Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Furry Fortress

(1/18) > >>

AceSV:
The plan is to replace the mythological humanoids, even humans and dwarves, with various types of animal people that you might see on cartoons or depraved deviantArt pages.  I meant to do less, but came up with Vulps (foxes), Lagomors (rabbits), Komodos (monitor lizards), Anatons (ducks), Pantherans (lions/tigers/etc), Equids (horses, possibly centaurine), Elephuds (Elephants), Formicines (Ants).  Each should be playable in fortress mode and have a lot of unique biology, ethics and allowed buildings and reactions. 

A lot of my original plan didn't work out the way I would have liked, since DF lacks he necessary mod tokens, but here was the original plan:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Vulps  (Fox)
Dwarf-Sized
Omnivorous
Burrowing (can produce Picks natively)
Human/Dwarf-like ethics, a bit more tolerant of trickery and foul play
Access to Caverns supplies like Plump Helmets and underground wood and leather.  (like dwarves) 
Will produce some Japanese themed equipment, like katanas and nunchucks. 

Lagomors  (Rabbit)
Dwarf-Sized
Herbivorous
Burrowing
Higher litter size. 
Great at jumping. 
Annoyed by killing animals, trading animal parts, meats and leather.  Thus unable to Butcher, Tan or Bonecraft.
More plant options as an offset. 
Access to Underground crops. 

Komodos  (Lizard)
Dwarf-Sized
Carnivorous
Burrowing
Amphibious
Egg-Laying
Teeth, Claws and Tails
They do not try to wear clothing, and therefor cannot produce it, but can still make bags, ropes, etc. 
Sapient-Eaters, possibly goblin-like ethics, but I don't want to cast anyone as "the bad guys"
Reptilian livestock instead of mammals. 
Cannot milk animals or produce cheese.  If possible, they cannot digest these substances either.

Anatons  (Duck)
Dwarf-Sized
Omnivorous
Non-Burrowing (cannot produce Picks natively)
Amphibious or Great Swimmers
Egg-Laying
Alien Ethics (not sure exactly how they will be different yet, but I want to highlight the non-mammalian lineage)
Avian livestock, such as Falcons, Parrots, Ostriches, maybe a Chocobo/Terror Bird, and some kind of shearable bird (maybe Eiders). 
Should specialize in fishing, somehow.  Maybe Aquatic or Amphibious livestock.

Pantherans   (Big Cats)
Human-Sized
Carnivorous
Non-Burrowing
Teeth and Claws that are nearly as good as manufactured weapons. 
Great Climbers
Sapient-Eaters
As carnivores they would be heavily dependent on livestock for food. 
No Farm Plots.  They would still be able to Gather Plants and process them at the Farmer's Workshop, but not grow their own, thus they are more dependent on Wool, Leather and Silk for textiles. 
More Bone Crafting, such as Bone Sculptures and maybe Bone Clothing. 

Equids  (Horse/Centaur)
Human-sized~
this is how I imagine them to look: 
Herbivorous
Non-Burrowing
Hooves instead of feet, either wear specialized shoes or no shoes. 
Cannot Climb, or are very bad at climbing. 
Grazers
Must produce special armor for their lower torso, known as Barding, and extra leg protection for their 4 legs. 
Might produce wooden weapons and armor, like Elves do. 
Mostly Human/Dwarf ethics, might have some aversion to killing animals like Lagomors do. 

Elephii (sing. Elephus)  (Elephant)
Ogre-Sized (or at least larger than humans)
Herbivorous
Non-Burrowing
Trunks, tusks
Natural Building Destroyers
Grazers
Cannot wear normal clothing or armor.  Dwarf-sized weapons are too small for them (if that's possible)
Capable of producing special huge weapons. 
Not sure if Elephii should try to poach other Elephii for their ivory. 
Domesticated Elephants. 

