Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99714 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 10/∞
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:07 pm »

Er... in. This will almost certainly confuse me greatly.
You and me both...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 10/∞
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

There's still a safety buffer at day start so that someone not around doesn't get instakilled, right?
This is correct:
24 hours of grace period.

You have time to set up protects, redirects etc.

This will almost certainly confuse me greatly.
Hopefully.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Sign Up! - 11/∞
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

Pfft, this is my first non-beginner game, if anyone's going to get confuddled, it'll be me.

Either that, or I'll Mr. Bean my way to a win.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »

I would love to join, but I think I'm fairly booked with real life affairs.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:57 pm »

Pfft, this is my first non-beginner game, if anyone's going to get confuddled, it'll be me.

Either that, or I'll Mr. Bean my way to a win.
Hehe... this will be my second mafia game... ever....

So trail by fire!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 08:18:42 pm »

I would love to join, but I think I'm fairly booked with real life affairs.
That's a shame. If you become more free, feel free to jump on to the replacements list.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 08:34:50 pm »

hehehe I remember the first CYOM....

That was a game of broken powers and massive swings of fortune.

To break it down, there were five broken powers:
Convert: did the obvious for the scumteam, cost 7 points.
Fortune Teller: gave a FULL list of everything in play, and was the only reason the town won that game.
Flavor Cop: 2 points, gave flavortext based on the targets powers and autos, the problem is that it basically served as power cop for three fewer points given the way the flavor was written and the limited power options.
Infalliable Alignment cop, and the whole alignment cop related powers
Recycle.  Because goddamn recycle-sap.
Basically, recycle was a three-point power that sold all of the target's powers and autos back at full price.  This game also had nights, and you should know that power buying only happened RIGHT before the night phase started.  There was also a day modifier for powers.  So people would recycle at night, then sap during the day: you were stuck at 0 points with all of your flaws and nothing else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:19 pm »

It was pretty brutal for everyone, including the unlucky scum players, but especially for the hapless good-natured town players that chose solid investigative roles and immediately had all their powers stolen by their more avaricious team-mates.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:51 pm »

I'll in as a replacement.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2015, 08:57:11 pm »

Yes... very interesting...
Inflate, Recall, and flexible together are only 10 points. You could inflate Recall and then if other people did the same, you could earn a ton of points to buy something good on day 2 or 3.

3-4 people with this strategy could make a 4-8 point profit, and have all the points invested into Recall back, by day 2, or 8-16  plus the original 7 by day 3. It could make for a very rich town if more people do the same.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2015, 10:48:14 pm »

Watching this one.

Sadly my endless free time I've been enjoying for the past many months is coming to an end.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 11:23:11 pm »

hehehe I remember the first CYOM....

That was a game of broken powers and massive swings of fortune.

To break it down, there were five broken powers:
Convert: did the obvious for the scumteam, cost 7 points.
Fortune Teller: gave a FULL list of everything in play, and was the only reason the town won that game.
Flavor Cop: 2 points, gave flavortext based on the targets powers and autos, the problem is that it basically served as power cop for three fewer points given the way the flavor was written and the limited power options.
Infalliable Alignment cop, and the whole alignment cop related powers
Recycle.  Because goddamn recycle-sap.
Basically, recycle was a three-point power that sold all of the target's powers and autos back at full price.  This game also had nights, and you should know that power buying only happened RIGHT before the night phase started.  There was also a day modifier for powers.  So people would recycle at night, then sap during the day: you were stuck at 0 points with all of your flaws and nothing else.
You forgot how extremely broken Miller was, and how Tiruin and some others got a ton of flack for not picking Miller.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 09:05:07 am »

It was pretty brutal for everyone, including the unlucky scum players, but especially for the hapless good-natured town players that chose solid investigative roles and immediately had all their powers stolen by their more avaricious team-mates.

I remember changelings filled with flaws crippling the scum team with a lucky hit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 09:16:17 am »

Hmm that kinda remind me of something......
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 10:02:43 am »

I remember changelings filled with flaws crippling the scum team with a lucky hit.
That was TheDarkStar, yes.  In addition, he gained the scum player's innocent, which outed Objective then and there, particularly when Jack confirmed it with flavor cop.  Which was funny, we might have lynched him there, but the converter was more important.  Thanks to NativeForeigner, we found the converter (Deathsword/Persus13) and kept the game from being a complete blowout scum victory.  Tawarochir had kind of outed himself the day before by quickhammering P-Luke, and so it basically came down to Jim Groovester or Leafsnail as the last scum.  TDS shot Jim, we lynched Leafsnail the following day, and then it came down to finding who the scum had converted that night.  The logical choice was mastahcheese, as he had the most points, so I roleblocked him and Jack, independently reaching the same conclusion, inspected him with his infalliable alignment cop.  So he couldn't do his shennanigans, we lynched him the next day, and at that point it was a curb-stomp.

Hehehe Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade went differently, but I think someone else should explain that one.  Changeling had to be nerfed after that one, let's put it that way.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:11:33 am by 4maskwolf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74