Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66048 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14:34 pm »

We certainly seem to be racking up a lot of casualties. Who would've thought flying zombies were a threat to the people they were trying to kill?
Ayep.  We've lost two military dwarves to them as of the aftermath and had two more gravely injured.

Oh, and just FYI, Balor was pretty savegely mauled before she could get back inside the fortress, so... yeah.

And while i wasn't paying attention, Bearskie was elected mayor.  And Elagn was dwarfed our sole dwarf with the mechanic profession name.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

Hum. Well, as long as we have another doctor. And soap.

... we still don't have soap, right? Oh well. At least the Legion can evolve into a severely fractured group of racist zealots now.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:43 am »

Alast Jorgenson clenched her fists tightly together, gazing out at the carnage of the battlefield.  Insane: dead.  Balor and two military dwarves: badly injured.  While she saw little need for the Might of Killing, it still pained her that their lives had gone to waste.  And for what?  A few pieces of wood, hauled inside?  To prove a point?  They were undead: they didn't care how many were killed, more would simply follow.  She had discussed the plan with the Fellowship, and as much as it disgusted her she knew it was a necessary measure.  The Guidelines allowed for the Fellowship to take up arms under clear and present danger to their lives, and this most certainly qualified.

"Thank you for coming here today, you three.  Please, take a seat."

The three dwarves looked nervously at each other for a moment before sitting down around the tables that made up the Fellowship Guildhall.  Across from them were the four known members of the Fellowship of Equals, the ruling party, and the newly appointed captain of the guard.  In their heads they were convinced that they were being convicted of a crime they did not perform, but none dared say so out loud for fear of it sounding like a confession.  When they had all been seated, 'Nobeard' spoke again, "I must extend my apologies for the short notice, but the fortress has found itself in a somewhat sticky predicament as of late, and quick response time is needed."  The three dwarves exchanged confused glances: what was going on?  'Nobeard' continued, "Due to the recent losses to the military, we have seen the need to create a strong fortress guard to protect us from external threats, specifically that presented by the undead that fly in from the ocean.  I would like to invite you three to become the next three members of our elite guard."

The three dwarves stared at each other, dumbstruck.  This was a great honor, but they had seen what happened to those who fought against the undead.  Those beasts were wickedly strong.

"It will be dangerous, yes.  You may end up giving your lives to defeat the foul beasts.  But I will do everything in my power to ensure that does not happen.  We are already forging uniforms for all of you, and when possible we will provide you with high quality adamantine equipment to defend you against the undead.  The fortress guard has also been given first pick of equipment, so you will never lack for the best armor and weapons we can offer.  Most importantly, you will have a chance to defend your fellow dwarves against the monstrosities that come to destroy them."

Alast let that sink in for a moment, then asked, "are you in, or are you out?"

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2015, 12:05:43 pm »

Were the two other dwarves lost in a party?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »

Were the two other dwarves lost in a party?
?

Oh, you were too slow to reach the battlefield in time and the last axedwarf just mopped the floor of the remaining ravens.  Everyone's back on their feet again, and the aforementioned axedwarf is an absolute badass, having taken out another group of ravens single-handedly by going into a martial trance and just taking them apart.  Having an adamantine battle axe for the second battle probably helped.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »

I did not mean if i did anything I'm asking if any of the lost dwarves were claimed for a party.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 19 Timber 201
Everyone is back up and operational again after some work by one of our engravers to patch them up.  Most of their wounds healed fairly quickly, and we dealt with the wounds that didn’t.  The Adamant Guard has been formed as well, to serve as our fortress guard, and the Eral Ustuthalath, a sympathizer of our guild, has been put in charge.  Their barracks has been carved out and is currently being smoothed, but is otherwise ready for use once Ustuth and Alath finish their armor and weapons, respectively.  Additionally, the glassworks have been restarted to produce large serrated disks for use in weapon traps, to shred any undead that dare get too close.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 8 Moonstone 201
Yet another corpse bird is flying overhead, but it doesn’t seem to have noticed us yet.  While it is only one bird, I remember well how one bird was enough to tear Quartz to pieces, and I dare not take the risk.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 16 Moonstone 201
Well, yet another civilian has been killed because the military didn’t respond quickly enough.  Kogan the brewer was struck down by another corpse shortly after we disposed of the first one.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 24 Moonstone 201
After the last bird was killed, an entire flock of them appeared on the horizon.  I deployed our two primary military squads to deal with them, but apparently nobody but Zulban had a chance to even touch them.  According to reports, he fought like a demon, slashing and hacking his way through the flock while ignoring the pecks he was receiving from them in return.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 20 Obsidian 201
Another flock of birds appeared a day or two ago, so Rith Olinardes and Momuz Dorenedim went out and wiped them out.  The others were apparently sleeping when the call went out, but it didn’t matter anyway, since they handled them with ease.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 25 Obsidian 201
Yet another flock of birds, this time taken out by Rith Olinardes and Zulban Cilobrash.  Zulban actually passed out part way through the battle, but the bird kept trying to break through his helmet and failing.  Our time in charge is rapidly coming to a close as election day approaches.

Overseer journal of Alast Jorgenson, 1 Granite 202
Spring has arrived, and with it, election season.

Spoiler: Election results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: factions (click to show/hide)

And so it has been determined, the Whalers are up next.  Choose amongst yourselves who leads, I need to get this save uploaded at some point.

I did not mean if i did anything I'm asking if any of the lost dwarves were claimed for a party.
Yeah the Corporatists lost Momuz, the carpenter, the leatherworker wasn't factioned yet.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:44:49 pm by 4maskwolf »

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »

Rhaken is taking over if he wants it he is the party leader.
A Dwarven Viking

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

Oh, and just FYI, at the start of the next year I claim the Captain of the Guard.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2015, 05:37:22 pm »

Patch 1.2: Craftsdwarves now only gain points based on that year's production values to prevent making every other profession obsolete, so take a note of the imported wealth and offerings values at the start of your year.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2015, 05:48:42 pm »

Patch 1.2: Craftsdwarves now only gain points based on that year's production values to prevent making every other profession obsolete, so take a note of the imported wealth and offerings values at the start of your year.
I did.  That's how much I traded.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2015, 06:32:49 pm »

That's either a lot of trading or I was far too generous with how many points they get, then.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »

That's either a lot of trading or I was far too generous with how many points they get, then.
Both.  I bought out two whole caravans, but I can see people doing that in the future too, just to remove the need to produce certain items in-fort.  A lot of that was steel armor and weapons from the dwarven caravan, along with (I think) three still-unused silver warhammers.

Aren't metalcrafters craftsdwarves? It's in their title.
He's a furnace operator now, so no points because they aren't guilded (at least that's what I'm reading.  You couldn't have won against the Whalers anyway).

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

Not guilding certain occupations that actually do something feels... wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34