Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101353 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2015, 09:14:15 pm »

Mask, what happened?

Uh, because at least his question had something to do with the game. Yours had no relevence at all.
So you're fine with jokes as long as they don't reference something you don't immediately understand? Because that's literally the only difference between those questions. Since you're accusing me of trying to deflect attention to someone else, could you tell me what attention I'm trying to deflect and who I'm meant to be deflecting it to? An answer other than 'you tell me' would be appreciated. Why does me making a joke make you think I'm trying to look like town? Would a scum player not make jokes, or do town players just not make jokes without an ulterior motive?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2015, 09:19:19 pm »

Mask, what happened?

Since you don't know, I'll reserve that information until a later date.  But, uh... Thank you to whoever did that?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2015, 09:42:56 pm »

Eheheheh what just happened?

Did that happen to anyone else?

Yep  ::) (in a few rounds, actually).

I gained and then lost two copies of Changeling. I also now have Afflicted, Mercenary, Dense, and no more XP.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2015, 09:45:10 pm »

The first grumblings start to occur as the various monks elbow their way to the front of the crowd and peer at the list of suspects.

Deathsword -
4maskwolf
Peradon [1] - Deathsword
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [1] - Hector13
Deus Asmoth  [1] - Peradon
Persus13

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends in something like 93 hours.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:48:18 pm by notquitethere »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:05 pm »

Eheheheh what just happened?

Did that happen to anyone else?

Yep  ::) (in a few rounds, actually).

I gained and then lost two copies of Changeling. I also now have Afflicted, Mercenary, Dense, and no more XP.
That's... not actually what happened to me... I just gained changeling once...
That sucks...

Yeah, see, were you a networker per chance?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2015, 09:59:59 pm »

Well that was quick....
Mask
Do you enjoy the rolename you were given by NQT?

Not really, I think you can do better than that NQT
DS
If you had a different alignment, would you have picked different powers?

Maybe, It can be alot of fun  if you can coordinate wiht a few people to create a really cool combo.
Hector
How do you think the booby-trap power will affect your play?

Not really as I feel thoses will be target at more common power.
Flabort[quote]Varee What power do you think went most underused in the past two gamesFor one it protect, most people seem more selfish than helping other, maybe with the new third party wincon this will change. Changeling is also  "Underused" It have so much more potential but after what just happen this might change :P

Tell me if I mis anything.....

This seem like a trap ...
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2015, 10:07:11 pm »

Not really, I think you can do better than that NQT

...ok

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2015, 11:04:03 pm »

I thank whoever sent me that changeling; TDS from the sounds of it.

Varee, whilst your role-name may not be anything to call home about, I think mine is plenty flavorful. Even if it is just one two words. Gaining changeling changed it, which I think is one of the best parts of the game flavorwise.

Deus: I actually had a specific solution in mind to that scenario: Buy a free-kill or otherwise some form of multikill attack, kill both scum teams, and ignore the lynch. ;) My goal in asking this question was to prove that even in the most hopeless situation, you can buy and use these powers to win. Hopefully that situation doesn't come up, nor will there be a situation in which you have already lost but are still in the game, but I'm pretty sure that I've just proved that with enough thought, this setup can be plied to your advantage.

Tiruin What third party wincon would you pick if you had to be third party?

Peradon Interesting. To address your second question first, why wouldn't that question apply to you? It's a typical question of RQS (I've seen it I don't know how many times), and really applies to everyone. Moving on, your choice of Hector doesn't seem odd, but "I don't trust you" followed by "you'd work well as my teammate" followed by "Assuming you're town" all in the same post talking about the same person seems... confusing.

Hector13 What are the signs of buddying? What are the signs of distancing? Do you think anyone has exhibited these signs this early yet?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2015, 11:11:00 pm »

I'm not a networker, but I think a networker got targeted. I'm not sure why I had a second copy; are there any powers that would cause it?

Just wait until someone targets a kill at the networker.  :o
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2015, 11:35:27 pm »

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: Ah, you again.  Have you read the previous two games?
No.

TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Why are you scum?
Because your mom likes the bad boys.

Ugh.  Screw weekend starts.  I'm going to go drink until I forget that I signed up for this clusterfuck of a game. 

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2015, 12:45:58 am »

Uh, because at least his question had something to do with the game. Yours had no relevence at all.
So you're fine with jokes as long as they don't reference something you don't immediately understand? Because that's literally the only difference between those questions. Since you're accusing me of trying to deflect attention to someone else, could you tell me what attention I'm trying to deflect and who I'm meant to be deflecting it to? An answer other than 'you tell me' would be appreciated. Why does me making a joke make you think I'm trying to look like town? Would a scum player not make jokes, or do town players just not make jokes without an ulterior motive?
...Ok, I give you that...
Unvote
Peradon Interesting. To address your second question first, why wouldn't that question apply to you? It's a typical question of RQS (I've seen it I don't know how many times), and really applies to everyone. Moving on, your choice of Hector doesn't seem odd, but "I don't trust you" followed by "you'd work well as my teammate" followed by "Assuming you're town" all in the same post talking about the same person seems... confusing.
Well, I wasnt mafia, but I guess my play will differ in that I will be less trusting. So yeah, it does apply to everyone..

What I was saying was that I will be less likely to trust Hector this round, but I would like him as a teammate(If I'm mafia) because he had great mafia play. The assuming you're town bit was just RQS...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2015, 02:36:35 am »

Okay, I wont have much time untill Sunday Afternoon, so i'll just answer all the questions at me for now.

origamiscieneguy: Good to see you again.  How do you believe your last-day performance in Overlord will affect people's perceptions of you?
During that game, I was playing completely by the books. I am trying to find my own way of playing now.

Origami, how do you think your experiences in the Beginner's game will influence your performance in this game?

everyone: How do you think the booby-trap power will affect your play?
This time, I will try to be more aggressive in my scum reads since last time, being cautious got me lynched.
Booby-trap will not affect my attacks, unless I know someone has one. For now, I won't care about it since there is a very small chance that it will be an ability I have.

Quote from: Deus Asmoth link=topic=148604.msg6053073#msg6053073
origamiscienceguy, are you an evil Japanese spy here to murder us all?
I am not sure what ethnicity I am, but I am not a spy.

Everyone Who would you most want, of the players in this game, to be on a scum team with you and why?
Hector13 because we had a very good town synergy in the most recent vengefull mafia game so we would most likely be a good scum team together. We just seem to be compatible.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2015, 04:11:32 am »

Shakerag Who would be an ideal scum partner for you? What is your favorite scent of color?

Oragami What would be the fastest way for a thief to earn more points, theoretically?

4maskwolf Do you think there is any use to buying the self-upgrade for Changeling? What reason?

TDS What would you be doing right now if you had been the networker? Do you think you got changeling'd after you gained changeling from the networker?

Hector Why do you think multiple people would choose you as their scum partner? Do you believe this will have any effect on the game?

Peradon Which masks would you target with a Santa/Gift style power, if you didn't know anything about them but their color at this point?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2015, 04:20:40 am »

Flabort : What do you think is the reason everyone is getting changling power/ do you think this is helpful to a certain side or completely a joke?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:18 am »

Mask : Are you planing to do something with the power you recieved? why did you thanks whoever did it?
TDS :Can you share what role/power you have loss?

Peradon/Origami/Deus : We never played in the same game before, which role do you think have the easiest wincon? why?

TDS : If you target a mask an found out that he is a networker, will you share that information?
Shakerag : What power would be the most useful to be distribute via networker?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74