Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 66720 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2015, 06:14:40 pm »

Xan, I think Taran's accent is meant to be Scottish or Northern(?) Irish, not... er, hillbilly? I'm just guessing that based off the hyphen in artisans. Though I guess you could just be bad at imitating people.

Balor's Journal
We are watching... I worked so hard for years to turn the Legion into the fear at the back of people's minds. And now Rith is just taking that up a notch. Is that too far? Can I honestly draw a line at this and say that we aren't prepared to go there, to do that? I've always told my followers that we would use whatever means necessary to free ourselves and deal with the consequences of our actions later, but religion is like a weed. You can never get rid of it, and then it just comes back stronger. Our very own Father Wolfe is example enough of that. Could we count ourselves free while building temples to false gods and paying tithes to priests who knew what lies they told? I can't waste my time on such idle soul searching, though. I know that if this appears to be the best option, I will embrace it no matter how much it disgusts me. I've done so before.

I've had the others spread rumours of my ties with the Legion around the fortress. Maintaining utmost secrecy was never really an option in a settlement this small if we were going to have any real power, and a few whispers about my identity should help smooth it over when I choose to reveal myself. Even if I don't, the existence of such rumours should serve as insulation if anyone learns the truth in the future  and tries to blackmail me with it. On that note, I should try to figure out our mole's intentions. Perhaps I can plant a few doubts about our king in his head at least.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »

Oh no no my charecter is just mocking and making him sound dumb. Huh, that does look hillbilly-ish. I actually like the accent, it adds a surprising amount to the charecter.   :)    Oh and asmoth do you want to pm talk? I can tell you my charecters intentions and my intentions for what the charecter shall become.  ;) yeah my guy is really disdainful now, sorry about that it just kinda happened, but soon his veiws may change..... (Dun dun daaaaa....)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2015, 07:16:11 pm »

I'm considering doing a scene for us but it doesn't happen until you want to found the Monarchists, since your refusal to cooperate would probably end up with your leaving/getting kicked out of the Legion.

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »

Pssss...just gonna drop in to say that I'd be interested in creating a dwarf. Might also be interested in joining a party somehow.

[Just tell me what I need to do to join and i'll get to it]

By the way, you guys are some of the best story-line DF players I've ever seen. Gratz.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:11:14 pm by Exodus »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

Pssss...just gonna drop in to say that I'd be interested in creating a dwarf. Might also be interested in joining a party somehow.

[Just tell me what I need to do to join and i'll get to it]

By the way, you guys are some of the best story-line DF players I've ever seen. Gratz.
* 4maskwolf bows, despite the fact that most of the time people do his own work for him

Just follow the directions on the OP.  Choose a dwarf, give it a name and a backstory, and choose to join a party, create one, or try to live you life free of the opressive system.

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing Evadeth Mine Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:08 pm »

o thank you

Father Wolfe led his followers to dining room, because he wanted to give another sremon. THe preacher leapt up otno the talbe and began to preach it for all to hear.

"Children, let us always remember that no matter who you are, the mgihty lord Armok has a plan for you.

"I was born in the hillocs. My father and I worked as rangers, trappign and taming wild animals. on bad days, he would beat me. In those days, we all worshpped the lesser gods, who merely preside over us and have their own agendas outside of us. In those days I, a young dwarf who could only watch as times grew harder and the empire collapsed all around everyone, felt lsot.

"But then one day I didn't! I was out in the woods, prepping a trap when a wolves attacked me and my leg was wounded. I couldn't move, so I just lied there thinking that the wolf would eat me, or something. But then, the wolf becake scared and left. I looked to the sky and lo! it was Armok. And he said:

"'Your people has become corrupt and proud and they have forgotten me and they're betrayed me and they haven't kept their promises! Thus, I have allowed my minions to deliver you all into the hands of the goblins. But i;ll still gibe you one last chance. You will become my prophet, and thy name shall be wolfe, for it was by the wolf that you came to me. You will be called father cause you are the father and shpeherd of my new people.'

"So I said, 'But how am i to become the father of a people? And how will i even live in my condiiton?'

"'Thy leg is healed, because i have willed it so. Also, you must preach to the people, estalbish my Church, and one day you will be called to the promised land, marked by the torrents of my greatest gift, blod. I will speak to you in your dreams. Go!'

"And so, I, now with a purpose, made my way back home, then left to establish the Church of Armok. So you see, if even a poor ranger like me can be so chosen by Armok, how can any of you doubt your own value? Come to Armok, andt he reward will be great!"

Taran was walking through the fortress when Father Wolfe stopped him whilst he was walking through the fortress.

"Oh! Hello Fathre Wolfe." muttered Taran.

