Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66944 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2015, 04:14:52 am »

Deus Asmoth: so good at committing acts of horror that his very fortress design offends the eyes.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2015, 04:26:19 am »

Yeah, I ain't taking this turn. Sorry, just not feeling it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2015, 04:43:46 am »

Well, the Fellowship came second if Mask wants the turn.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2015, 08:35:53 am »

Aww, well it's not your fault. A lot of my fortresses I just don't feel like contenuing either. Mostly because giant animals locked inside the fortress proper doesn't end well for anyone. :)  I liked your idea of taking suggestions in an election based fortress.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2015, 09:45:55 am »

Yeah, I'll take it.  I'll just need to, you know, get home first.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2015, 02:42:58 pm »

Does anyone other than Insane have any requests?

Oh, and Insane, you probably aren't getting all of that.  Nothing against you as a person, my guild and yours just have such different philosophies I'm going to have to work to justify accomadating even part of your request.  I'll probably build you one large, well-furnished barracks and attached archery range in an effort to "keep the militia contented", but while I play this guild and am in power I'm going to oppose you getting that many resources poured into the military, because beyond the necessities of protecting ourselves from the undead my guild doesn't want the military to exist.

That being said, if my dwarf dies in a furture turn I'm probably creating a combat oriented guild, so you'll have my support then.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2015, 02:48:01 pm »

I guess that pumping some magma to a more convenient level or moving the main living areas further underground before the fortress gets too big for that to be convenient would be a good idea. It's a bit too spread out to be very efficient at the moment.

Also, we have a stupid amount of cave creatures captured. I'd request that one of the next wave of migrants gets forced to learn to train them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

I was more referring to any guild-specific/guild-centric requests, but I'll take your advice into consideration.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2015, 02:50:32 pm »

I have a request. A very simple one.
A 7x7 room with an unengraved slab at the back in a 1x1 pocket dug out so that the overall room is 7x7.
If possible, have two stone statues in the back corners as well. I'd also prefer it to be in the stone layer.
The room will be... important... to the Union of Souls in the future.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2015, 03:03:00 pm »

Good news, everyone! I just got through with checking, and we will in fact be getting migrants. They seemed to be world genned, though. None of them had any relatives that didn't arrive at the fortress with them (and one family had a father with two children, but no mother listed in the relations screen).

The Legion requests a traction bench for the hospital. And maybe some soap.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2015, 04:44:00 pm »

Sorry that this took me a while. Finally getting caught up with this thread.
Spoiler: Quartz's Journal (click to show/hide)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

Alright downloading save now to take a look at it, I'll give my first impressions here:

Holy Jesus that is a lot of logs.

That is... a lot of caged animals.  Including a voracious cave crawler.  Interesting.

Ah, that's where the forges are.  Conveniently placed jabberer is convenient.

Why does the roof look so weird... oh I see you cheated a bit on the construction.

Those farms are too damn small, I'm expanding them.  Also increasing our production of everything farming related.

I'm butchering the elk birds for food and materials, we've got to have a skilled bonecarver somewhere.

Alright I'll get back to you all later, food to eat.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2015, 02:30:27 pm »

The gathering of dwarves waited as Balor tallied the votes, their breaths held as their future for the next year was decided.  At last, Balor tallied the final vote, and after a moment she declared "Illevaihcam, you and your associates have received the most votes in the fortress.  As such, you may now choose to take charge for the upcoming year, until the next election."

Illevaihcam seemed to ponder this for a moment, but as he thought the look on his face became darker and less pleased.  Finally, he spoke "On behalf of myself and my associates, I must decline this generous opportunity offered to me by the people of Crownhammers".

Discontented mumbling broke out among the dwarves present before Balor called out, "quiet, quiet, we must maintain order."  Silence fell once more upon the room as Balor cleared her throat, looking down the list.  "Very well, Illevaihcam, your decision has been made.  The next ones to receive this opportunity is the Fellowship of Equals."

Alast Jorgenson exchanged a surprised look with her fellow members, then finally said, "On behalf of my sisters in the Fellowship, I accept this honor.  We shall take upon ourselves the burden of overseeing the fortress."

"On behalf of the Might of Killing, I would like to request the creation of four barracks, each fully stocked with the furniture needed for a full squad.  Additionally, we would like to request that one of the barracks to have a full archery range for training of the ranged squads."

Alast nodded slowly as she wrote the request, mentally noting the ridiculousness of the request, "Your request has been noted and will be taken into consideration."

The next in line was Hef, and he came up with a small slab.  On the slab was written his request, and as Alast looked at it her eyes narrowed slightly.  There was more to the Union of Souls than met the eye.  However, there was no reason to refuse this request, so she put on a smile and said, "Your request will be taken into consideration."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:06 pm »

Amethyst's Journal

The overseership passed to the Fellowship of Equals. Life hasn't changed much yet, but it might.

((Amethyst requests the training of the captured non-grazers. Do we have an animal trainer?))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:53 pm »

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 1 Granite 201
So much stuff to get done, so little time.  A barracks to dig, a cult chamber to dig(at least that's what I think it is), and a guild hall to dig for my fellows.  I've ordered the elk birds we have captured to be butchered, and pray to Armok that we get a skilled animal trainer in the future to train the many animals we have in the fortress.  We need more dwarves in general, there's a lot of work to be done and not enough dwarves to do it.  Particularly hauling jobs.  There is just a lot of things to be done.  This job is already stressful, and I've barely started it.  I've put in a lot of requests for things to get done, but naturally the bureaucracy here means that Illevaihcam has to approve everything first, and he's busy in the mason's workshop.  Urk.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 2 Granite 201
What the hell?  Today someone found Komodo lying dead on the staircase.  Apparently his injuries caught up with him, and he perished.

Writer's Note: He was listed as pale when I took over the fortress, then died the next day.  Dafuq?

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 14 Granite 201
I am sad to report that Aegir, to, has succumbed to his injuries.  The cause of death is unknown.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 18 Granite 201
Atir Dumatnir has come under attack from undead raven corpses, I am deploying the might of killing to deal with the situation.  Wouldn't mind if some of them got offed in the process either.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:02:33 pm by 4maskwolf »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34