Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101403 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2015, 06:13:03 pm »

That is my opinion. There is no actual proof that he lied. That is why I voted peradon over TDS because there was a chance that he was telling the truth. I've mentioned this several times already.

Indeed. You also said you believed TDS wasn't telling the truth, several times already. For example, here, here, here, here and here. You weren't convinced TDS was being honest, with the only inference anyone can make from that being that you think he was being dishonest, or, more simply, lying.

Town have no reason to lie, but they are allowed emotional responses. Why is an emotional response scummier than lying?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »

I THOUGHT HE WAS LYING, BUT THERE WAS A CHANCE THAT HE WASN'T. (hopefully you'll see it this time)

Peradon's emotional responce was giving up, which town has no reason to do.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 28, 2015, 06:22:21 pm »

Why is an emotional response scummier than lying?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:31 pm »

It is not.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 28, 2015, 06:28:52 pm »

Jesus fuck Origami was that so hard? If I have to ask you every question a handful of times, this is going to take a fucking age.

Now, given you seem to like statistics, there was a chance that (given how we're all humans and are prone to emotional outbursts) Perry's reaction to realising he was going to get lynched, because of two deadline changed votes, was town motivated. Does that sound reasonable? If so, next paragraph, otherwise, why not?

Why is that chance of a town-motivated emotional reaction more scummy than the chance that someone might be lying, which is arguably never town-motivated?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2015, 06:33:21 pm »

Now, given you seem to like statistics, there was a chance that (given how we're all humans and are prone to emotional outbursts) Perry's reaction to realising he was going to get lynched, because of two deadline changed votes, was town motivated. Does that sound reasonable? If so, next paragraph, otherwise, why not?

There was a chance that Peradon was Town (obviously) But, I do not see any way in which Peradon purposefully did those actions to benefit the town. So no, I don't think that his actions were town motivated.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:25 pm »

Do you see any reason that peradon might have purposefully gave up, or used guilt tactics, to increase the town's chance at winning?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:19 pm »

oh Jesus Christ you two...

This was a post I was trying to post earlier but the wifi at the ski lodge was fucking with me and I couldn't.
Quote from: 4maskwolf
As I said, and as anyone who's played with me for a long time can tell you, I'm not good with words.  "Wishy-washy" was my phrase I used to mean "lazy voting patterns without reasoning, usually involving changing votes without a clear reason".  Which still doesn't say exactly what I meant by it, but what have you.  You'll note that in the time between my vote and unvote on OSG he responded to a question, which gave me information with which to make a new decision, and my reason for unvoting was because of that, whereas Peradon, who I called "wishy-washy" stated his reason for unvoting as "Everyone else says Shakerag is like this" and only later said that he'd done his own research and thinking on the matter.

Also, I hate to interfere, but to avoid frustration on both sides I'm going to say this: OSG is explaining his logic behind it.  He has several times.  We may call bullshit on it and not think it is legitimate, but he is explaining it.  What he's basically been saying is, and correct me if I'm wrong OSG, "I was uncertain about TDS and the guilt-trip was egregious enough to make me think Peradon was more scummy."  But more to the point, what you said there about him not explaining is blatantly false.

This next part is me speaking out of exasperation and as an outside observer, so I may be entirely wrong.  Who knows.

hector, origami, you're both talking past each other.  origami, I see where you're coming from, even if I don't agree with you.  But you're bunkering down behind a point that, from my perspective, is impossible to defend.  hector13, I see where you are coming from too, but you're missing the point behind OSG's argument.  And OSG, in turn, is missing the point behind yours.

Let me put this in very blatant terms for the two of you.  I may be misrepresenting your points, but I'm tired and in a bad mood and don't care.  There is no way to deter grumpitude at this point.

For origamiscienceguy: hector is saying that even though the book says giving up is scummy, it is a natural human reaction to facing an impossible situation, and that his giving up could have been just a town member's response to perceived inevitability.  No, that doesn't mean that he should have given up, but that's not the point: the point is that both town and scum do that, so how is such an action more scummy than a possible lie, as both have possibilities either way.

For hector13: origamiscienceguy is saying that from his view, taking an anti-town action is scummier than possible lying, especially when the motivation behind said anti-town action is impossible to discern.  In the case we have here, Peradon gave up, which is an action that benefits the town not at all and can possibly benefit the scum with confusion if done by town, which FOR HIM warranted a vote over the possibility that TDS was lying about something, the truth behind which was also impossible to determine.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2015, 10:21:32 pm »

I'm still catching up and going through Day 1. Owing to time restrictions, I've only gone through 4mask's, Shakerag's, and Varee's posts.
May I ask why?
First three on the list.

Going through Day 1 events person-by-person (and skipping off-topic or irrelevant posts), he's an overview of what has happened:

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Varee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OSG (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DA (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Persus13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reads (click to show/hide)

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2015, 10:34:41 pm »

TheDarkStar: I'll need them to actually post today to get a read on them.  Tiruin is out right now, Persus is who knows where, and Asmoth needs to post more, but I'm leaning slightly town on Deus Asmoth.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2015, 09:01:38 am »

There was a chance that Peradon was Town (obviously) But, I do not see any way in which Peradon purposefully did those actions to benefit the town. So no, I don't think that his actions were town motivated.
Was lynching someone who was exhibiting an emotional reaction really a better choice that lynching someone you thought was probably lying, since you were reading him as scum anyway and it would have cleared up whether he was lying or not?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

Was lynching someone who was exhibiting an emotional reaction really a better choice that lynching someone you thought was probably lying, since you were reading him as scum anyway and it would have cleared up whether he was lying or not?
This is basically what I was moving toward with all that nonsense.

Now I understand why Origami was avoiding answering my question, because it was basically incriminating himself, but yeah, I got a bit carried away with making him answer it, which made it look as though I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

I was it just didn't matter what he said about it, because lying is much, much worse than giving up 5 hours before the deadline because two people changed their vote. Which is why my vote remains on Origami.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2015, 10:54:08 am »

I was it just didn't matter what he said about it, because lying is much, much worse than giving up 5 hours before the deadline because two people changed their vote. Which is why my vote remains on Origami.
inb4 guilty conscience lolz.

Could everyone post update reads lists?  Mine hasn't changed since the one after D2 starts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2015, 10:57:28 am »

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

I'll do reads later, little busy right now, but to answer your second question (and an I apologise for the language; tired Scotsman) no cunt is posting.

I can't ask questions of anyone beyond 4mask (of whom I would say I've scumhunted, a little more aggressively than I would have liked but I still did it) and Origami (of whom I... was probably tunneling, but he's my top scum-read right now) because they were the only ones posting.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 01, 2015, 11:03:15 am »

I keep trying to complie a read list and giving up, there just not really anything I feel like is telling me someone is town or scum. The whole actively hunting is a town thing and lazy backseat is scummy doesnt really work for me.
Hector and OSG just have massive amount of post that dont really have much content i think.
Wolf have been interacting with many, same as flabort.
Shakerag Ds and tirurin isnt here much.
myself also dont really have much to offer in term of content.
I dont really see how you could compile a read list from the exchanges, I feel the read people have been compiling is either base on policy or is biased ....

Maybe it only me but the only thing am waiting for is someone to start demanding a mass claim and compare info .....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74