"Hello, overseer. How's my church doing?"

"It's almost done. You'll get it soon"

"Excelent! By the way, could I also have a small library and study for myself. I need to sutyd and write alot of theeological texts."

(A/N soory if i didnt get his angle saxon accent right)

"Ach! Well dat would bee some werk now, wouldn'a be? Ach! erl see wut I can doo, tho."

"Thank you! Also, I got you a present, it's a boot."

The preacher gave the old sailor a brown boot with a buckle.

"Thanks," said Taran, "It's the cooliest present anyone's ever given me. I'll wear it immediately."

Taran left, and when he was out of sight Father Wofle said: "Ha ha ha ha! Jokes on him! I poisoned the boot. I know about poison because i used to work with animals. Let's see, I forgot to label the phials, but if I took the right one, it should kill him when he wears it, and it shouldn't be detectable. If i picked the wrong phial, the worst he'll get is a skin rash or athlete's foot or something. Nothing ventured, nothign gained.

ive decided to list out all the characters so far and what their alignment seems to be as far as good or evil

key
absolutely and undeniabley good and heroic
good
neutral
troublemaker
bad
iredeemably evil

Father Wolfe
Nobeard

Hef
Rith Olinardes

Illevaihcam
Balor
Xan
Taran
Bembul (ZOMBIE!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:07:27 pm by Longinus »
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

Hope this is alright.

Dwarf: Andromodo Val Serpine, last of his family. He is a strange dwarf to say the least, his emotions appear to be quite dulled and his morals are nigh non existant, apparently a family trait. He found Crownhammers after hearing of it from others, to him it is a perfect place, a fort in chaos is much easier to reign control of. His dulled emotions and morals are not easily seen and he fakes them with the ability of an actor. With him comes a new party, The Coalition of Steel.

The Coalition seeks to establish a new dwarven state with themselves as leaders. All other races are of no importance and will be exploited. They constantly spread propoganda that glorifies this new dwarven state. The Coalition is very loose morally and are instead pressed to do everything in a sort of Nationalism. 

Hope I did that right..

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »

Hope this is alright.

Dwarf: Andromodo Val Serpine, last of his family. He is a strange dwarf to say the least, his emotions appear to be quite dulled and his morals are nigh non existant, apparently a family trait. He found Crownhammers after hearing of it from others, to him it is a perfect place, a fort in chaos is much easier to reign control of. His dulled emotions and morals are not easily seen and he fakes them with the ability of an actor. With him comes a new party, The Coalition of Steel.

The Coalition seeks to establish a new dwarven state with themselves as leaders. All other races are of no importance and will be exploited. They constantly spread propoganda that glorifies this new dwarven state. The Coalition is very loose morally and are instead pressed to do everything in a sort of Nationalism. 

Hope I did that right..
hmm this is pretty good and it looks like we have similar goals

perahps a merge or a pact could be possilbe in the future
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:29 pm »

Thanks, our goals are similar albeit my party is a bit more secular.

Character concept was literally psychopathic Stalin.

Longinus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:41 pm »

Thanks, our goals are similar albeit my party is a bit more secular.

Character concept was literally psychopathic Stalin.
tfw implying tht stalin wasnt literally psycholpathic as it is
CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:04 am »

Exodus, I really like your charecter and I can't wait to see what happens next. Am I the only for king and country dwarf? Well Uzol does kinda suck.  :).  Oh and Longinus I'm bad bad?! Naw it's fine. And I do want persue some other paths for Xan.

Ps: poor taran, two poison assassination attemps at the same time! Hope he has a good immune system. ;D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2015, 06:29:59 am »

Accomodates other peoples' religions= irrevocably evil. Poisons someone who is helping him=undeniably good. Hmm...

In any case, I'd be surprised if poisons affected Taran at all.

Exodius, you can pick two dwarves to add to your party as well. There's a list of migrants and such in the updates when they arrive

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 26, 2015, 07:00:31 am »

Next update in progress. Spoiler alert: dwarven merchants are loopy.

I'm considering taking screenshots of the relationships screen of every named dwarf and putting them up here. Anyone interested?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2015, 07:01:54 am »

Next update in progress. Spoiler alert: dwarven merchants are loopy.

I'm considering taking screenshots of the relationships screen of every named dwarf and putting them up here. Anyone interested?
I'll bite.

(In other words, yes)

I love how nobeard is listed as undeniably good and heroic, despite her belief that all races are equal in the eyes of Armok.  You'd think that she would be listed as neutral or lower given the fact that the church probably considers them heretics.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:53:43 am by 4maskwolf »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

Hef isn't supposed to be truly good. He's certainly not evil, but doesn't go out of his way to do good things.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34