Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66700 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2015, 06:44:14 pm »

Not guilding certain occupations that actually do something feels... wrong.
Yeah, I know.  All animal professions except hunters are in the same boat, along with engravers, of which we have two legendaries.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

I want to found a party. The Artisans' Guild. Engravers, maybe some other professions.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

You still can't have a guild as your party.

Engravers... hmm. I guess they slipped my mind. I'm open to suggestion about what to do with them. They can't really be included in the Artist's Guild because they don't have much to do with trade. I guess they could be added into the Carpenter's Guild because of how they improve bedrooms and such, or else remove the bonus for good bedrooms from that guild and give the engravers their own guild with a bonus for each bedroom that's great or better, a bonus for the worth of the dining room and a larger bonus for the worth of any noble's rooms.

Animal caretakers should be in with the farmers, I believe. Perhaps I should add a plus for every well trained animal or something.

Furnace operating isn't really skilled labour, so they don't get to make a guild.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

Huzwha. I did not expect this. Expect an introductory post tomorrow.

As for Demongate. I got hit with a train of crap this week. Again, if all goes well, you'll have something by monday. I will not make promises however.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2015, 11:43:08 pm »

A group of dwarves huddled in a corner of the election hall as the representative tallied the results, their eyes fixed on the ballots. One of them stood silent, vacant eyes gazing in the general direction of the election but seeing nothing. The background noise was thick and ceaseless as the assembled dwarves chattered away, yet this group was strangely silent.

Perseus glanced at their leader, the dwarf she now called Admiral. His breathing was shallow, his pupils dilated. It was as if his mind was elsewhere, probably thousands of miles away, aboard a ship on the high seas. She couldn't fathom why the Admiral did this so often. She understood even less how he seemed so well informed most of the time, or how he managed to escape to the outside shoreline so often when the outer gates were shut.

Bembul prodded her with an elbow. "Quit yer gawpin', lass," he whispered, and Perseus went back to staring at the ballot.

Atir's eyes darted to and fro, scanning the entirety of the meeting hall. Her head remained stationary. This was much harder than she had anticipated. Bembul had been instructing her on this and other matters of subterfuge for months now, and while the lessons were quite welcome, she could not glean their purpose.

She saw the Corporatists near the front of the hall, paying rapt attention. The Might of Killing hovered near the center, positioned to keep eyes on all entrances. The Fellowship of Equals took up a handful of tables by the ballots. All around, dwarves were arranged and seated according to their affiliations. The many with no strong political inclinations sat with friends and family. Except for that one dwarf...

He stood in the shadows by the far wall, arms folded across his chest. He was garbed in just about the same clothing as everybody else here, with shirt and vest and trousers. She couldn't make out his face. He seemed oddly alone in this gathering of the entire fortress population. Had she seen him before?

A call from the representative snapped her out of her musings. All around, the chatter died away as the anticipation climbed. The results were read aloud, and only those completely unfamiliar with numbers could doubt the results.

The Whalers had won the election.

All eyes in the room turned to their little group, waiting for something. In an instant, the Admiral seemed to snap out of his reverie as some manner of presence returned to his face. He eyed the stage, flashed a winning smile. Then walked briskly toward the exit, the rest of the Whalers right behind him.

Alarmed and confused conversation exploded all around the room. The residents of Crownhammers had expected some manner of speech from the dwarf who would be in charge of the place for next year. All they got was a silent goodbye. Someone had the presence of mind to lob a question at Taran before he could disappear from sight.

"That's it? No speech, no announcements? How do we know what's going to happen next?"

"Ye don't," Taran replied. "When there's an announcement ta make, ye'll hear of it in short order. Afore that, we've work what needs doin'. So celebrate if ye must, then return to business as usual." Then he left, leaving a roomful of confused dwarves in his wake.

The Whalers followed Taran through the fortress, through the living quarters, down endless flights of stairs through empty floors and exploratory mining shafts. They stopped only when they reached the first lake in the caverns.

"So," Taran began. "Seems we be runnin' this boat now, lads n' lasses. Fairst things fairst. We need ta get us a handle on th' fortress stocks. Also the census. Once tha's over n' dun with, we can get some real work done."

"Bembul, you're in charge o' findin' us an official headquarters. Ye know what we'll need. Atir, Perseus, find the bookkeeper and get th' ledgers. Reg, ye're with me. There's much ye need ta learn yet."

They ascended the stairs back to the fortress together, then went on their separate ways as they reached the correct floors. Not one of them seemed to notice that they had been followed, nor that their entire conversation had been heard.

Thus dawned a new year in the fortress of exiles, with an exile running the show.

Asmoth, can you update the OP? It's a bit outdated, especially with all the new deaths. 4mask, did you put the save up anywhere?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2015, 06:08:41 am »

Yeah, I've just been waiting for the turn to officially end to add links and tally the dead.

Also, idea for the engravers: the historian's guild, including them and the bookkeeper. Plus five for each masterful engraving in a noble's room, plus three for each masterful engraving in a public room and plus one for each level of accuracy in the stock records.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »

The Journal of Xan, Hidden Flame

OOC:Cant wait to see what water related catastrophes will follow the elections, good luck Rhaken!
                    Entry Two:

Blast! The wannabe Dwarfs of the Whalers have won! The situation just keeps getting worse and worse. I may need to enlist the help of some the the brighter and less treasonous Dwarfs of this fortress. Knor is furious at my lack of progress, he sent a letter that included a set of dropoff cooridates along with the usual string of expletives. I have to get something to report! I am going to look into both the Admiral, the mysterious leader of the Whaler cult. And the Corperatists, they may be useful as they have economic power as well as whatever secret powers I cannot glean at the moment. I am going to investigate the Whalers in disguise. I think these cultists could be hiding something very dangerous. The Legions plans seem benign at the moment, I am not yet a trusted member so I cant be certain. There is hope yet for the Dwarfs of Crownhammers. As long as I can keep the traitors that plague the politics of the fortress at bay. Knor, nay, the King, has plans for me and this fort yet.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing Evadeth Mine Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2015, 02:22:31 am »

hey this looks ineresting could i have a dwarf from the next migant wave
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2015, 05:53:58 am »

did my dwarf have any family in the fort? preferably male.

either way if we still have that talented speardwarf, can i have him/her/it?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2015, 01:49:09 pm »

OP is now reasonably up to date. Checking if Mask is having trouble uploading the save.

Longinus, some form of backstory is required for getting a dwarf.

Insane, as a starting dwarf, you wouldn't have any other family in the fortress.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2015, 02:09:09 pm »

He could have relations with another Dwarf, in all my forts I take one of the starting seven and use him/her as my charecter and/or my hero. She is currently dating another Dwarf. Man, DF is deep. Time to get out the pit full (it was at least) of giant Olms.  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »

Longinus, some form of backstory is required for getting a dwarf.
id like a male dwarf named Father Wolfe basically hes a preacher who is devoted to armok and was run out of the captal for preforming blood sacrifices with his followers

ill write more in an introductory post later

ill also want a political paryt of my own with other migrants
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »

oh also his profession name should be preacher
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42:13 pm »

I'll try to get dorfings up to speed once I get my hands on that save. Yes I'm looking at you, 4mask. :P

Longinus, try to avoid double-posting. Editing your previous post is preferable.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:09 pm »

I only really get bothered by triple or above posts. Double posts don't bother me.
But yeah, editing is a good plan unless your posts are at least two hours apart.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34