Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 100735 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2015, 06:00:44 pm »

Quotes are good to have. Quotes give context. They also make it clear what questions are about. Are you actually telling me that it was a bad idea to use quotes?
That is not what I said. I said your quotes took up a huge amount of your post, making your post look big so that people couldnt say you were active lurking. Yes, quotes are good. But quotes can be used to hide non-content with big posts, which is what I'm saying you did. Now stop twisting my words.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2015, 06:02:36 pm »

Quotes are good to have. Quotes give context. They also make it clear what questions are about. Are you actually telling me that it was a bad idea to use quotes?
That is not what I said. I said your quotes took up a huge amount of your post, making your post look big so that people couldnt say you were active lurking. Yes, quotes are good. But quotes can be used to hide non-content with big posts, which is what I'm saying you did. Now stop twisting my words.

How am I twisting your words? You said that it was bad that my post was mostly quotes and so I explained why I used quotes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:56 pm »

The point of RVS is to get people talking. The votes increase the urgency. Your vote was on me with an explanation that would have been reasonable if it had made any sense. While RVS is sometimes based on minuscule details, you kept on insisting that I was at fault. This is clearly shown by how long it took you to get your vote off of me. Despite everybody telling you that your claim had no legitimacy, you kept your vote on me for far to long I think that this means that your vote was not RVS intended.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 26, 2015, 06:07:30 pm »

The point of RVS is to get people talking. The votes increase the urgency. Your vote was on me with an explanation that would have been reasonable if it had made any sense. While RVS is sometimes based on minuscule details, you kept on insisting that I was at fault. This is clearly shown by how long it took you to get your vote off of me. Despite everybody telling you that your claim had no legitimacy, you kept your vote on me for far to long I think that this means that your vote was not RVS intended.

I'm telling you now that it was RVS so that you know for sure. If you don't believe me, there isn't much else I can do.

Everyone who thinks I'm scummy: Can you summarize your case on me? From what I can tell, it boils down to "I don't like the way you voted in RVS" and "Active lurking in the first 24 hours".
Everyone who doesn't: What do you think of the people currently voting for me?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2015, 06:09:14 pm »

I'm telling you now that it was RVS so that you know for sure. If you don't believe me, there isn't much else I can do.

That's the thing. I honestly don't believe you. The way you acted is contrary to what RVS is.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:35 pm »

How am I twisting your words? You said that it was bad that my post was mostly quotes and so I explained why I used quotes.
You also claimed I said it was universally bad to use quotes, which is not at all what I said, and you know it. I dont even see how it can be construed that way. It seriously looks like you are trying to pin something on me that I never said.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »

Oy! TDS*! Now you're deliberately misinterpreting my posts.

If I'm doing something "really wrong", what is it? Are you just going to go with the opinion of others?
Latter question first:
This was an important part of my post. How could you miss it?

Are you just going to go with the opinion of others?
Hell no. I can certainly form my own opinions, and certainly didn't accuse you of active lurking on day 1 or bullcrap like that; I accused you of being narrow minded and attacking OSG for not giving enough information when he/she had already answered apparently to the satisfaction of the questioner.

RVS is a time for questions like that. It was still clearly in RVS.
And they had clearly answered the question, and even if you didn't like the answer, the person who asked the question was was fine with it . What is wrong with "There is more than one right answer, depending on what your playstyle is any power is the most powerful", except for it doesn't tell you what power you can booby trap to kill that person off?
If that weren't bad enough, you just couldn't let OSG go; once you had no excuse to follow the train of thought, you find a new reason to vote him. Two reasons, even; "0 effort bandwagon" and "double standard", just in case someone could disprove one, you'd still have the other to fall back on. This is definitely tunneling.
If I'm doing something "really wrong", what is it?
What you are doing wrong is not trying hard enough to act how people expect a town player to act; whether you're town or scum, you've been pinging scum on several radars (I don't doubt that one or more votes/nonvoter-votes on you may be scum, but surely some of them are town)
So you claim I'm scum because I "don't look like town" to you. Thank you for that amazing revelation. Anything other nonobvious things to add? /sarcasm
I did say that is answer is what you were doing "really wrong", right, and not why I thought you were scum? OH, I DID? Yeah. I'm sorry if "Latter question first" was nonobvious, but I'm only saying if so many people find you scummy for all these multiple reasons, including the reasons I find you scummy for (which are NOT "everyone finds you scummy"), then you're doing something wrong.

*No, since it's still day 1 I still can't vote. I just thought I should reinforce that I'd be voting you if I could.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »

Everyone: You do know that TDS is not a new player right? He's newish, but he's been playing for maybe a year now.

Flabort: Why haven't you responded to my giant post earlier? You've been posting in thread and responding to other people, why ignore me?

How is he doing this?

Hell no. I can certainly form my own opinions, and certainly didn't accuse you of active lurking on day 1 or bullcrap like that; I accused you of being narrow minded and attacking OSG for not giving enough information when he/she had already answered apparently to the satisfaction of the questioner.

