Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101401 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2015, 07:40:44 pm »

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?

Not sure, really. I've only played with Origami, Peradon and DarkStar to any great extent. The two former are about as experienced as me, and DS was lynched both times as scum so I'm disinclined to like that :P :))
It's really just to clear it up, but he is TheDarkStar, or TDS. I'm DS. Otherwise I foresee a lot of confusion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?

Not sure, really. I've only played with Origami, Peradon and DarkStar to any great extent. The two former are about as experienced as me, and DS was lynched both times as scum so I'm disinclined to like that :P :))
It's really just to clear it up, but he is TheDarkStar, or TDS. I'm DS. Otherwise I foresee a lot of confusion.

Ah. This again...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2015, 07:46:06 pm »

Peradon: I haven't really seen you play that much.  How many mafia games have you participated in?
Yeah, this is my second game, and I lost pretty bad in my first, so I will either flourish in this setting, or fail terrably.
PeradonDo you feel lucky?[/color]
Not particularly. But this game isnt one of luck, but rather one of logical deduction, so I'm not terrably worried.
Peradon, Origami, how do you think your experiences in the Beginner's game will influence your performance in this game?
Well, I certainly wont trust you until I am absolutely sure. (For those who dont know, Hector fooled the whole town into thinking he was the towniest.)
everyone: How do you think the booby-trap power will affect your play?
It wont really. I dont think I should worry about it this early in the game. Later on when people know some more about other targets, then maybe I start worrying.
Peradon What flaws could you consider to be un-town-like? What flaws are basic gimmes for town?
Well, I'm not sure. Looking back, pretty much all of the -2's are anti-town, but pretty much all of them are anti-town anyway. But blatant is fairly safe I think, maybe broadcaster too.
Well, if I were scum, Hector, definately. But I'm not scum, so this doesnt really apply to me....

Deus Asmoth:That question about Origami seemed to be trying to shift attention. Why did you ask such a non-related question?

Hector13:Assuming you're town, how would your play differ from when you were mafia in the last BM?

We also seem to have four civilians...
4maskwolf:Where the heck did you get this? I dont see anywhere that is says this.

Also, you guys post fast...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2015, 07:51:33 pm »

4maskwolf:Where the heck did you get this? I dont see anywhere that is says this.
There were 16 people mentioned in the Day 1 start post and only 12 players.  Simple math works wonders.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »

Well, if I were scum, Hector, definately. But I'm not scum, so this doesnt really apply to me....
Why are you so focused on making sure to indirectly tell everyone how much you are not scum?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2015, 08:11:25 pm »

Why are you so focused on making sure to indirectly tell everyone how much you are not scum?
Uh, I'm not. I put the if in there because I didnt want to say I'm scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2015, 08:19:09 pm »

Peradon:  The entire second sentence in the quote provided was unnecessary, redundant, and fishy: you'd already said how you weren't scum, it wasn't necessary the first time, and generally that kind of thing is frowned on.  You're new, so you may not have learned that yet.

Deathsword: seeing as how you said:
Either of them, if I was scum and could choose.
I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to point out that Peradon did it too.  Care to enlighten me

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2015, 08:33:16 pm »

Peradon, shift attention to who? And what attention am I trying to shift, exactly?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

Peradon:  The entire second sentence in the quote provided was unnecessary, redundant, and fishy: you'd already said how you weren't scum, it wasn't necessary the first time, and generally that kind of thing is frowned on.  You're new, so you may not have learned that yet.
I dont see it as fishy, but ok.

Peradon, shift attention to who? And what attention am I trying to shift, exactly?
I dont know, I was hoping you would answer that for me. Why did you post a rediculous question like that? It does nothing to aid the town, and makes it look like you're trying to look like town(due to the making light of a situation).

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »

There were 16 people mentioned in the Day 1 start post and only 12 players.  Simple math works wonders.
Hehe.... oops. I thought you said townies, not civilians...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2015, 08:46:57 pm »

Because it amused me. Now, why does my question make you so suspicious, yet Mask asking Deathsword if he's scum or not gives you no pause for thought whatsoever?

flabort: I suppose in that situation the only thing I can do is lose. Whichever scum team I kill off will just result in a win for the other one, won't it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »

Uh, because at least his question had something to do with the game. Yours had no relevence at all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2015, 08:52:50 pm »

Eheheheh what just happened?

Did that happen to anyone else?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2015, 08:57:50 pm »

Deathsword: seeing as how you said:
Either of them, if I was scum and could choose.
I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to point out that Peradon did it too.  Care to enlighten me
Why I said "if I was scum" is because I actually got voted on in one of my first games. I pressed Peradon on it because not only they decided to do it twice, it was even in italics to add further emphasis.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »

Hector13:Assuming you're town, how would your play differ from when you were mafia in the last BM?

Not sure if it'll be noticeable really, but my questions will be to actually garner information instead of making me look townie. I'll be looking at what the other players posts a bit more intimately to see if I can figure out their motivations, and thus their alignment.

I'll still be treating this as a learning experience too, though, seeing as there are more players, and more players with experience that I can learn from. RVS/RQS is still an area of the game I'm not sure about, so hopefully actually being involved in a game will help me with how to deal with that, as well as improving my analysis skills.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74