Formicines  (Ant)
Omnivorous
Burrowing
Egg-Laying
Centaur shaped, walks on four legs, two hands; like the Equids, they use Barding to cover their abdomens. 
Do not wear clothes and cannot produce them
Great Climbers

Castes:
Queen/Gamergate
Larger than Humans
Large litter sizes

Males/Drones
Human-Sized
Winged
Very Short Lifespan

Soldiers
Human-Sized
Claws, Mandibles and Stingers
Cannot reproduce
Short Lifespan

Workers
Dwarf-Sized
Cannot reproduce
Short Lifespan

Babies are called Larvae.  It would be cool to make them pupate as Children, but I'm not sure that's doable.  They will probably just spring into adulthood after the larval stage. 
If possible, I would have Workers take care of babies instead of clinging to their mother, but i'm not sure how that would work with Egg-Layers to begin with. 
Alien Ethics.  Non-materialistic but a strong sense of community and low sense of individuality.  Maybe a lot of capital punishment. 
Access to Caverns supplies like Plump Helmets and underground wood and leather.  (like dwarves) 
Special arthropod livestock like Giant Mealy Bugs, Giant Aphids and some kind of silk-producing animal, probably a Giant Silk Worm or something like that and not domesticated GCS.  Mealybugs and Aphids can be "milked" to produce Honeydew which can be turned into mead.  Mealybugs also cover themselves in wax, so it stands to reason you could "shear" a mealybug to harvest its wax.  Giant Silk Worm silk would probably also get handled like shearing. 

I'm also musing over the ideas of a Wolfman caste for Vulps, a Crocodileman caste for Komodos, and race/civs of Monkeys with Indian gear, Pandas with Chinese gear, and various mythical creatures such as Dragons, Unicorns/Pegasi/Alicorns, Griffins, Manticores, Phoenix, Kirin, Minotaur, Kraken, Water Horse, etc.  All of those are waaaaay on the backburner unless everybody displays an overwhelming interest.   

Everything I make, I will try to post in this folder.  Download it, check it out, let me know how I did.

Vulps  (Fox)
The most dwarf-like.  Major changes are teeth and claws have precedence over punching and kicking and they have agility instead of toughness.  They get Japan themed weapons like katana and shuriken. 

Lagomors  (Rabbit)
2nd most dwarf-like.  They will refuse to trade animal parts, but you can still hunt and butcher animals if you're controlling them.  There is no HERBIVORE tag, so they eat anything, but they cannot make leather.  Highly agile.  They get English themed weapons like bills and longbow. 

Komodos  (Lizard)
Carnivorous monitor lizards.  Cannot start with plants or seeds, and can't eat them anyways (though they still need clothing).  Slow but tough, like a dwarf.  They get Egyptian and Arabian themed weapons like the khopesh and shamshir. 

Anatons  (Duck)
Amphibious, but that doesn't matter because the AI doesn't realize it.  Huge disappointment.  Maritime themed weapons, like tridents and cutlasses.  Penalty to digging, since ducks don't live in burrows like the others, but only slight since they're so sucky.  Truly devious players could probably find a way to utilize them. 

Equids  (Horse/Centaur)
Giant centaurine horse-people.  Their size and speed make them formidable.  There is no HERBIVORE tag, so they eat anything.  They get Polish (hussar) themed weapons like the koncerz and nadziak and some other cavalry themed weapons like the lance.  Terrible at digging as penalty for being extremely good at everything else. 

Leokin   (Lions)
Very big, sharp teeth and claws.  Males are larger than females and get different natural skills.  Carnivores.  Like Equids, terrible at digging. 

Elephuds   (Elephant)
Not Yet

Formicines  (Ant)
Not Yet  Because these are the least dwarfy, they'll require the most work, so I might get lazy and skip them.  But Ace the SuperVillain likes ants for their human-like societies, so who knows. 

There are thoughts of Monkey, Panda, Snake, Crocodile, Racoon, Kangaroo and Honey Badger civs.  We'll see...

As far as I know, large animals in general can tolerate alcohol and many, such as monkeys, bears and elephants, will actively seek it out.  So even though you should not give alcohol to your pet rabbit, dog or lizard, I think a dwarf or human sized version should be fine with.  (and what the heck, it's fantasy)  Assuming that CARNIVORE does not cancel it out, all races will be able to tolerate and produce alcohol. 

(expect edits)

AceSV:
Alright, let's start it hot.  Here's a first draft for the Vulp creature (not entity yet). 

I just copied the data for Dwarves (from the wiki, not the game, if it matters) and changed this and that.  It became quickly apparent that I have no idea what I'm doing.  Here's a list of changes.

