Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101354 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2015, 04:53:02 pm »

Make sure you give NQT your actions before the deaths begin.
Deaths?  Do you have some information about deaths that are going to happen?

I do not know if any deaths will happen. I wanted to make sure he had a chance to do his actions before the 24 hour grace period was up.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »

Peradon, he thought you were trying to act town because you basically asked who was the best at acting town. He thought that you would be trying to mimic their play and seem townier. (I think?) I don't find that incriminating because you could very well be town just trying not to appear scum.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2015, 05:10:59 pm »

Peradon:
I really cant compair your posts to ones in other games because I havent been in any with you, but I would like to ask other people if this is a typical post for him?
First off, don't rely on meta.  I intentionally screw with my meta if I see people trying to do this.
Secondly, are you going to rely on everyone else to play this game for you?

"What do you think is the most usefull power?"
"Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?"
"Also, what would you say is the best kind of town player then?"

I'm possibly willing to conclude that you're not dumbscum trying to figure out how to pass off as town, as you'd likely be asking these kinds of questions to your scumbuddies.  Unless, of course, they're all dumb as a box of rocks. 

However, you could be a third-party with no partners to glean info from, so you could still be trying to figure out how to blend in with the townies. 

What I think is even more likely is that you're trying to figure out what sorts of ways to best screw over town powers by something like inflate, boobytrap, recall, etc. 

And, seriously, a post-analysis?  Are you always this defensive and panicky when someone votes you?

At best you're coming across as clueless town.  At worst you're scum trying to hinder town powers/playstyles.  Go hang.

TheDarkStar:
OSG: There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer. That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town. Now, which specific power do you think is best/most effective? Other people had no trouble answering this (like 4mask and Varee).
Thank you, TheDarkStar, for calling OSG on his obvious scummy bullshit.  Because he's not answering a random RVS question about what the best town powers are ... I just feel so in the dark now.  Please keep up the pressure so that we townies can keep fighting the good fight once we have this critical intel. 

4maskwolf:
Active lurking?  This early?  Really?  >_> 

origamiscienceguy:
I do not know if any deaths will happen. I wanted to make sure he had a chance to do his actions before the 24 hour grace period was up.
Refresh my memory.  Who is doing what actions, and why are you concerned about it?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »

Peradon:
I really cant compair your posts to ones in other games because I havent been in any with you, but I would like to ask other people if this is a typical post for him?
First off, don't rely on meta.  I intentionally screw with my meta if I see people trying to do this.
Secondly, are you going to rely on everyone else to play this game for you?
I'm not relying on meta, but using isnt bad either. I'm also not relying on other people to play, just asking whether your minimal posts were like you. I dont like minimal posts. They give nothing.
"What do you think is the most usefull power?"
"Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?"
"Also, what would you say is the best kind of town player then?"

I'm possibly willing to conclude that you're not dumbscum trying to figure out how to pass off as town, as you'd likely be asking these kinds of questions to your scumbuddies.  Unless, of course, they're all dumb as a box of rocks. 
Did you even read the responses? You clearly arent, because you would have seen that I was trying to clarify what I was asking.

I was asking it due to the nature of RQS. It was random, and had nothing to do with my alignment.

And, seriously, a post-analysis?  Are you always this defensive and panicky when someone votes you?
I think its good to always look back on what someone has posted when they come up on your radar. So yeah, I am.

...I just feel so in the dark now.  Please keep up the pressure so that we townies can keep fighting the good fight once we have this critical intel. 
Oh gosh, this is so blatant buddying, I'm shocked. I mean really? At this point, you're either pulling a noob mistake, or you just made a scum slip. You arent a noob. Vote Shakerag.

4maskwolf:
Active lurking?  This early?  Really?  >_> 
Please give examples of his active lurking, I dont see it.

Peradon, he thought you were trying to act town because you basically asked who was the best at acting town. He thought that you would be trying to mimic their play and seem townier. (I think?) I don't find that incriminating because you could very well be town just trying not to appear scum.
I didn't ask who was the best town, I asked what type was the best. In context with what was going on at the time, it makes sense. You werent understanding my question, and I had to restate it in 2 or 3 different ways. That was one of the ways I restated it.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2015, 05:44:10 pm »

TheDarkStar:
OSG: There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer. That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town. Now, which specific power do you think is best/most effective? Other people had no trouble answering this (like 4mask and Varee).
Thank you, TheDarkStar, for calling OSG on his obvious scummy bullshit.  Because he's not answering a random RVS question about what the best town powers are ... I just feel so in the dark now.  Please keep up the pressure so that we townies can keep fighting the good fight once we have this critical intel. 

This is sarcasm. Right? I am terrible at seeing sarcasm in posts.
origamiscienceguy:
Refresh my memory.  Who is doing what actions, and why are you concerned about it?
I was referring to persus13's first and only post of the entire game:
No lynch D1 is not a good idea. It gives town no information to work with without any benefit to town.

