Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101038 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »

In the last hours of the day, the monks had drawn up a slight handful of suspects but there was little consensus. The rain continued to pour, drumming on the canvas roof above them.

"Well..." said one, "who's getting executed?"

4maskwolf
Peradon [2] - Shakerag, Persus13
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy [1] - TheDarkStar
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [3] - 4maskwolf, origamiscienceguy, Peradon
Deus Asmoth
*Persus13
No Lynch

*(Extended)

Hammer is 6 votes. Day ends in 3 and bit hours or on the hammer.

List of Active Masks
Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Cream, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

List of Dead Masks
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:14 pm »

I might as well extend. I have more to say and there are open questions related to the lynch.

flabort:

pfp@shakerag:
I believe tunnelling is scummy because I have been accused of being scum for tunnelling before.
I don'tncare if it's your meta or not. It's still scummy.
No, I'm not saying everyone else has poor reasons, I'm saying he's doing something really wrong if so many people are convinced he's scum.

If I'm doing something "really wrong", what is it? Are you just going to go with the opinion of others?

Peradon: Why do you find me scummy? Can you explain this in detail again?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2015, 04:03:55 pm »

It could also mean that the mafia are pushing a mislynch on me. Saying that I'm scum because everyone else thinks so isn't actually a case.
True; the fact that there was so much evidence that you are scum, coupled with the way basically everyone finds you suspect, it's almot too convinient; at this point if you flipped town I think it would reveal next to nothing about the people voting you.

I doubt that you will flip town, but if you do, I think you need more practice.

PPE: I'll answer that later, no more time to typ
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »

Why would it reveal practically nothing if I flipped town? Wouldn't you get a large amount of information from seeing who voted me/pushed a lynch on me, when, and why?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2015, 04:12:47 pm »

Peradon: Why do you find me scummy? Can you explain this in detail again?
Well, to tell you the truth, I was begining to have doubts. But your voting for me seems like you're panicking a little bit, so it looks you're trying to get the votes tied up.

My original reason fro voting for you was because you were not making substantial posts. You seemed to be active lurking pretty hard. This post especially solidified my thoughts. You hardly said anything worth mentioning, making a huge post with 95% quotes. This would be something an active lurker would do.

Also, you havent commented on OSG's comment on that post, specifically your FoSing everyone, unvoting OSG, then FoSing him, then voting him again, which really makes no sense. It looks like you were panicking.

But, lately I have been rethinking your scumminess. Really, we dont have anything solid to go on. Only your active lurking. The reason I havent unvoted you was because then both you and I would have been tied for the lynch, and since I am self confirmed, I know for sure getting myself lynched would be bad.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 26, 2015, 04:16:02 pm »

My reason was your quick jump onto me. Also, even after everybody disagreed with your reasoning, you kept your vote on me. Why?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 26, 2015, 04:24:31 pm »

Darkstar has extended. Day ends in 26.5 hours time.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

Peradon: Your description of my post doesn't even match what I did. I unvoted OSG to show that I wasn't leaving an RVS vote on him, FoS'd three people to pressure them a bit, and then voted OSG again for something unrelated (A better post format would have been to combine the sections on OSG, but mafia isn't about critiquing post layouts). I didn't "FoS everyone" or "FoS OSG".

I've already answered OSG.

Right here.

Also, I extended in the same post I voted you to avoid a no-lynch.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2015, 04:42:22 pm »

Also, I extended in the same post I voted you to avoid a no-lynch and allow people like Tiruin and Persus time to post.

EBWOP

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »

I didn't "FoS everyone" or "FoS OSG".
Oh come on. I was using hyperbole, and you know it. You FoS'd 4 people in that post, which is quite a bit. Also, what do you call this:
This is a zero-effort bandwagon. OSG. You also say that you'd like a no-lynch. Why aren't you voting one way or the other?
That was in the post I was talking about. So, yes, you did FoS OSG.

I've already answered OSG.