Added Tails to BODY
Removed Martial Trance ability Put the Martial Trance back in.  The Vulps will end up being a kind of Ninja/Samurai culture. 
Not sure how to make Fur tissue
Switched Agility and Toughness Attribute Ranges, so ++ Agility and - Toughness
Not touching the Physical Appearance
MaxAge to 90:110
Changed Broadness to Length
I don't know how to change the BP Appearance Modifiers.  It seems to be referencing variable names, and I couldn't figure out what the variables are referencing that I could change the strings.  I'd prefer to give them descriptions for their snouts, pointy ears, fur, and tails instead of the humanoid ones. 
Wanted to adjust it so that Bite and Scratch are more effective and more favored than Punch and Kick, but it seems like the attack attributes are the same for creatures like foxes and dingo men as they are for dwarves.  I assume what you'd actually have to do is modify the jaw and nail size, but I don't know how to do that. 
Smell Trigger to 50 instead of 90
Left Alchohol Dependent for now.  Of all the animals that would be alcohol dependent, foxes seem the most likely. 
Copied Gait Speed from Elves
Removed facial hair from males
Added caste names to male and female, Vixen and Reynard
Changed hair colors to remove brunette shades and add red shades.  Changed aging hair color to match lifespan (not sure if I want foxes to go grey ever though).  Did not change eye or skin colors.
Gave GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH instead of TEETH
4 fingers and toes instead of 5
Added the line [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR] which I think means fur. 
I decided to just remove the BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIERS.  I can't figure out how to write my own and I don't think I really want to.  They tend to sound weird and are ultimately irrelevant. 

The majestic Vulp:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Code: ---[CREATURE:VULP]
[DESCRIPTION:A fox-like humanoid, known for its cleverness.]
[NAME:vulp:vulps:vulpen]
[CASTE_NAME:vulp:vulps:vulpen]
[CREATURE_TILE:1][COLOR:3:0:0]
[CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2]

Many of the following tags are actually caste-level tags (in this case, male and female), but because there are no differences between the castes for these tags in a dwarf, you can add them earlier.  Any caste-level tag that occurs before castes are explicitly declared is saved up and placed on any caste that is declared later, unless the caste is explicitly derived from another caste.

[INTELLIGENT]
[TRANCES]
[BENIGN]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:furriness]

[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

Next we use body detail plans (which have their own raw file) to streamline the addition of some of the common materials, tissues and their relationships with each other.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]

Eyebrows and eyelashes are manually added here.

[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYEBROW:EYEBROW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]

And nails.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]

Set up some major arteries that couldn't be handled in the raw templates.  The selection commands can be used to grab tissue layers to adjust their properties after they have been created.

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]

Then back to some more body detail plans.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:LIVER:300] Of course!  Standard relative size for humanoids is 200.

Tendons and ligaments are currently very abstract, but adding these flags will let wounds occur that damage them.  The number afterward is the healing rate.  Lower is faster.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]

This makes the creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and stance parts.

[HAS_NERVES]

This controls the bleeding behavior.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

These classes are used by syndromes (such as poison) as well as some restricted entity positions.  You can name them whatever you want.

[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]

Some tags to control the overall infection behavior.

[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]

Some additional materials.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SWEAT:SWEAT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TEARS:TEARS_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPIT:SPIT_TEMPLATE]

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SWEAT:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:EXERTION]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TEARS:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:EXTREME_EMOTION]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIT:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:spit:spits:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]

Attributes for dwarves are still described in terms of the median value below, but the actual game effects are altered according to the raw numbers.  The numbers are different percentile values.  1000 is the human median for all attributes, so dwarven strength, for instance, has a higher median of 1250, although they suffer from their smaller size.

[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:150:600:800:900:1000:1100:1500]               -
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]    +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:FOCUS:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]                ++
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:CREATIVITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]            +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:PATIENCE:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]                +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]        ++

These tags establish the growth phases of the creature's life.  The format is (BODY_SIZE|<year>|<day>|<average size>).

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]

These body modifiers give individual dwarves different characteristics.  In the case of HEIGHT, BROADNESS and LENGTH, the modifier is also a percentage change to the BODY_SIZE of the individual creature.  The seven numbers afterward give a distribution of ranges.  Each interval has an equal chance of occurring.

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]

In order to set properties for body parts, first you select them.  In this case, we select all body parts of category EYE, then we add a few modifiers to them.