I'm busy, so this will be my only post in this until tomorrow sometime.
I wanted to make sure he got his actions in.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2015, 05:47:13 pm »

...I just feel so in the dark now.  Please keep up the pressure so that we townies can keep fighting the good fight once we have this critical intel. 
Oh gosh, this is so blatant buddying, I'm shocked. I mean really? At this point, you're either pulling a noob mistake, or you just made a scum slip. You arent a noob. Vote Shakerag.

I am not sure, but I think his whole post was sarcasm.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2015, 06:29:42 pm »

Peradon:
I'm not relying on meta, but using isnt bad either. I'm also not relying on other people to play, just asking whether your minimal posts were like you. I dont like minimal posts. They give nothing.
My advice is to not rely on meta, but that's up to you. 
And my post size will vary wildly depending on how busy I am IRL.  I do try to make at least one substantial post per weekday

Did you even read the responses? You clearly arent, because you would have seen that I was trying to clarify what I was asking.
I did read the responses.  And, yes, you may very well have been trying to clarify.  I don't see how that invalidates my suspicion of what you wanted that information for.

I think its good to always look back on what someone has posted when they come up on your radar. So yeah, I am.
Looking back is one thing, trying to do an in-depth analysis this early is another ...

Feels like an OMGUS, but I'm willing to chalk this one up to you having no idea how sarcasm works.

Please give examples of his active lurking, I dont see it.
Speaking of not reading ... I wasn't accusing 4mask of active lurking, numbnuts; I was questioning him accusing TDS of active lurking.

Keep flailing; it makes the noose squeeze more tightly.

origamiscienceguy:
Yes.  It was sarcasm.  You seem to have a better ability to spot it than our friend Peradon over there.
And you care that he got his actions in ... why?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2015, 06:40:27 pm »

origamiscienceguy:
Yes.  It was sarcasm.  You seem to have a better ability to spot it than our friend Peradon over there.
And you care that he got his actions in ... why?

I am sure that nobody, Persus13 included, would enjoy being killed before they got to do anything. He said he would be back today sometime, which could be after the grace period ended.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »

By the way, shakerag, does your avatar caption say "I'm just here for the evil friends"? (My German is a bit rusty)
If so, then that's amazing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2015, 06:58:06 pm »

Deathsword, a small pixie (patron imp of the infamous Death Sword Mercenary Corp), took exquisite delight in the pain he visited on his enemies. And his friends.  And, let us be honest here, his family (both close and distant) as well as acquaintances and fellow monks. He chose a pink mask to bring to the gathering to engender a sense of ease, a ploy to appear underwhelming.

Anyway, for whatever reason, he dropped down dead midway through the initial discussions of suspects.

"Aha!" cried one of the monks. "We have us a suspect. He carried malicious runes and everything!"

True enough, the pixie had some incriminating powers at his disposal. Nothing illegal, but certainly suspect.

"Oh wait," said one the initiates, "he was attending on the Doge these last two seasons so it can't have been him."

Well. So much for that.

Deathsword is dead. He was town.

Spoiler: Deathsword (click to show/hide)

4maskwolf
Peradon [1] - Shakerag
Shakerag [1] - Peradon
Varee
origamiscienceguy [1] - TheDarkStar
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [2] - Hector13, 4maskwolf
Deus Asmoth
Persus13
No Lynch

Hammer is now 6 votes. Day ends in 48 hours.

List of Active Masks
Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Cream, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

List of Dead Masks

Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:46:33 pm by notquitethere »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2015, 07:04:14 pm »

Wow, that was fast.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:03 pm »

Deathsword: You're scum again, aren't you?
I know that this is WIFOM, but I think that it is possible that someone wanted 4maskwolf framed because of this statement he made at the very beginning. Since the death happened exactly as the grace period ended, they probably queued it up early on. Now the question is who would want 4mask gone?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »

Deathsword: You're scum again, aren't you?
I know that this is WIFOM, but I think that it is possible that someone wanted 4maskwolf framed because of this statement he made at the very beginning. Since the death happened exactly as the grace period ended, they probably queued it up early on. Now the question is who would want 4mask gone?
Or, you know, they targeted a random mask and it just happened to be Deathsword.  That theory of yours only works if targeting was as usual.  While there is the possibility that they peeked and found him, it seems unlikely.  The answer to your question is "anyone not on the same team as him".

Shakerag: I call it like I see it.  When someone makes seven posts in a row that do nothing to further the game, with their only useful post being their first, it certainly perks up my ears.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2015, 07:36:16 pm »

Also, why is Peradon voting for himself?  Why isn't Shakerag's vote on Peradon?  Where's flabort's vote on TheDarkStar.  And I'm pretty sure there is one other vote missing from that votecount... Nevermind that was Deathsword and he died.  Hey, at least we know he wasn't scum for the third time.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74