Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101272 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2015, 04:41:58 pm »

Anyway, I'll reveal my powers and such if there is no chance that I get saved. For now, my fate is in your hands.
This looks like guilt-tripping to me. You are basically saying "if I get lynched, it's your fault"
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2015, 04:42:28 pm »

4mask was arguing with peradon since yesterday. I thought that peradon was innocent until I saw him try to guilt-trip 4mask into voting off of him. To me, this is the most scummy thing done this game.

More scummy than TDS's entire game!?

I am literally aghast that one thing that your 4th scumread can do, short of telling everyone they are scum, propels them above someone you've been voting for pretty much the entirety of D1.

You claimed in the previous BM game that you played a game based on logic. I want you to explain the logic that Perry's singular scummy action is so much more scummy than TDS's game to this point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

No, I wasnt talking to 4wolf, I was talking to the lurkers. I pretty much said as much when I said I have no chance unless the lurkers come out of the woodworks.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »

Peradon:  My answer is going to depend on your response to my outstanding question to you.

Deus Asmoth:  While I'm not keen on meta arguments, I can see that (outside of this game) it looks like Varee suggested a no lynch on D1 three times, and was town two of those times.  Given that suggesting a D1 no lynch around these parts is Highly Frowned On wouldn't Varee catching flak for suggesting a D1 no lynch make him a victim of circumstance as well?

gods damn it, why do I keep forgetting who's dead in these games...
Pay attention more, maybe?  Given that you listed two people who you suspect and one of them is dead (and has been for a while), you're not exactly filling me with confidence that you're actively participating in this game at all.

I'd be inclined to show mercy to Peradon on account of it being his second game.
Why?  If he wants to join the big boy/girl games, we're going to treat him like a big boy/girl.  Kid gloves are for the beginner's mafia games. 

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2015, 04:59:03 pm »

Peradon:  My answer is going to depend on your response to my outstanding question to you.
I thought I did answer that. Basically, hyperbole and sarcasm are different. Sarcasm can be misunderstood a whole lot easier, especially the amount you put on earlier. Hyperbole is a whole lot easier to spot. But I see what you mean. I'll refrain from using hyperbole in the future.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »

Actually, scratch that. Hyperbole is fine, and you know it. Sarcasm is not, on the other hand.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2015, 06:08:58 pm »

The sun lays low in the sky as the assembled monks choose their final suspects. Some of the order stare with distrust at the sun, willing it to sink beneath the horizon. The apprentice monks gather up eye baths for those that stare too long.

4maskwolf
Peradon [4] - Shakerag, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, 4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy
Flabort [1] - Persus13
Hector13
Tiruin
*TheDarkStar [1] - Peradon
Deus Asmoth
*Persus13
No Lynch

*(Extended)

Hammer is 6 votes. Day ends in 1 hour or on the hammer.

List of Active Masks
Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Cream, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

List of Dead Masks
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2015, 06:10:48 pm »

[sarcasm]Guys, dont make me stop this sun again![/sarcasm]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »

Hey Peradon, sorry about not responding to you quicker, I could see every post that was going on but couldn't comment.  My class starts after lunch at 12:30 my time, your post came in at 12:28 when I was in the process of going to said class, and my high school blocks Bay12 on the wifi.  However, I've set my notifications to alert me and give me the content of every post as it happens.  But still, sorry we couldn't have our big epic showdown debate, I guess.

You aren't much scummier than TDS, you're pretty much on par with each other.  OSG jumped WAY up there for bandwagoning and buddying, but he's still behind the two of you.

Your scumminess is all over the place, from bandwagoning and wishy-washyness to the silliness of your OMGUS against me.  You basically had me jump from second-towniest to second-scummiest over my choice of tests.  Perhaps my test could have been better, but they were what I could think of at the time.

Also, there is no such thing as "definitively scummy".  Scumminess is what we make of it, and what I find scummy might be completely normal behavior from another person's point of view.

Lemme see anything else directed at me... apparently not.  Huh.  I thought there was for some reason.

I'll try to post a reads list as soon as I can when the new day starts, my reads have changed since last time and will change more depending on Peradon's flip.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2015, 06:29:15 pm »

So your saying that if it werent due to your inherantly flawed tests, the only thing you have on me a an OMGUS(Buzzword!) and a bandwagon? You yourself said that I shouldnt hold back from voting for fear of being labled a bandwagoner. So really, you only have an OMGUS on me? And that somehow beats evasion of questions?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2015, 06:53:33 pm »

So your saying that if it werent due to your inherantly flawed tests, the only thing you have on me a an OMGUS(Buzzword!) and a bandwagon? You yourself said that I shouldnt hold back from voting for fear of being labled a bandwagoner. So really, you only have an OMGUS on me? And that somehow beats evasion of questions?
You're misinterpreting what I said about bandwagoning.  You're bandwagoning was egregious and a major scumtell, and your defense keeps coming back to an impossible to defend point which is that my tests were flawed.  They weren't flawed, they were subjective.  EVERYTHING in this game is subjective.  If you dislike my conclusions I drew from them, so be it, but in my mind, the way I see things, they gave me a scummy reading off of you.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:21 pm »

Then your interpretation of bandwagoning is entirely different from mine. By your logic, anyone who agrees with someone and votes based on the agreement is scummy. I just dont see that.

Also, you're a sly dog TDS, for getting out of a lynch like that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 27, 2015, 06:59:47 pm »

"Peradon! Which one of you is Peradon?" one of the monks shouts.

Everyone is silent.

"Well, there's an easy way to do this," says another monk, "who has the largest stomach?"

Everyone takes two steps away from the rotund figure in the Cream mask. His robes are red with white fur trimmings, and he carries a large sack over-flowing with presents. Peradon, the selfish santa.

"Look! Is that a djinn?" shouts Peradon, pointing to the far corner of the marquee tent.

Everyone turns around and when they turn back Peradon has left the marquee tent. The remaining monks as one call upon the name of the mud to swallow the fleeing man. A few hours later, night fallen, and Peradon's smothered corpse is retrieved from the mud. In his pockets was an expired miller-license. Only the most noble can join that much maligned order and he was thus post-humously ruled out as a suspect.

The sun quickly rises and the monks reassemble for the next day of investigations.

Peradon is dead. He was town.

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

On Day 1, Turquoise targeted Gold.

(Note: lynch triggers before the post-lynch effects, so Peradon's Blatant, Broadcaster and Mole flaws do not trigger on D1.)

Spoiler: Final Vote Count (click to show/hide)

Everyone who is not Dense, gain +1 xp. Everyone who is Insidious gain +1xp. If you met the conditions for Bloodythirsty, gain +1xp. If you are Simple, make sure you do not gain more than +1xp. The thread will be locked while lynch triggered effects are implemented.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2015, 07:57:12 pm »

Day Two
Santa Claus Has Left Town

The monks stared at each other across the table with the list of suspects. The rain continued to batter down on the roof of the marquee tent. Nothing had changed in a day except for the fact that there were two fresh corpses and a whole lot of questions.

Votes
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Deus Asmoth
Persus13

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Updated List of Costs (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th, or on a hammer of 6 votes. The kill action won't come into effect until Tuesday 12AM. If you've got an action queued, give me another hour or so to process it before you bombard me with PMs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:25:05 pm by notquitethere »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »

You owe me an answer, Origami
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74