Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 100720 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2015, 03:10:44 pm »

His argument is opinion based as well. If you think he was tunneling you (he kind of is) you should have kept arguing until people noticed him tunneling you. You would just have to convince enough people off of you and you would be in no danger. 4maskwolf can't lynch you by himself. Instead, you just gave up and basically said "you'll regret this when you find out I'm town" which is not in the towns benefit whether you are scum or town. TheDarkStar has been constantly trying to defend himself while you just sit here and quit.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:04 pm »

Peradon: You're absolutely right, there was a human element to each of those tests.  There is a human element to EVERY test.  This is a GAME of the human element.  You can't say "your tests are invalid" because there is some chance for a false positive, because a) it isn't a definitive test in any event and b) EVERY interaction test has a chance for a false positive.  I don't know you.   I don't know your metagame.  I don't know how you play.  So I have to make my tests as general as possible, so the chance of error is quite high.  What you are missing is that those tests were just the icing on the cake of scumminess, and that all they did was tip you just ahead of TDS in my mind (whom you were barely behind).  Your giving up when you are one vote behind is suspicious as hell, as OSG beat me to saying.

Did you actually read other games to see if Shakerag is normally that sarcastic?  I don't know.  Only you know that.  I can't confirm or deny you doing that.  All I have to go on in that regard is what you said about your unvote, which was basically "since you guys say that Shakerag is like that" without even the slightest hint that you had done your own research.

If you are town, I do sincerely apologize, and no matter your alignment I hope you don't hold it against me in the long run.  I'm not normally this critical and aggressive: I reserve those aspects of me for mafia games.

PPE x2: OSG is providing good advice, although tunneling isn't necessarily a scum thing to do or a town thing to do.  Toonyman and mastahcheese are both known for their use of the tunnel as both scum and town.

I'm also not saying "you're wrong" and leaving it at that.  At this point, though, I'm not sure if you could convince me not to lynch you, because it's late in the day and at this point we need to see a lynch.  In the end, even a town lynch provides the town with information, which they can then capitalize on in the upcoming days.  This setup is also heavily townsided, so a town lynch is less detrimental than it might otherwise be.  I'm not saying we can lynch with abandon, but I'm confident enough in you and TDS's scumminess that I'm going to push a lynch on one of the two of you today, even though there's a chance I could be wrong.  Because that chance is always there, no matter the setup.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2015, 03:28:10 pm »

His argument is opinion based as well. If you think he was tunneling you (he kind of is) you should have kept arguing until people noticed him tunneling you. You would just have to convince enough people off of you and you would be in no danger. 4maskwolf can't lynch you by himself. Instead, you just gave up and basically said "you'll regret this when you find out I'm town" which is not in the towns benefit whether you are scum or town. TheDarkStar has been constantly trying to defend himself while you just sit here and quit.
I'm not quitting. I'm trying to get as much info out as possible, thus my reads. Plus, I offered the argument above my reads.

And no, I didnt see him tunneling me. I'm angry with him because of his fake tests that no one cares about. I point it out, and all he has to do is say "Thats not what I meant" and my argument is gone. He has set up the perfect lynch on me, because I cannot combat him on that no matter what I do.

.....So yeah, maybe I am giving up a bit.

Ok then.

LETS DUKE IT OUT, 4MASK!

What makes me scummier than TDS? Where is my scummyness really? All your mentioning right now are the tests. So give me something that is definitivly scummy!

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2015, 03:44:04 pm »

To everyone who hasn't voted:
You have had a week at this point. Why haven't you voted?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »

And, don't you dare extend. There are enough conversations to make an educated vote.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

And, don't you dare extend. There are enough conversations to make an educated vote.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »

origamiscienceguy:
To everyone who hasn't voted:
You have had a week at this point. Why haven't you voted?
Do you know of other people who can vote but haven't?

NQT:  Votecount, please.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2015, 03:56:43 pm »

Shakerag: Explain why you are voting for me. You kind of left it there from the sarcasm incident.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2015, 04:10:36 pm »

I'm going to say that I don't think that Peradon or TDS are scum. It seems more like they're victims of circumstance to me and I'd be inclined to show mercy to Peradon on account of it being his second game. At the minute, I'm most suspicious of Varee and Deathsword. Deathsword because his posts have been very short for the most part, Varee for the same reason and because no lynching is not a pro town action.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

I'm going to say that I don't think that Peradon or TDS are scum. It seems more like they're victims of circumstance to me and I'd be inclined to show mercy to Peradon on account of it being his second game. At the minute, I'm most suspicious of Varee and Deathsword. Deathsword because his posts have been very short for the most part, Varee for the same reason and because no lynching is not a pro town action.
Deathsword died...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:32 pm »

pfp
flabort:
That's interesting, because the traditional Toony Tunnel was seen as a method to root out scum, as I recall. 
snip
You literally said: "Man, I don't know how you managed to top the charts of so many people."  That seems to imply you're not sure why so many other people find TDS scummy.  Is that not what you intended?
How the hell is a "toony tunnel" suposed to work? He badgers the guy until he gives up or confesses? In either case, the result is the same: the guy he tunneled would end up dead. I don't see how that finds scum unless Toony happens to get lucky.

Tunneling detracts from your scum hunting by making you narrow-minded, instead of being able to consider one possibility you're focused on MAKING your reality into the truth. This does not make sense to be part of a person's meta because (trust me, I know this  from exp) it makes them a bad town-player and a suspicious scum player.

As for what I meant, perhaps it would have been better to say "it is unbelievable that you'd be playing so bad that so many people suspect you".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2015, 04:25:01 pm »

Deathsword died...
gods damn it, why do I keep forgetting who's dead in these games...
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »

You sound like you are giving up. Or trying to guilt-trip us into unvoting you. This is extremely anti-town as a townie would know he is innocent and try to persuade us rather than do this.
  Unvote TDS
Vote Peradon

Spoiler: Your reads list (click to show/hide)

Whoa there, sunshine. This smacks of a quick excuse for getting on a bandwagon. Perry was 4th most scummy in your reads list, TDS was #1, is AtE really enough for you to propel him up three places over everyone including your number 1 scum read?

You know this is Perry's second game; TDS is more experienced than he is so obviously he's going to fight to the last. 4mask also changed their vote ~6 hours before day end. That's ultra suspect in my eyes.

Both you and 4mask have been on TDS for most of the game, why the sudden change of heart now, so close to the day end, giving Perry pretty much zero time to defend himself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2015, 04:36:24 pm »

4mask was arguing with peradon since yesterday. I thought that peradon was innocent until I saw him try to guilt-trip 4mask into voting off of him. To me, this is the most scummy thing done this game.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »

I was not guilt tripping anyone. I was trying to get as much info out as possible before the lynch, because afterwords, I wont be able to talk at all.

True, I did give up for a minute there, but when you pointed it out, I snapped right back out of that, because you were entirely right, I should be fighting to defend myself.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 74