Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Solitude [Suggestion Game]  (Read 7232 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Solitude [Suggestion Game]
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:24:53 pm »

I've started another one. They just won't leave me alone lately.

7:22 AM reads the clock as you open your eyes. Uh oh. There will be no time for breakfast. If you had anything other than toast, there would be, but alas, no. You look around from the top bunk at your sparsely-furnished dorm room. It is small and oblong, a narrow rectangle with the bed, window, and dresser at one end, and the door at the other. There is the simple desk where sits your laptop, surrounded by various papers. Across from it is the identical desk (with barely enough space to walk between them, due to the room's width) where sits your roommate's laptop, though he is nowhere to be seen. You'd have expected to see him either at the computer or in bed, but perhaps he's out on the couch in the common room again. Despite the morning sun coming through the blinds, you notice the ceiling light is on. Crap, did you sleep with that on all night? You could have sworn you turned it off before you went to bed, as has become automatic to you, but perhaps it was your roommate...

You sit up, rubbing the goop from your eyes. Well, better late than never.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:41:14 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Solitude
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:44 pm »

Is this a community story?

If it is, then Set your clock back 2 hours and go to sleep again
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solitude
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:36:29 pm »

(Sorta? More of a suggestion game? What's the difference?)

You would love to go back to sleep. Last night was a long one, and you were so tired you didn't even dream. Well, except for a waking one, maybe. It sounded like a ringing phone woke you up, but since everyone here just uses their cell phone, either on vibrate or with a ringtone, it had to have been a waking dream. Anyway, though, much as you'd love some more sleep, you've got to get your day started and get to class.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solitude [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:56:34 pm »

Find your phone
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

You look next to the alarm clock, which rests atop the shelf next to your bed. Not there. You begin patting yourself all over, but it seems you have not slept in your clothes, and thus have no pockets at the moment. Well, points for not being that slovenly at least. Eventually you just throw off the covers to look all over the bed, and find it just under your pillowcase. Well, that would explain that. It's out of juice. You usually set both your alarm clock and your phone, to have a backup in case one of them fails, but it seems they both have today. Either that, or you just slept through the clock alarm.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:13:13 pm »

plug phone in charger.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »

PTW
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

Find your wallet

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:02 pm »

Find your wallet
+1
Check how much money we have, then get dressed.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

You sigh internally. Guess you have no more excuse to stay in bed. Hopping down to the floor, you take another look at the lower bunk. Yep, your roommate's not there, as you'd surmised before when you didn't see his arm hanging over the side. Well, never mind that. There's your wallet over there on the desk next to your computer, where you leave it every night. Well, except when you fall asleep in your clothes. Speaking of which, you should probably put some clothes on, so you can put that wallet in your pocket. Before you forget to bring it at all. Might as well check it, though, you figure.

Sure enough, you find it just as you've left it. $47 in cash, no coins, your debit card, student ID, that receipt from the drycleaners, and organ donor's card... all there. You can trust your dorm mates enough to just leave it sitting there in the open, even though the dorm's often open. You take the USB charger that was underneath, plugging one end into your laptop and the other into your phone, then go back over to the dresser next to your bed.

Damn. It seems you have only two clean pairs of pants left, a pair of tan cargo shorts and some very dark blue jeans. At least you've still got umpteen t-shirts left.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 04:37:27 pm »

Wear half an umpteen t-shirts and one pair of jeans

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »

You put on the jeans at least, not bothering to change underwear, as you could always shower after class, and take a moment to pocket your wallet. The thought enters your head to simply wear half the t-shirts at once as a cure for indecision, but you dismiss it. You don't like dressing in layers. Instead, you just pick one at random and put it on. An Argentinian flag shirt, it seems. With that, you step out your door and into the dorm bathroom immediately adjacent, to perform your morning ablutions while the phone charges. You look over your face in the mirror to make sure everything's presentable.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

Grow a Beard!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »

And a Mustache!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 05:27:54 pm »

And Obtain A Tuxedo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8