Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bay12 Travel Thread  (Read 2157 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Bay12 Travel Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 10:58:05 am »

So next, I'm going to Amsterdam and Sarajevo. Any nice place, bars, stuff to see in those place? Anyone wants to meet for a drink?
Gah, wish I could offer some actual advice on Sarajevo. >.< But all I really know is that it is supposed to be quite beautiful city to see, influenced by eastern and western (or rather southern and northern) cultural influences and all that.

Other than that - what Jopax said. While whole Balkans area is known for it's burek and ćevaps, definitely try them, yeah. Also, get yourself some ratluk. I got one from a certain Sarajevo candy shop few months ago but sadly can't remember which exactly. Well, it's basically a sort of Turkish delight. Nah, you know, better check all the candy you can get your hands on. Balkans and Turkey have some pretty dope candy, imho.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 12:46:34 pm »

Yeah, I had a ton of Burek, and the city IS quite beautiful. Definitely a nice destination.

Regarding Romania, I've only been to Cluj-Napoca, parts of Transylvania and Bucharest, but here's my general impression: most cities outside the former Austro-Hungarian area are quite ugly, Bucharest is not worth it. The countryside though, especially Transylvania (and the Mamamures I heard) is wonderful. Romania is dirt-poor, so you can enjoy the sight of peasants peasanting like they're still in the 19th century, using handmade tools to make haypile by hand, which is really nice if you're not a Romanian peasant. Other than that, the food in the North-East is hungarian and great.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »

Oh snap, your original post was from 6th February. I'm late to the party.

Just out of curiosity though - meat or cheese burek? Also, did you eat it together with yoghurt? It tastes so gorgeously goOoOoOod with yoghurt.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 02:16:17 pm »

Both. Beef burek, lamb burek, cheese burek, pumpkin burek... so muchburek... And yeah, with the garlic yoghurt. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

Christchurch, New Zealand. Y'know, in case anyone wants to visit Middle-Earth.

If you want to visit you'd probably need a car, seeing as out public transport system makes Estonia laugh. Accommodation is exorbitantly expensive. Hotels/motels can charge upwards of several hundred dollars a night. But you don't need to tip waiters and serving staff, so that balances out. I think.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 03:13:02 pm »

If anyone has questions about Georgia, i'll do the best I can to answer them. Best places to travel are definitely the nicer parts of Atlanta and Savannah, Savannah especially during the Spring/Summer.
Pages: 1 [2]