be worth less would certainly do a lot to reduce their voting power. Another option is to have thresholds where each unit of food is worth progressively less, which does make sense. The countries with the most food tend to value it the least after all.

In other news, it turns out my housemate was downloading three films at once, so here's the save. There's a folder marked legends with some exported files since I know some of you like history.

I shall commence playing the next time I am not heavily impaired.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34