Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101333 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2015, 11:10:25 am »

Varee and Deus Asmoth: Why weren't you voting on day end.  Sorry if you've already answered, but I'll be damned if I'm reading back after staying up so late last night.  hector13 is excused by guilty conscience, flabort by unable-to-vote, Tiruin partially due to general inability to post, and Deathsword because some ass killed him, but you two have no excuse that I've seen.

(The only reason I mentioned Deathsword was because I forgot someone had been killed D1 and was trying to figure out why my numbers weren't adding up (I was trying to add up 6 voting players, 3 excused players and 2 unexcused to 12))

hector13: What information are you trying to get out of origamiscienceguy, at this point?

Persus13: How many bops do I need to give you to get you to actually play?  Also, please explain why your vote was on flabort at day end.

flabort: Do you have anything to say?  At all?  Because your activity level has dropped significantly since the beginning of D1, and while I recognize that RL is probably part of that I'd like to hear your thoughts on the current day.

PPE: Varee: yeah, reads list are obviously going to be subjective, but sometimes you can find out scum that way.  A massclaim, you say?  I'm certainly willing to share my role and all of its permutations throughout time.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2015, 11:13:41 am »

my vote didnt show up ...... I think something happen to it, I did vote for no lynch. I still believe that by lynching, you guys are just fulfiling the trickster goal ....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2015, 11:14:32 am »

my vote didnt show up ...... I think something happen to it, I did vote for no lynch. I still believe that by lynching, you guys are just fulfiling the trickster goal ....
Right okay yeah I forgot about that, you are excused.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:25 am »

The rain falls on. One of the lay monks starts frying some acid toad legs for a late breakfast.

"You've got to pretty much cremate them before they're edible," he explains, "but there's nothing else you can cook with tarragon in these parts so it's sometimes worth the effort if you're looking to use up the last of your herb supplies."

Meanwhile, the full monks continued plotting which of their number should be executed next.

Votes
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy - [4] - Hector13, Flabort, 4maskwolf, Deus Asmoth
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Deus Asmoth
Persus13

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th, or on a hammer of 6 votes. The kill action won't come into effect until Tuesday 12AM.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:35:28 pm by notquitethere »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2015, 12:20:01 pm »

NQT, I voted for origami as well.

Mask, I took unable to vote.

hector, do you still have a guilty conscience, and if so are you planning to unvote before day's end?

Varee, the town doesn't lose if the trickster wins. Why is it worth giving the scum team the massive advantage of not lynching anyone just to deny a third party victory?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 01, 2015, 12:23:14 pm »

Deus Asmoth: Why did't you declare it when I first asked if anyone had the flaw?

hector says he got rid of it, IIRC.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 01, 2015, 12:28:24 pm »

hector13: What information are you trying to get out of origamiscienceguy, at this point?

I was basically trying to get him to admit that an emotional response wasn't as scummy as lying, despite his other nonsense. I realised I was perhaps being a bit silly about that after I got the answer though :-\

hector, do you still have a guilty conscience, and if so are you planning to unvote before day's end?

I do not still have a Guilty Conscience, unless someone does something terrible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2015, 12:35:21 pm »

DA: explain to me how our day one lynch helped town? The wincon is just a side effect. Town is not limited to lynching as we have seen vigilante exists. How would mafia gain advantage if I refuse to lynch a town?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:59 pm »

DA: explain to me how our day one lynch helped town? The wincon is just a side effect. Town is not limited to lynching as we have seen vigilante exists. How would mafia gain advantage if I refuse to lynch a town?
The issue with this argument is that we don't know if the person with the most votes is town or scum.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2015, 12:55:38 pm »

Exactly so you are more likely to do mafia a favor instead of helping town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2015, 12:57:02 pm »

Exactly so you are more likely to do mafia a favor instead of helping town.
So you'd rather we go with the strategy that was tried last game and vig our way to victory?  Except that I, as scum, was the one to propose that plan and had a workaround, and with the greater arsenal available here I'm sure any scum would be able to find a workaround for any plan the town as a whole makes.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2015, 01:01:15 pm »

I didn't say lynch is bad, but blindly lynching on gut feeling is bad. So either we find more information somehow or you continue to do that. I won't try argue against 8 people. I kinda have a plan tmr though so we will see.....

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:43 pm »

Mask, I did. I'll get the quote in a while.

DA: explain to me how our day one lynch helped town?
We know that Pera was town and can examine the cases put against him, which I am trying to do with Origami. Note the difference between that and DS's death, which gave no information to work with.
The wincon is just a side effect. Town is not limited to lynching as we have seen vigilante exists.
We've seen one kill, which was more than likely done by the scum. Is your plan for the game to refuse to vote and hope that we have enough vigilantes to out kill the scum?
How would mafia gain advantage if I refuse to lynch a town?
Unless you know who's mafia and who isn't, this is a stupid question. If you do know who's scum and who isn't, this is a stupid question because you're admitting to being scum. Varee.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2015, 01:45:49 pm »

flabort: Do you have anything to say?  At all?  Because your activity level has dropped significantly since the beginning of D1, and while I recognize that RL is probably part of that I'd like to hear your thoughts on the current day.
Yeah: Arg computer crashed while writing revised reads list.
And I feel like I've been reacting and not acting enough, but every time I try to think of some way to inject some more activity into the game, I'm coming up blank this week so far.

TDS: You asked questions to Tiruin, Hector, Varee, Shakerag and 4mask. How come no question to me?

Varee: At this point you are at best a doctor or Philanthropist, because there is no-way anyone is believing that you are town. At worst, you are a scum who's buddy is a networker and you've been swapping powers via changeling to farm points or whatever. The day 1 changeling gave you enough points to buy free- or prolific or something to use cleanse and copycat.
If, in the case you're a doctor, there are 12 players and you need 6 alive at day 4, or at game-end. There are two dead already, both town. If there are 4 anti-town players out there, then you need them and only them to die to end the game and still win; or, 3 or less deaths by day 4. We've already seen that at least one player possessed a kill, so it's unlikely for you to complete that goal. If one more town dies, then your only hope is to protect, protect, protect until day 4.
If, in the case you're a philanthropist, which you deny, then if you haven't completed your goal so far then you have to find some other strategy; this is your best hope for being town-aligned in our eyes.
That leaves 4 very antitown 3rd-party possibilities, with the thief being potentially the least antitown of those, and the possibility that you're scum. Counting the doctor case as half-town aligned, and the denial of being a philanthropist as the same, then you have a 1/7 chance of not being detrimental to everyone (6 third party+scum=7 possibilities). I'd take those odds,
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

You've misrepresented 4mask two times there, though the second one was much more egregious than the first. Why are you trying to portray 4mask as requesting others to policy lynch another player when he did no such thing?

I'd also like to point out your lack of linkage is noted, making people actually have to go back and look themselves that what you say they said is what they actually said.

Spoiler: My reads list (click to show/hide)

Unvote. Vote TDS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74