[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DEEP_VOICE:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:RASPY_VOICE:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]

[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:700]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:91:94:98:102:106:109]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:700]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:91:94:98:102:106:109]

These are as before.

[MAXAGE:90:110]

Attack definitions are formatted as follows:

[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]

This means that the attack will use as much of the available tissue as possible, rather than, say, thrusting with a spike.

[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]

This causes all of the nails on the finger's of a given grasp to be used.

[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]

This causes all of the teeth on a given head to be used.

[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

Here, GENERAL_BABY_NAME is at the creature level, and BABYNAME is at the caste level.  These names could be gender-specific but aren't right now.

[BABY:1]
[GENERAL_BABY_NAME:vulpup:vulpups]
[BABYNAME:vulpup:vulpups]
[CHILD:12]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:vulp youth:vulp youths]
[CHILDNAME:vulp youth:vulp youths]
[EQUIPS]
[CAVE_ADAPT]
[DIURNAL]
[SMELL_TRIGGER:50]
[LOW_LIGHT_VISION:10000]

This is the new format for making specific unit names for a creature.  Any unit token can be used.  If you want to add a caste-specific profession name, use CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME instead, once the caste has been declared.

[PROFESSION_NAME:CRAFTSMAN:craftsvulp:craftsvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:FISHERMAN:fishervulp:fishervulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:HAMMERMAN:hammervulp:hammervulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:SPEARMAN:spearvulp:spearvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:CROSSBOWMAN:marksvulp:marksvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:AXEMAN:axevulp:axevulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:SWORDSMAN:swordsvulp:swordsvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MACEMAN:macevulps:macevulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:PIKEMAN:pikevulp:pikevulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:BOWMAN:bowvulp:bowvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_CROSSBOWMAN:Elite Marksvulp:Elite Marksvulps]
[PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_BOWMAN:Elite Bowvulp:Elite Bowvulps]
[SPEECH:dwarf.txt]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:642:428:214:1900:2900] 41 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2206:1692:1178:585:3400:4900] 15 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2728:2069:1409:675:4000:5700] 13 kph
[SWIMS_LEARNED]
[PERSONALITY:IMMODERATION:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:0:45:100]
[PERSONALITY:BASHFUL:0:45:100]
[PERSONALITY:SINGLEMINDED:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:GREED:0:55:100]
[MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
[MANNERISM_NOSE:nose]
[MANNERISM_EAR:ear]
[MANNERISM_HEAD:head]
[MANNERISM_EYES:eyes]
[MANNERISM_MOUTH:mouth]
[MANNERISM_HAIR:hair]
[MANNERISM_KNUCKLES:knuckles]
[MANNERISM_LIPS:lips]
[MANNERISM_CHEEK:cheek]
[MANNERISM_NAILS:nails]
[MANNERISM_FEET:feet]
[MANNERISM_ARMS:arms]
[MANNERISM_HANDS:hands]
[MANNERISM_TONGUE:tongue]
[MANNERISM_LEG:leg]
[MANNERISM_LAUGH]
[MANNERISM_SMILE]
[MANNERISM_WALK]
[MANNERISM_SIT]
[MANNERISM_BREATH]
[MANNERISM_POSTURE]
[MANNERISM_STRETCH]
[MANNERISM_EYELIDS]
[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET]

Now we'll declare the specific castes.

[CASTE:FEMALE]
The gender tag lets it know how breeding works.
[FEMALE]
[CASTE_NAME:vixen:vixens:vixen]
[CHILDNAME:vixen pup:vixen pups]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
To add beards, put square brackets around the following:
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:reynard:reynards:reynard]
[CHILDNAME:reynard pup:reynard pups]
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS

This command lets you select all of the castes again.

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

Now we'll select all of the hair tissue layers we can find so that we can add colorations to them.  Even if the castes have different tissue layers, it'll find the layers and establish modifiers for each of the castes properly.

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]

A color modifier takes a list of color patterns (every color is associated to a monotone color pattern of its color, so you can also use color tokens) and frequencies.

