Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101048 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 10/∞
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 10:29:59 am »

Er... in. This will almost certainly confuse me greatly.
You and me both...
Hey, its you guys! :D
Alright, filling you out briefly.

This is like an RPG. You create your character. This is Mafia. So its like a Mafia RPG where you create your role.

When the game is filled with player slots (and replacement slots--there'll mostly be one person in need of a replacement in these games, somehow, but its also great to have other people watching the thread), then we will all be assigned our alignment.

That is when Role Creation starts, with the 10 points // +5 bonus points from flaws.
That's when you make your role, suggestively tailored to the alignment you have been given (ie Scum teams would be advised to make teamwork-roles, or go alone...though this is not recommended.)

So its rather a game which builds your scumhunting and deduction sense, rather than rely on the ol' vanilla hardset of Roles and setup debating. Its you and the world vs the World.

Also this game has undergone nice field-test changes!
There is no more of:
-Day abilities.
-Recycle.
-Everything else 4mask mentioned.
-Many, many tweaks!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:36:01 am by Tiruin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 11/∞
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2015, 10:45:06 am »

Well that's good, I was rather thinking it would be quite messy with all the roles and not much scumhunting... but I'm just a slightly more seasoned n00b than Peradon, so I would think that :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 10:47:56 am »

I'm sure it will sill be messy, but in a good way :) I can imagine a townie pardoning a mafia and other shenanigans happening.

Question: do the mafia gt an automatic kill, or does one of the mafia have to take the kill ability?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2015, 10:50:03 am »

I'm sure it will sill be messy, but in a good way :) I can imagine a townie pardoning a mafia and other shenanigans happening.

Question: do the mafia gt an automatic kill, or does one of the mafia have to take the kill ability?
The latter, there is no factional kill.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 11:02:22 am »

got it. I assume that the mafia are not the main killers in this game though
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »

It was pretty brutal for everyone, including the unlucky scum players, but especially for the hapless good-natured town players that chose solid investigative roles and immediately had all their powers stolen by their more avaricious team-mates.

I remember changelings filled with flaws crippling the scum team with a lucky hit.
That was TheDarkStar, yes.  In addition, he gained the scum player's innocent, which outed Objective then and there, particularly when Jack confirmed it with flavor cop.  Which was funny, we might have lynched him there, but the converter was more important.  Thanks to NativeForeigner, we found the converter (Deathsword/Persus13) and kept the game from being a complete blowout scum victory.  Tawarochir had kind of outed himself the day before by quickhammering P-Luke, and so it basically came down to Jim Groovester or Leafsnail as the last scum.  TDS shot Jim, we lynched Leafsnail the following day, and then it came down to finding who the scum had converted that night.  The logical choice was mastahcheese, as he had the most points, so I roleblocked him and Jack, independently reaching the same conclusion, inspected him with his infalliable alignment cop.  So he couldn't do his shennanigans, we lynched him the next day, and at that point it was a curb-stomp.

Hehehe Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade went differently, but I think someone else should explain that one.  Changeling had to be nerfed after that one, let's put it that way.
You're forgetting Mastahcheese asked to be inspected by Jack, but yeah, this is a pretty good summary.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:47 pm »

They would like to be, but haven't been.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »

I'll probably look to start the game tomorrow, but it would be good to get at least 12 players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 01:58:25 pm »

But prime numbers are awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 02:04:01 pm »

We could aim for 13 to keep it prime...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 02:09:19 pm »

That sounds like a good idea. I choose to believe my lucky number is 13...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 02:55:30 pm »

Screw it, I'll IN. I really want to try some stuff with the abilities I suggested and made it in.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 12/∞
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 03:17:53 pm »

Hehe... I know what my powers are going to be now....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

Remember to tailor them to your role though :P no point in being able to murder everyone if you're a townie.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »

Remember to tailor them to your role though :P no point in being able to murder everyone if you're a townie.
Oh?  You don't know me very well ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74