Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66705 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2015, 08:05:24 pm »

Could I please have Zas Lorbamrimtar and Zulban Cilobrash and Rith Olinardes' stats please. I like to make informed decisions. I want their strength, agility, etc and what skills they already have.
Zas got claimed, but here are the other two:

Zulban Cilobrash:
slow to tire, agile, susceptible to disease.  Skilled axedwarf, skilled shield user, skilled armor user, skilled discipline, skilled observer, skilled fighter, skilled dodger, talented gem cutter, misc social skills.

Rith Olinardes:
agile, tough, strong.  Talented speardwarf, talented shield user, expert armor user, expert discipline, expert observer, expert fighter, skilled biter, expert dodger, accomplished tanner, misc. social skills.

You have been dorfed, jrrocks1.  I'll have to wait a while to give you your full status screen, though.

Inod and tobul are yours, Fallen.  And just by the way, Tobul has become a legendary engraver in his time here, so expect a lot of good things from him.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:08:47 pm by 4maskwolf »

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »

Goshdernit. Can't pick a dwarf to claim. I'll just grab Reg Fikodstibmer, I suppose.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2015, 08:46:09 pm »

Ok thanks mask i hope he's a good speardwarf.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

Ok thanks mask i hope he's a good speardwarf.
Eh, he's adequate.  I should actually allow fishing on him now that he's got a full suit of armor and can defend himself, but I'm afraid of what happened to quartz happening to him, since quartz was fairly well decked out and more skilled.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:18 pm »

You do what you think best just try not to kill him. "Wait what am i doing I'm asking mask not to kill someone thats impossible".
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »

Also is there anyway to train her a bit or is a barracks not set up yet?
A Dwarven Viking

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2015, 12:42:57 am »

They found him by the shore again. Neither Atir nor Bembul could figure out how or when he had left the safety of Crownhammers's walls, but there he was all the same. He stood at the end of the sand. Icy water lapped at his feet on its way back to join the ocean. He stared across the waters toward the horizon, motionless. From a distance, one could mistake the Admiral for a forlorn haunt of an age gone by.

When they were within talking distance, Atir called to him. "Admiral?"

No response. Bembul tried his hand at communication. "Cap'n?"

That seemed to jog him. Taran turned his head slowly. His dark-rimmed eyes looked glazed over like a gypsum addict's, and his whalebone amulet hung lopsided over his tunic. He looked even more like a ghost from close up.

"Aye? What d'ye want, lad?"

"We could nae find ye anywhere, ser," Bembul replied. "Ain't none seen ye around much since th' election."

"Course not," Taran replied. "I've been 'ere, thinkin'."

"Aboot what, ser?"

"The ol' days, Bembul. I'll say no more o' that."

Bembul nodded. The Captain - well, Admiral now - would never speak of their common past while others were around. Much as Bembul would like to reminisce about golden beaches and blue skies and endless voyages across the horizon, those days were gone. Their home wasn't a ship anymore, but Crownhammers, a fortress in a haunted land. A fortress for exiles. How fitting.

An icy wind rolled in from the east. It tugged at Taran's old clothes and long, ratty hair, setting them to dance. For a moment, he looked exactly as he did all those decades ago, standing at the helm of a ship a thousand miles from the nearest scrap of land, following the whalesong through the waters. It was enough to move the old sailor that still lived in Bembul, somewhere deep down.

"'Ave ye ever thought o' what's out there, lass?" Taran said to Atir. "Across th' water, ye ken."

Atir considered this for a moment. "Well, I didn't think much of it before I arrived here, Admiral." She hesitated for a moment. "But now that I've met you, I find myself thinking about it constantly. Are there other lands? Different kinds of fish? I've heard that there's places in the world where the ground is made of ice. Is that true?"

Taran gave an absent-minded nod. Then Atir piped up again.

"Admiral, how far have you gone? By ship, I mean."

Taran stared into the ocean for a heavy, silent moment. Then, with his back to Atir and Bembul, he spoke. His voice reached them as a whisper in the wind.

"Far eastwards o' here," he said, "once ye've sailed so far that ye can head in any direction fer an entire moon and see nay a hint of dry land. Once ye sail tha' far, ye come across a curious tide."

He held his tongue for a few seconds. Only the lapping of the waves in the low tide filled the void left by his voice.

"It flows westward, 'gainst most o' the other tides afore it. It's strong enough ta turn back a whalin' ship - or tear it asunder. Once ye get tha' far, vicious winds will tug and hurl yer ship every whichway - yet ever westward. Back from whence ye came, and ne'er toward the risin' sun."

"We called it the Lady's Tide," he said. "T'is how the Lady o' Shores keeps sailors away from th' greatest dangers o' the sea - n' how she keeps sailors' wives from becomin' widows. That's as far as I've ever gone."

"Has anyone ever sailed beyond the Lady's Tide?" Atir asked.

"Only the Ol' Dwarf hisself, lass. Though what he found there or what he did, nobody kens. Some say that's why he cannae die. Others say he died there and returned aboard a ship crewed by ghosts."

The wind picked up, drowning the Admiral's words. The three dwarves stood still upon the sand, eyes cast eastward. The blood tides had vanished for a few months, but it would be back. And with it, the undead birds. Not like that ever bothered Taran or Bembul. Atir sometimes felt that she would never understand these two dwarves she now called her leaders. Not without sailing to the ends of the world.

Taran clasped his amulet. Bembul held a hand up to his chest - his own amulet had sunk beneath the waves many moons ago. Atir did the same, though she had never so much as touched whalebone before. As far as she knew, they were praying to the gods of sea and sail. She understood little of these gods, and had no idea how to pray to them. She just wanted to sail the ocean.

Hours later, the three Whalers sat in the dining hall, a small crowd formed around them. Taran was telling his tales again, mug in hand, holding the rapt attention of a dozen dwarves or more. There was a strange power in the weathered dwarf's voice, a compulsion to listen, to hang on to his every word. The gift of a storyteller.

Those that became enchanted by his stories would think about them for days. With any luck, that interest would turn into curiosity. And thus the Whalers' ranks would swell.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2015, 01:21:28 am »

Can i claim Rith Olinardes for Might Of Killing
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2015, 10:10:57 am »

Can i claim Rith Olinardes for Might Of Killing
Hehehe I figured you'd choose him.  He's pretty badass.

I'll update him to your guild when I get home.

Rhaken, are you accepting Perseus into your guild?  I have him listed as a Whaler at the moment, but I can go back and change that.

You do what you think best just try not to kill him. "Wait what am i doing I'm asking mask not to kill someone thats impossible".
Hehehe I am becoming the new Gnorm.

Also is there anyway to train her a bit or is a barracks not set up yet?
The barracks is set up, it's a matter of I don't have enough hands right now to do everything what with the traders having just been traded with, but the two melee squads will be assigned soon enough.  Along with Insane as an archer, in all likelihood.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:13:01 am by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2015, 10:12:25 am »

[Edited out due to stupid, stuff tacked onto last post]

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:55 am »

Oh wait, don't forget Bob's dorf request. Did we get any children?

You could also train one of the peasants in mechanics for Elagn.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:13:12 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »

Oh wait, don't forget Bob's dorf request. Did we get any children?

You could also train one of the peasants in mechanics for Elagn.
no, no children yet.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2015, 02:12:06 pm »

Perseus is accepted. Welcome to the Whalers, mate.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

Yay its cool to be "aboard" get it no, no........ ok
A Dwarven Viking
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34