Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101426 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:13 am »

I think that everybody who has had the time to post should have at least tried to accomplish something, either by stating their readlists, analyzing some posts for scumtells, etc.

These questions are some examples of how he wanted to learn to act town. At least in my opinion. Other people might interpret this completely different.
Tiruin: What kind of cooperation would be effective between town members with different sets of roles?
flabort: What powers are safe to randomly use without knowing who each mask belongs to?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2015, 12:20:21 am »

These questions are some examples of how he wanted to learn to act town. At least in my opinion. Other people might interpret this completely different.
Tiruin: What kind of cooperation would be effective between town members with different sets of roles?
flabort: What powers are safe to randomly use without knowing who each mask belongs to?

Mmm... I'm not sure he was learning to act town, but you could certainly put the spin that he's scum trying to figure out which powers to booby-trap or mess about with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:27 am »

Yeah I agree that its kind of a stretch.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:09 am »

Another theory regarding Deathsword's death:
He tried to kill somebody (he had the ability after all) and the person he hit had a reflect on them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2015, 12:39:34 am »

I was about to get hugely outraged that you were scum before realising that Deathsword's powers and stuff get revealed upon death.

Bed-time is totally not time to be trying to analyse shit in mafia, apparently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2015, 12:41:18 am »

lol

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2015, 12:59:39 am »

I definitely understand that, hector. Neither is during a 10 minute coffee break; I lost two games so far because of that. :P
Anyways, going to bed now, but just wanted to say:
Another theory regarding Deathsword's death:
He tried to kill somebody (he had the ability after all) and the person he hit had a reflect on them.
...that I was just about to say this.

It's very possible, anyways, but at the moment it's speculation. I think that any vig should buy Death Resistant out of policy, to avoid stuff like that, and other vigs; however, the game has already begun and as we can see there was at least one townie with a kill who didn't have Death Resistant. However, it might be a scum who performed the kill, it might be a third party, or another town member. Or maybe someone booby trapped an ability he used.

Too many possibilities; I think that the reflected kill is plausible on the boarder of likely, but I don't think we can say for sure.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:01 am »

If that theory is true then the mafia havent sue there kill yet ( or they use poison or other non instant version of kill.) So if another kill happen before the lynch then that theory is wrong.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:25 am »

If that theory is true then the mafia havent sue there kill yet ( or they use poison or other non instant version of kill.) So if another kill happen before the lynch then that theory is wrong.

What does sue mean?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:56 am »

I think he meant used...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2015, 02:06:57 am »

ah.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:00 am »

SO, I'm really catching up! Woo x_x
It seems like the day-actions occur right..a day or so prior to the lynch-date?

Reading most recent posts--I think its either something that occurs with Kill, Reflect, Booby-trap, Hypnotize, Redirect, Randomize -- all not necessarily occurring from or towards Deathsword, considering the vagueness of how I read it (ie I'm only looking at the death post, and the recentmost posts) [as far as I know, unless other powers are missing from the setup that could've occurred inwhat we see now]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:02 am »

Right... ah... Unvote since some UTTER BASTARD person seems to have given me a Guilty Conscience. Thanks!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2015, 10:38:39 am »

Right... ah... Unvote since some UTTER BASTARD person seems to have given me a Guilty Conscience. Thanks!
Are...you unvoting as a generality or is there something else which you'd think you'd spent your vote on in the future?
That could be a Curse or any affliated power, by the way.
...Given the strikethrough it seems you're new to this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2015, 10:44:04 am »

Are...you unvoting as a generality or is there something else which you'd think you'd spent your vote on in the future?

I'm unvoting because I'm not entirely convinced TDS is scum. He's acting scummiest so far, but this is D1. On a purely statistical level, he's more likely to be town, and if he does flip town, I'd die... and this is my first kinda sorta "real" mafia game, so I'm thinking lots of learning can be had with my continued existence.

I'll try to get rid of the flaw D2, because otherwise I'm a bit pointless.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74