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:AUBURN:1:BUFF:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CARDINAL:1:CARMINE:1:CHESTNUT:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_TAN:1:DARK_SCARLET:1:ECRU:1:FLAX:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PUMPKIN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:RED:1:RUSSET:1:SAFFRON:1:SCARLET:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:VERMILLION:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GRAY:1]

This gives the start and finish time in <year>|<days> for the color change to occur

[TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:50:0:90:0]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:90:0:110:0]

Now we'll select the eyebrows and eyelashes and give them variable lengths.

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyebrows:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:130:145]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DENSE:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HIGH_POSITION:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyelashes:PLURAL]

All of the other hair is selected and started at length zero.  It's fine to group them all together like this -- the creature can still accomodate different lengths once hair cutting/styling goes in.  I used one modifier here because the growth rates and starting length are all the same.

[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]

Here we set the growth rate.  This will change the modifier (LENGTH) by 1 each day up to a maximum of 1000 from the start of the dwarf's life (early beards!) for as long as the dwarf is alive.  The format is (APP_MOD_RATE|<rate>|<scale>|<min>|<max>|<start year>|<start day>|<end year>|<end day>) where the final two tokens can be replaced by NO_END if the growth is to continue indefinitely.

[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:25:75:125:200:300]

[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CURLY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GREASY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DENSE:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]

[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:HAIR:STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:BEARD:STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:beard:SINGULAR]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:MOUSTACHE:STANDARD_MOUSTACHE_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:moustache:SINGULAR]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:SIDEBURNS:STANDARD_SIDEBURNS_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:sideburns:PLURAL]

Here we handle nail length.

*** need a new style to keep these short and need to make the entity def say to keep them short
SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL]
TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100]
APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
APP_MOD_NOUN:nails:PLURAL]

Here all of the skin is selected and various colors are listed.

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]

[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:100:60:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:0:0:0:1:25:50]

Now we do the eyes, using the somewhat clunky eye color patterns.

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_AMETHYST:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:1:IRIS_EYE_BRASS:1:IRIS_EYE_BRONZE:1:IRIS_EYE_COBALT:1:IRIS_EYE_COPPER:1:IRIS_EYE_EMERALD:1:IRIS_EYE_GOLD:1:IRIS_EYE_HELIOTROPE:1:IRIS_EYE_JADE:1:IRIS_EYE_OCHRE:1:IRIS_EYE_RAW_UMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_RUST:1:IRIS_EYE_SILVER:1:IRIS_EYE_SLATE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_TURQUOISE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
--- End code ---

My brain still feels melted by trying to figure out how all that crap works.  If any like-minded modders want to assist, I'd be happier to crunch numbers and draw sprites than to mess with all these tissues and variables. 

Meph:

--- Quote ---As far as I know, large animals in general can tolerate alcohol and many, such as monkeys, bears and elephants, will actively seek it out.
--- End quote ---
Source on that?

Graknorke:
inb4 Kevak

Reelya:

--- Quote from: Meph on February 17, 2015, 08:23:54 am ---
--- Quote ---As far as I know, large animals in general can tolerate alcohol and many, such as monkeys, bears and elephants, will actively seek it out.
--- End quote ---
Source on that?

--- End quote ---
Google "animals that drink alcohol" and a lot of articles come up. Hint: the critter with the highest alcohol tolerance on Earth is not humans:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-alcoholics-of-the-animal-world-81007700/?no-ist

--- Quote ---The pen-tailed treeshrew of Malaysia gets credit for having the world’s highest alcohol tolerance. Seven species of animals, including the treeshrew and the slow loris, feed on fermented nectar from the flower buds of the bertam palm plant. But though the treeshrew quaffs this brew all day long, it doesn’t get drunk, scientists found in a 2008 PNAS study. “They seem to have developed some type of mechanism to deal with that high level of alcohol and not get drunk,” University of Western Ontario microbiologist, and study co-author, Marc-André Lachance told LiveScience. “The amount of alcohol we’re talking about is huge—it’s several times the legal limit in most countries.”
--- End quote ---

They gave macaques alcohol and the patterns of use are strikingly similar, with lonely monkeys drinking a lot more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3423881.stm

--- Quote ---The elephants are known to have a taste for rice beer brewed by tribal communities across north-east India.

But this is the first time some of them have died after consuming the drink.

A herd of about 20 to 25 elephants went on the rampage in a remote area in the West Garo Hills district earlier this week after getting high on the beer.
--- End quote ---

Elephants steal beer, go on rampage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version