Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66828 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2015, 05:29:14 pm »

Heyo everyone, I'm not going to get an update tonight, I've got stuff to do.  Just thought I should let you know.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2015, 07:54:27 pm »

O.K, its cool.   ;)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2015, 03:16:43 pm »

Hate to sound pushy but what happened to the update?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2015, 05:43:36 pm »

Hate to sound pushy but what happened to the update?
I never said there was going to be an update at a specific time.  I'll try to get you all something tonight.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2015, 07:36:38 pm »

Oh sorry i just realized i misread the post where you said there will be no update
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2015, 05:08:15 am »

MOK is anti elf first and foremost, then goblins, kobolds. next recruitment we're allowed can we get a dedicated animal trainer and cage trap setter, and our request would be for strong trap lines for capturing animals to train for MOK's objectives.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:21 am »

quick update on the fortress.

We have way too much wealth worth of items right now, mostly in those silly silver corkscrews.  I just basically bought out the whole caravan for about 10-12 of them.  We just got a migrant wave, I got off last night in the middle of processing them, so that's why you didn't get an update.  Sorry about that.  In the meantime, though, we have struck adamantine and two of our miners (Xan and the one from the corporatists) are currently processing the raw adamantine into thread, and I've turned autoloom off so that the weavers don't mess with it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2015, 09:20:12 am »

I believe we have officially dug too deeply and greedily. Do we have traps and such ready for any ambush parties, or are those corkscrews purely ornamental?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2015, 09:22:16 am »

I believe we have officially dug too deeply and greedily. Do we have traps and such ready for any ambush parties, or are those corkscrews purely ornamental?
I have five fully-equiped military dwarves ready for action at a moments notice training in the barracks, along with the existing cage traps.  I'll likely restart the glassworks with the underground sand source so that we can get more glass disks to use in weapon traps.  But yes, currently those corkscrews are ornamental because they'd suck as acutal weapons in traps.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2015, 11:35:53 am »

Hmm. Any plans for all our bronze? It's kind of obsolete if we have adamantine for sharps and armour, and silver for blunts.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2015, 12:50:12 pm »

Hmm. Any plans for all our bronze? It's kind of obsolete if we have adamantine for sharps and armour, and silver for blunts.
I have full bismuth bronze armor on all of our five military dwarves, and I'm not doing much with our semi-adequate current stores.  Given how much adamantine it requires to actually make armor and weapons for dwarves, I'll probably produce some more bismuth bronze armor.  What I'm really worried about is the excess of copper we will have after all of that is done.

Speaking of the adamantine, technically second-cavern flyers can get in through the adamantine mines (which open to the cavern but aren't connected to the ground level), but that's why I sent our miners down there (that and the fact that the legendary miners are being lazy bums most of the time and I need to get them doing something, no slacking off in this fortress).

As a whole, though, we'd probably be better off using excess copper to create trap components for actual weapon traps than the silver trap components we have now, which are good wall decorations and trade goods.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2015, 01:35:28 pm »

Isn't bronze a pretty good at our material? I just use iron.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2015, 03:07:21 pm »

Bronze and iron are roughly equal, yeah. Both are outclassed by steel and adamantine though.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2015, 05:46:59 pm »

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 26 Galena 201
Today I have come to the decision that we should dig deeper into the ground to explore more territory.  While there are some who fear that would be digging too deep, I believe that more space can never be a bad thing when it comes to a fortress.  Additionally, it will give us more room to support all of those who come here, be they dwarf, elf, human, or goblin, as long as they do not come with hostile intent.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 28 Galena 201
Digging deeper, we have found adamantine!  Praise the miners indeed!

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 12 Limestone 201
Well, both extraction workshops are now up and running!  In other news, the caravan arrived today, but curiously no outpost liaison showed up.  Huh.  Ah well, we’ve got more important things to worry about.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 17 Limestone 201
Trading finished today: we bought out everything useful the caravan had for about 50000 worth of miscellaneous goods, mainly those silver corkscrews.  We didn’t have to offer them that much, but hopefully it will mean they come back with more next time.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 9 Sandstone 201
Today one of our bone carvers started acting strangely, almost possessed.  I do hope she’s okay.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 13 Sandstone 201
More migrants.  While I welcome them to the fortress, they will have to stay in the community quarters of the Fellowship guild hall until I can get them better housing.

Tholtig Fikodvetek, Potter (Male)
Goden Tosiduzol, Cheesemaker (Female)
Urvad Esmuladil, Gem Setter (Female)
Lorbam Rinulsazir, Tanner (Male)
Messthos Idashrisen, Planter (Male)
Erel Ustuthalath, Fish Cleaner (Female)
Thob Lilarber, Gelder (Female)
Fikod Eralzat, Dyer (Male)

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 19 Sandstone 201
Today Ast finally left the craftsdwarf’s workshop, dazedly carrying a yak bone crown.  While it is impressive, it is of little use to us in this fortress at the moment.  It’s good that she managed to complete her work, though.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 2 Timber 201
Insane was interrupted today by a bird corpse while trying to haul wood inside the fortress.  Fortunately, he is fully prepared to fight the creature with his military gear, but given his light armor I have ordered The North Papers to come to his aid in case it is necessary.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 3 Timber 201
Well Armok damn us all, we kill one undead bird and a crapton more fly in.  The full military has been mobilized to deal with this threat, and all civilians have been ordered to temporarily stay indoors.

Well, the aftermath writeup may come sometime this afternoon, but it's nothing good.
Spoiler: Really a spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:03:37 am by 4maskwolf »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

The Legion calls upon Citizen Goden Tosiduzol to serve the Mountainhomes and bring freedom to her people.

We certainly seem to be racking up a lot of casualties. Who would've thought flying zombies were a threat to the people they were trying to kill?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34