Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66761 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

Think a Vampire was siphoning blood?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »

More likely to be infection. I checked the migrants for anything suspicious, plus our water is filthy and we didn't have soap.

Balor's Journal, 14th of Granite 201
My attempts to get a hold of Aegir's corpse to determine her cause of death have been met with stiff opposition. Apparently, it's sacrilege or something to try find a way to save lives by learning from the dead. As such, I'm forced to blame her death and Komodo's on the filthy conditions of the makeshift hospital I treated them in. Though I will do everything I can to prevent deaths like these in the future, I lay their deaths at the feet of our king. It has been blind luck that has allowed us to survive this long, and Uzol will pay for both the crimes he has done to us and those he has watched happen without raising a finger to prevent the injustices done to us by our invaders.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2015, 07:54:05 pm »

((DFhack's deathcause says infection))

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2015, 07:02:59 pm »

It's odd, because I'm near certain there used to be an infection tag in the health menu, and the only health problems Komodo and Aegir were showing was being pale since their injuries, which I figured was just them taking a while to heal. Oh well. -40 for the doctor's guild.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 19 Granite 201
While waiting for the report from the military dwarves, I heard a massive commotion coming from the crypt.  When I got down there, I found several dwarves blocking Balor and, after sorting out the situation, found that Balor was attempting to learn the cause of death of our friends.  I have given her limited permission to investigate their corpses to see if this kind of death can be prevented in the future.  Additionally, at her request, I will try to create some soap for use in the hospital, as well as stocking the hospital with useful goods.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 20 Granite 201
Atir made it to safety without the need of the military, so I reassigned them to deal with a voracious cave crawler that tried to get into the fortress.  They were successful, the problem is now dealt with.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 23 Granite 201
A sad day, Momuz of the Corporatists was torn apart by a zombie raven and Atir is once again stranded outside of the fortress by the ravens.  I dare not send the military out to fight the beasts without proper arms and armor, however, so he may fall.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 1 Slate 201
I have designated a small wood stockpile inside the fortress walls, in case we ever need to close the bridge again.  Preferably it would be filled quickly, but it will likely take some time given the lack of workers right now.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 17 Slate 201
Ah, excellent.  An exploratory tunnel dug by one of our miners hit underground sand, as I hope, meaning that we will no longer have to risk the outdoors for precious raw materials.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2015, 08:06:37 pm »

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 23 Slate 201
Some migrants have arrived.  I will be overseeing their entry into the fortress.  Hopefully they get here in time, the military is not yet fully equipped.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2015, 09:27:37 pm »

List of migrants:
Reg Fikodstibmer, Craftsdwarf (Male)
Momuz Gatizrigoth, Lye Maker (Female)
Rith Olinardes, Tanner/Speardwarf (Female)
Zulban Cilobrash, Gem Cutter/Axedwarf (Female)
Tobul Stakudsakzul, Engraver (Female)
Alath Likotekir, Peasant (Female)
Lorbam Titthalatir, Bone Doctor (Female)
Ral Zuntirilid, Fish Cleaner (Female)
Ustuth Dodokam, Armorer (Male, member of the Fellowship of Equals)
Dastot Mengthosbut, Wax Worker (Female)
Dumat Kilrudmubun, Leatherworker (Male)
Urist Igamurdim, Animal Caretaker (Male)
Kogan Godenabsam, Brewer (Female)
Inod Ableletes, Miner (Female)
Zas Lorbamrimtar, Peasant/Speardwarf (Female)
Vucar Ralgutid, Stoneworker (Female)
Momuz Dorendim, Herbalist (Female)
Udib Sazirmostib, Peasant (Female)
Domas Gusiliden, Potter (Male)
Led Akamathel, Metalcrafter (Female)
Melbil Logemasiz, Gem Setter (Female)

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 1 Felsite 201
Momuz, one of the new migrants, was possessed by a mysterious force today.  Also, Quartz took out one of the zombie ravens who was harassing our haulers.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 5 Felsite 201
This is a sad day.  Quartz had not reported back in for the last two days, after saying he was going to take out the last raven that was flying around.  Today his body was found by his squadmate, who quickly avenged himself upon the raven.  Damn them.  Damn them to hell.  He didn’t deserve to die like that, to such an unnatural abomination.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 12 Felsite 201
Momuz came out of his daze today with a masterful bone coffin, although the choice of object is rather... macabre.  Regardless, he was informed that due to his axe training, he now leads Quartz’s old squad.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 7 Hematite 201
What the hell how did that happen?  Apparently a trio of blind cave ogres snuck past our traps and trashed the forge area before being put down by our soldiers.  Domas of the speardwarf squad was injured, but hopefully Balor and the other doctors can get him healthy again.

I swear I'm not killing your dwarves intentionally, but after he took down the one raven I got cocky about Quartz's battle abilities.  His squad members avenged him, but he will be missed.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2015, 09:43:19 pm »

Sad.
I claim Reg Fikodstibmer, Tobul Stakudsakzul, and Inod Ableletes.
Wait, if we can have five, which I think we can...
Kogan Godenabsam and Led Akamathel as well if so. But the first three certainly.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2015, 09:45:12 pm »

Sad.
I claim Reg Fikodstibmer, Tobul Stakudsakzul, and Inod Ableletes.
Wait, if we can have five, which I think we can...
Kogan Godenabsam and Led Akamathel as well if so. But the first three certainly.
You can claim dwarves up to four or five dwarves in your guild, I'm not sure whether the first year counted towards the one-dwarf-added-per-year thing.

I think we should probably just got with 1 dwarf per year, so if you miss a year too bad, except for you, since you weren't able to get your base three to begin with.  So at the end of this year every guild should have four, except for the guilds that lost members.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:33 pm »

If it's only one, period, then the miner for sure.
Otherwise, lotsa dwarves all about.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2015, 09:48:26 pm »

If it's only one, period, then the miner for sure.
Otherwise, lotsa dwarves all about.
You can have two this year since you only had two dwarves at the end of last year through there simply not being enough dwarves.  I don't think the Legion gets one this year, since techincally they already have four.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »

I have been watching this thread and I have decided to get involved. I think I have my character thought out but before I decide. Raken are you still active with your party?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2015, 11:17:09 pm »

I have been watching this thread and I have decided to get involved. I think I have my character thought out but before I decide. Raken are you still active with your party?

Aye, just haven't been up to a whole lot of writing. Though I guess the Whalers will make themselves publicly known soon enough.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2015, 12:05:26 am »

Ok good you may have a another player member soon.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2015, 02:49:14 am »

Could I please have Zas Lorbamrimtar and Zulban Cilobrash and Rith Olinardes' stats please. I like to make informed decisions. I want their strength, agility, etc and what skills they already have.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34