And they had clearly answered the question, and even if you didn't like the answer, the person who asked the question was was fine with it . What is wrong with "There is more than one right answer, depending on what your playstyle is any power is the most powerful", except for it doesn't tell you what power you can booby trap to kill that person off?
If that weren't bad enough, you just couldn't let OSG go; once you had no excuse to follow the train of thought, you find a new reason to vote him. Two reasons, even; "0 effort bandwagon" and "double standard", just in case someone could disprove one, you'd still have the other to fall back on. This is definitely tunneling.
Why does the question asker being fine with the answer provided and TDS not being fine an issue? If you're trying to indirectly accuse TDS of rolefishing, be explicit about that or stop prancing around that accusation because it's making me really confused on why your attacking TDS over this unless that's what you're trying to do. Even then, why is Peradon not getting any flack for this either? Secondly, you view the post where TDS responded to pretty much everyone and FOSed 4 people but kept his vote on OGS as tunneling?

What you are doing wrong is not trying hard enough to act how people expect a town player to act; whether you're town or scum, you've been pinging scum on several radars (I don't doubt that one or more votes/nonvoter-votes on you may be scum, but surely some of them are town)
So you claim I'm scum because I "don't look like town" to you. Thank you for that amazing revelation. Anything other nonobvious things to add? /sarcasm
I did say that is answer is what you were doing "really wrong", right, and not why I thought you were scum? OH, I DID? Yeah. I'm sorry if "Latter question first" was nonobvious, but I'm only saying if so many people find you scummy for all these multiple reasons, including the reasons I find you scummy for (which are NOT "everyone finds you scummy"), then you're doing something wrong.

*No, since it's still day 1 I still can't vote. I just thought I should reinforce that I'd be voting you if I could.
So you're saying that people find TDS scummy because he's not playing the "town" way? Why do you feel like you need to give TDS advice anyway?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:35 pm »

EBWOP: The bottom half of my previous post with less formatting issues.

How is he doing this?

Why does the question asker being fine with the answer provided and TDS not being fine an issue? If you're trying to indirectly accuse TDS of rolefishing, be explicit about that or stop prancing around that accusation because it's making me really confused on why your attacking TDS over this unless that's what you're trying to do. Even then, why is Peradon not getting any flack for this either? Secondly, you view the post where TDS responded to pretty much everyone and FOSed 4 people but kept his vote on OGS as tunneling?

So you're saying that people find TDS scummy because he's not playing the "town" way? Why do you feel like you need to give TDS advice anyway?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #354 on: February 26, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »

Some of the lay-monks dutifully cast Delay on the sun and the arguments rumbled on into the extended afternoon.

4maskwolf
Peradon [2] - Shakerag, TheDarkStar
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy
Flabort [1] - Persus13
Hector13
Tiruin
*TheDarkStar [3] - 4maskwolf, origamiscienceguy, Peradon
Deus Asmoth
*Persus13
No Lynch

*(Extended)

Hammer is 6 votes. Day ends in 22 hours or on the hammer.

List of Active Masks
Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Cream, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

List of Dead Masks
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:11:56 pm by notquitethere »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2015, 09:07:45 pm »

Even then, why is Peradon not getting any flack for this either?
I'm pretty sure someone did  mention this a while back. I pretty much said that it was not my intent to rolefish, and it was entirely for the sake of RQS.

So yeah.

NQT: Is that a mess up, or can 4mask actually vote?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 26, 2015, 09:11:40 pm »

The vote count contains no votes from any player who has the 'unable-to-vote' flaw, I've double-checked.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 26, 2015, 09:21:14 pm »

Spoilers because WoT

Spoiler: Response to TDS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Response to Persus (click to show/hide)

He did say it's the first game of CYOM that he didn't take that flaw; or rather, he said it's the first game where he started with the power to vote.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2015, 09:50:22 pm »

[EXPLETIVE_DELETED], look at all the shenannigans you all got up to while I was gone.

Last I checked it was on page 22.  Now we're on page 24.  [EXPLETIVE_DELETED]

So many [EXPLETIVE_DELETED] WoT's, and all this when I'm trying to post from an iPad.

Alright, time to catch up.

URRRRRRRRKKKK all of the shenanigans.  Why is this day still going?

Damn it, Darky, at this point we're not going to gain any more information without a lynch happening.

Peradon, I just want you to know that you're next on my "vote off the island" list for blatant bandwagoning.  You honest-to-God just took my argument about him being active-lurky, which was somewhat flawed to begin with (but the second-best lead I had at the time after his pressuring OSG for silly reasons) and turned it up to the point of ridiculousness.  The only new thing you have contributed to this is pressuring him about misinterpreting something you wrote, which only came much later.  On top of which, you failed a test I ran earlier but didn't comment on at the time (namely, you backed off of Shakerag just because I told you something about his meta, which may or may not be true and has nothing to do with your own experience, indicating wishy-washyness and desire to please, both scum traits).  The ONLY reason I'm not voting your scummy hide right now is that TDS's blatant misrepresentation of people's points puts him a hairs-breadth ahead of you on the scumminess meter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2015, 09:56:04 pm »

>_>
<_<
Alright, I am totally nearly indisposed here due to net issues and that I'll mostly likely probably not be able to connect during the weekends.
...Is it possible to ask for a temporary replacement for D1~ and then replace back when I get back? I did make notes on what recently occurred though, so anyone who has questions to me please ask (though I did lost my D1 question set...so I can't give back at the moment though)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 74