Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101325 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »

TheDarkStar: You were a vigilante in Choose-Your-Own-Mafia and shot at least one of the scum players.  Do you believe that town vigilantes should shoot indiscriminately or hold their fire until they are sure?  Does that unknown factor of the masks change your decision on that?

Vigilantes should hold their fire even more than usual. If they can link a mask and a player who would be a good target, they could act, but random firing is more likely to kill a town-aligned person.

Note that this is only true if it's not a shoot-or-lose situation.

TheDarkStar: Apparently there was a forum game named after you in FGRP, how do you feel about that?

Annoyed but not surprised. There are lots of different places that use places and people with my username that are unrelated to each other. Why do you ask a question that is so unrelated to mafia?

4maskwolf: What do you think of the stranger third party alignments? Also, what do you mean by four civilians/where did you see that?
Tiruin: What kind of cooperation would be effective between town members with different sets of roles?
Shakerag: Why are you scum?
flabort: What powers are safe to randomly use without knowing who each mask belongs to?

PPE:

DarkStar, you've been scum in all the games you and I have been involved in. What will you be doing to prove otherwise in this game?

everyone: How do you think the booby-trap power will affect your play?

I'll play a much more town-oriented game.

Probably not much; the odds of my power(s) being picked as trapped are low.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:55 pm »

4maskwolf: What do you think of the stranger third party alignments? Also, what do you mean by four civilians/where did you see that?
I'm not entirely sure what to make of them, to be honest, I'd have to see them in action first.  It listed there being 16 figures, but there are only 12 players.  Thus, the other four are the starting patsies with one power and one auto that were mentioned earlier.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2015, 06:36:23 pm »

Sorry about the double-post.

TheDarkStar: How would you define town-oriented in such a hellishly unpredictable game?  Would it be purely playstyle based or are there certain builds that are more "towny" than others?

Unvote

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2015, 06:36:55 pm »

Mask:Hrm... I guess a good lesson would be that trusting your gut is often a good thing, but it shouldn't be something you trust above evidence. Also, to never get invested in a case on someone to the point where you refuse to consider other possibilities, but also not to abandon a case on someone just because there's a chance they might not be scum. And just because I don't like a person's methods, it doesn't mean they're scum. And finally, origamiscienceguy is secretly an evil Japanese spy here to murder us all.

Have you started your gambit yet?

origamiscienceguy, are you an evil Japanese spy here to murder us all?

Hector: It seems a bit pointless to tie myself in knots over something I can't influence at all, so I'll be trying to ignore it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »

Mask:Have you started your gambit yet?
Now now, calm yourself.  There are ways to gambit in this game, but there are also much more efficient ways of play that don't require taking risks.  No, I haven't started any gambits.

It seems a bit pointless to tie myself in knots over something I can't influence at all, so I'll be trying to ignore it.
There is an auto which allows you to ignore it, actually.  I believe it's called "cautious".

Hector13: Why ask us about that specific power?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2015, 06:51:25 pm »

4mask: I mean people with a town wincon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2015, 06:53:01 pm »

I was referring to when you said "I'll play a much more town-oriented game".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »

Hold on what the hell?

TheDarkStar how the hell did you even misinterpret that?  And you didn't actually answer my question at all.

Fricking being sick making me miss stuff and having to post repeatedly.

I should probably go back to homework now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:55 pm »

Hector13: Why ask us about that specific power?

It's the most OP power in the game. You get killed for being active, using your powers, not because someone targeted you specifically for DEATH!

I would also just like to bring it to everyone's attention, in case they forgot about it or something. We need to be a bit more careful with our actions, because (as far as I can tell from the rules) it's only the scum who are limited to one kill with the booby-trap power.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »

I was referring to when you said "I'll play a much more town-oriented game".

Oops, I though you were referring to my vigilante-related comment about town-aligned people.

Anyway, playing a town-oriented game means actively trying to find ways to help the town win and scumhunting.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »

flabort: Last game, you were thoroughly duped into supervigging the crap out of the town.  Have you learned your lesson about trusting people?
Ayup.

everyone: How do you think the booby-trap power will affect your play?
Not sure. I don't think I plan on using it, so it doesn't affect me in that way, and I don't have any guesses as to what other people will want to boobytrap.

flabort: What powers are safe to randomly use without knowing who each mask belongs to?
Ones that don't target masks, such as inflate, grand swap, Recall, booby-trap, etc.
Ones that only gather information, such as Power-Cop, Peek, scan, etc.
Ones that are completely self-serving, such as Purchase, Graverob, self-reflect, sap, etc.

Varee What power do you think went most underused in the past two games?
Deathsword When is the most appropriate time for a mass claim in this set-up?
Deus Asmoth As the only townie in a double-LYLO situation (1 of each faction, no 3rd parties), what do you do? Assume that both scum teams already reached their kill limits.
Peradon What flaws could you consider to be un-town-like? What flaws are basic gimmes for town?

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2015, 07:25:27 pm »

TDS: Fair enough.  Unvote

flabort: Amusingly, you.  I'm not entirely sure how you did it, but you managed to stay alive for quite a while in Overlord after being outed as scum by a confirmed cop, and that takes a certain amount of luck and skill to do (to be fair, there were obfuscations to that game, but still).  After you, Tiruin, because nobody suspects her and her play is very good when she has time to play.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2015, 07:29:28 pm »

TheDarkStar: Apparently there was a forum game named after you in FGRP, how do you feel about that?

Annoyed but not surprised. There are lots of different places that use places and people with my username that are unrelated to each other. Why do you ask a question that is so unrelated to mafia?
I was really just looking for an excuse to ask you that. RVS is the only place where I could actually fit that kind of silly question in.

Deathsword When is the most appropriate time for a mass claim in this set-up?
Power mass-claim, mask mass-claim or both? With the patsies, it gets pretty dangerous to claim masks at any point (unless they all get taken out), because scum and third parties can use that easily fakeclaim. As for claiming powers... I really don't know. LYLO for sure, MYLO maybe.

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?
Tiruin is often overlooked as scum for some reason, probably how friendly she tends to be. Shakerag is probably one of the most experienced players around. Either of them, if I was scum and could choose.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »

Not sure, really. I've only played with Origami, Peradon and DarkStar to any great extent. The two former are about as experienced as me, and DS was lynched both times as scum so I'm disinclined to like that :P :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »

Tiruin because she always seems town. 4mask because of his ability to fake a flawless plan.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74