Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking for graphically demanding games with some requisites  (Read 1293 times)

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for graphically demanding games with some requisites
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 07:09:24 am »

Thanks everyone for the input.
Completely forgot about the TW games. Weird, considering I've played a lot of Rome (the first one) and Empire in the past.
Dyson Sphere should fit perfectly my tastes (218 hours on Factorio and 618 on Oxygen not Included) and also Mechwarrior 5. Played a shit-ton of MW2 when I was a teen.

NMS, I don't know. I was very hyped but I read it can be quite repetitive. May consider it when it's on sale.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2022, 03:50:43 pm »

NMS is fairly repetitive, yeah. It's a personal taste thing; if you like exploring and don't mind that there aren't profound differences between the endless worlds you can find, it's great. O/w it gets old.

One thing that helped pull me back into playing it were the Expeditions they did, but those were limited-time variant games with different goals. So while doing all of those could throw another 30-50h of gameplay at you, you can't do them until and unless 1) they release a new one, and it's up for 6w; or 2), they temporarily re-release the old ones (they did all of them again at the end of last year). It's a pity, but I get why they limit them; they want them to be community expeditions, not SP expeditions.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2022, 03:48:10 pm »

Probably too much of an FPS for your current tastes, but I've been spending some time with the latest STALKER Anomaly mod phenomenon, GAMMA (a... modpack for a modpack, I guess). It's got poor to middling optimization (which probably shouldn't be surprising given it's running on a pretty darn old engine these days), but it can look quite impressively beautiful and there's room to really crank things up. While there are some plotlines it's overall a sandbox/survival experience, depending on the difficulty settings you pick.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2022, 01:47:52 am »

Hmm... no Death Stranding?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 [2]