Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101362 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2015, 07:52:32 pm »

Well yeah... but that's why I asked everyone's opinion on his behaviour. I see it as scummy buddying, but I think he's scum. It might be confirmation bias.

PPE:
We all have opinions about the game. And they are usually different from the other players. But they should still be shared, or else those opinions are useless. That's how I feel about it anyways.

That bit. Like I say, could be confirmation bias, but I said I didn't think there was anything useful to be added in arguing the point anymore, while you said everyone's opinion has value only if it has been voiced.

PPE2: 4mask, the confirmation bias ninja.

PPE3: scary role combos. C-C-C-Combo Breaker?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2015, 07:53:02 pm »

EBWOP: first bit was for Tiruin, after the quote was for Origami
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2015, 08:07:34 pm »

Idk.  I'm trying to come up with some way to break the scumteam(s), but I'm nothing is coming to mind.  I'm just sure the town will lose if we keep telegraphing our lynch criteria to the scumteam(s)...
I know for a fact that the scumteam or someone hilarious is using a combination of a changeling, reflect and infect combination however. >_>
* 4maskwolf almost chokes on his glass of water

You WHAT?!?!?!
How in all flavor of damnation to you know this?
Err, well, not exactly 'direct' but I found out that the recent Changeling FUN has Infect snuck in.
Changeling copycat, whatever, I had too many people (seemingly?) touch my mask before :I
I think ts because my color is a bit more common or 'fancy' <_<

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

Err, well, not exactly 'direct' but I found out that the recent Changeling FUN has Infect snuck in.
Changeling copycat, whatever, I had too many people (seemingly?) touch my mask before :I
Hold up.

Just explain in basic terms what happened here, without mentioning your mask color.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2015, 08:24:48 pm »

Hold up.

Just explain in basic terms what happened here, without mentioning your mask color.

I'm seconding this. Also, do you still have your role?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »

Oop, infected or poisoned.

Well let's see. I'll PM NQT first a big question.
Also, do you still have your role?
This is important, why? :P

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

Flabort: During Day 1 you said that handing out power is good for town, Why did you change your mind now?
Yes, I did say that, didn't I?
But I didn't say the reason I was voting you was because of you handing out powers. I'm voting you because of the shear SCALE of those powers.

I'm voting you because at this point I had begun suspecting that you could not possibly be able to do this on your own; I had thought, at first, that you had found a patsy that you could use to do it, or something else somewhat benign; hense my question about self-changeling being a possibility.
But today you handed out three powers; changeling, copycat, cleanse. Aint no way that you could do that with a self-+networker type deal, and using changeling on a patsy would mean that you couldn't use it again, not unless you already gifted a copy of changeling to the patsy. Which would be as expensive as a self+-networker deal. So by the shear volume of points required by day 2 to pull that combo off, I deduce that you aren't working alone; I would understand if you got the points to do it via some absurd combo, but then you wouldn't be able to have given everyone changeling on the first day.
Therefor, I believe you to be scum.

PPE: 15 posts
Tiruin, I don't understand. Are you saying that by receiving the cleanse, we've been infected? Well, well, well, Varee. Your plan was to stealthily kill everyone all along.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2015, 08:52:38 pm »

Oop, infected or poisoned.

Well let's see. I'll PM NQT first a big question.
Also, do you still have your role?
This is important, why? :P

I got changelinged and I ended up with a possibly similar one. Nevermind, I realized what happened.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2015, 08:53:48 pm »

Wait! Tiruin, are you saying that by varee giving us all changeling day one, we all could be infected? 
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2015, 09:00:52 pm »

What in all flavor of damnation is going on here... stop making accusations until we have a chance to sort this out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2015, 09:02:09 pm »

Oh, and flabort, how do you know he gave all of those powers to us, IIRC he said he only can give one power each day.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2015, 09:38:31 pm »

Wait! Tiruin, are you saying that by varee giving us all changeling day one, we all could be infected?
No, I'm not saying anybody in particular because it seems--ultimately instead of a possibility--that the scumteam actually did use the changeling power in order to kill as many as possible along with the power of RADIANT

3 – Radiant (Each time someone successfully targets you, that action is also copied onto a random player)
So when 'copy' is said:
4 - Changeling (target player gains all your powers/flaws/autos and you get the powers/flaws/autos of your target.)
This occurs.

Why I say so is because of the torrent that had happened before--and that given my mask color is unknown to anyone, and the primary reason why I suspect its a scum-move is because this happened:
Quote from: Changelog 2.0v
February 27, 2015, 7 pm
Changeling, Changeling, Unstoppable, Mercenary, Afflicted, Dense

Changeling, Changeling, Unstoppable, Mercenary, Afflicted, Dense, Guilty Conscience

February 27, 2015, 9 pm
Cleanse, Changeling, Changeling, Changeling, Unstoppable, Mercenary, Afflicted, Dense, Guilty Conscience

February 27, 2015, 10 pm
Cleanse, Copycat, Unstoppable, Mercenary, Afflicted, Dense, Guilty Conscience
I cleansed myself, selling off Copycat and boom--no change.

So I'm really under the obvious inclination that poison and infect is at use.
And given that I'm claiming anyway:
My mask is Silver.

No, this is not any convoluted plan but me noting the overt power of what just happened initially (7pm~ log) given that I had no powers of the contrary mentioned at all.

Note the many changelings.
Note me saying that I self-cleansed and nothing changed.
Note the obvious LACK of
3 - Circumspect (you always know the reason why your actions fail and you always know if you've been poisoned or infected)

...I knew I should've picked Grounded firsthand. -_-
Oh, and my initial role was:
10 - Booby-trap (Pick a power: until the end of the day, players that use this power are killed. This counts towards the scum-team kill limit.)
And a Self-Protect, because I initially assumed that Booby Trap could be taken as an action (given its indirect nature) ALONG WITH any other power; Booby-Trapping Booby-Trap (which was my D1 action), would actually rebound.

I did not inquire further. So yeah.
What in all flavor of damnation is going on here... stop making accusations until we have a chance to sort this out.
Not accusing, but am telling beforehand.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2015, 09:40:58 pm »

Well flabort, networker gave everyone the power, including myself. So it is not impossible for me to do that. Also using copycat use all my power on the networker, giving 2 copy of everything. It is very possible to execute with flexible. And clense is not for infect/poison, It is mostly for em to clear the -5 flaw i took day 1.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2015, 09:42:47 pm »

Wait are we claiming now? I will explain how i did what i did if you want me to flabort :D
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:19 pm »

...Varee..I'm only claiming because of the hilarity that happened and warning ahead that there is a subtle POISON/INFECT IN PLAY.
I do hope that was overt in between the lines there. :v
My post is still as ambiguous to anyone's jurisdiction as it initially was.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 74