Right here.
That post does not include any answer to OSG related to the other post. Apperantly I cant find the question OSG asked that I'm talking about. But I still think its a valid point, which you didnt answer in the post you linked.

Peradon: Your description of my post doesn't even match what I did. I unvoted OSG to show that I wasn't leaving an RVS vote on him, FoS'd three people to pressure them a bit, and then voted OSG again for something unrelated (A better post format would have been to combine the sections on OSG, but mafia isn't about critiquing post layouts).
It sure didnt look like that. From all the accusations against you for active lurking, it looked like you were just trying to look more active.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »

This is a zero-effort bandwagon. OSG. You also say that you'd like a no-lynch. Why aren't you voting one way or the other?
That was in the post I was talking about. So, yes, you did FoS OSG.

I had a comment, but the previous poster posted it first so I marked it as something less relevant.

Peradon: Your description of my post doesn't even match what I did. I unvoted OSG to show that I wasn't leaving an RVS vote on him, FoS'd three people to pressure them a bit, and then voted OSG again for something unrelated (A better post format would have been to combine the sections on OSG, but mafia isn't about critiquing post layouts).
It sure didnt look like that.

What do you mean? (Note to anyone else reading this: read over the post that Peradon linked and compare it to what he says).

From all the accusations against you for active lurking, it looked like you were just trying to look more active.

Why are you basing a case on me off what other people are saying? Rather than pointing out somewhere where I do something, you're saying that I'm scum because someone else says so. That's really lazy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:35 pm »

If I'm doing something "really wrong", what is it? Are you just going to go with the opinion of others?
Latter question first: Hell no. I can certainly form my opinions, and certainly didn't accuse you of active lurking on day 1 or bullcrap like that; I accused you of being narrow minded and attacking OSG for not giving enough information when he/she had already answered apparently to the satisfaction of the questioner.
What you are doing wrong is not trying hard enough to act how people expect a town player to act; whether you're town or scum, you've been pinging scum on several radars (I don't doubt that one or more votes/nonvoter-votes on you may be scum, but surely some of them are town)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:20 pm »

What do you mean? (Note to anyone else reading this: read over the post that Peradon linked and compare it to what he says).

Why are you basing a case on me off what other people are saying? Rather than pointing out somewhere where I do something, you're saying that I'm scum because someone else says so. That's really lazy.
That is not what I mean. I'm saying you reacted to everyone saying you were active lurking by making a huge post that is 95% quotes to make it look like your active. Dont twist my words.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »

I unvoted OSG to show that I wasn't leaving an RVS vote on him
Your vote on me wasn't an RVS vote. You clearly thought, or tried to look like you were making an actual case on me.
OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

Latter question first: Hell no. I can certainly form my opinions, and certainly didn't accuse you of active lurking on day 1 or bullcrap like that; I accused you of being narrow minded and attacking OSG for not giving enough information when he/she had already answered apparently to the satisfaction of the questioner.

RVS is a time for questions like that. It was still clearly in RVS.

What you are doing wrong is not trying hard enough to act how people expect a town player to act; whether you're town or scum, you've been pinging scum on several radars (I don't doubt that one or more votes/nonvoter-votes on you may be scum, but surely some of them are town)

So you claim I'm scum because I "don't look like town" to you. Thank you for that amazing revelation. Anything other nonobvious things to add? /sarcasm

I unvoted OSG to show that I wasn't leaving an RVS vote on him
Your vote on me wasn't an RVS vote. You clearly thought, or tried to look like you were making an actual case on me.
OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.

It was clearly RVS.

That is not what I mean. I'm saying you reacted to everyone saying you were active lurking by making a huge post that is 95% quotes to make it look like your active. Dont twist my words.

Quotes are good to have. Quotes give context. They also make it clear what questions are about. Are you actually telling me that it was a bad idea to use quotes? Also, that was my first big post this game. An active-lurking accusation in the first 24 hours of the game is ridiculous because practically all those posts are RVS questions or similar fluff.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74