Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101409 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:20 am »

Flabort : What do you think is the reason everyone is getting changling power/ do you think this is helpful to a certain side or completely a joke?
The only way I can think of for so many people to gain a power at once is someone has networker. The only two ways that this could intentionally happen are if the changeling or networker were on a team, or if the networker used a self-changeling (7 points for networker and 6 for self-changeling is a lot, though). Since the changeling ability distributed did not come with self-, I surmise that it was either an accident or a team working together.

As far as who it would benifit most, anyone who bought flexible can treat it as a free 4 points. It can cause mass confusion among non-insured people, benefiting the scum or third parties; but if said scum/thirds are targeted and un-insured (which if they were planning on this they'd be insured, so I don't think this was planned), then they'd stand to be thrown into even greater turmoil.
But since most townies who weren't already planning on using changeling might have builds they like, I believe most of them, even without flexible, will sell it for 2 or 4 points, and maybe buy a cheap auto or skill with it; or remove a flaw. Since there are more townies (probably) then scum during day 1, this means more points for town, which actually benefits town more.
Overall, while the potential for chaos benefits scum, I think it benefits town more.
I don't think this could be considered a joke, since I don't see any one purposefully doing this, despite the possibility; the harm to scum outweighs the benefits, and there would be proof if someone did it on their own, so it looks like it's accidental and not meant as a joke.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2015, 05:06:26 am »

EBWOP: Networker is only 6 points, not 7, but still doesn't change my point: building to make that joke would be expensive and pointless.

Also tl;dr: Changeling targeted networker, benefits town more, doesn't look like a laughing matter.
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2015, 08:36:21 am »

TDS :Can you share what role/power you have loss?
TDS : If you target a mask an found out that he is a networker, will you share that information?

None other than the two copies of changeling that I gained. Apparently it was mod error and I still have both copies, so none.

I wouldn't tell everyone right away, but I'd target the networker to give everyone useful powers.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2015, 08:37:57 am »

EBWOP:

TDS What would you be doing right now if you had been the networker? Do you think you got changeling'd after you gained changeling from the networker?

I'd be a new role, I think, because the changelinger became the networker.

I don't think I was changelinged because I have the same flaws and original set of powers.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07:26 am »

4maskwolf Do you think there is any use to buying the self-upgrade for Changeling? What reason?
Other than trolling people, none that I can think of off the top of my head.  Why, do you have an idea of what you would do with it?

Mask : Are you planing to do something with the power you recieved? why did you thanks whoever did it?
Oh heavens no I sold it already.  There's no way in hell I'm using it with my current build.  But on the other hand, free points, so...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 11:24:33 am »

Hector13 What are the signs of buddying? What are the signs of distancing? Do you think anyone has exhibited these signs this early yet?

I would rather not say what the signs are (or at least what I think the signs are) as it might give the non-town players ideas of what not to do to avoid my attention to some extent, but given my inexperience, what I think they are is probably wrong anyway.

4mask and TDS may have been trying to distance themselves a bit earlier; 4mask asked a question, TDS appeared to misinterpret it, 4mask voted, TDS said how he misinterpreted, 4mask unvotes.

I don't know enough about the two players playstyles to know for sure though, so... take that with a pinch of salt (or an entire quarry)

Hector Why do you think multiple people would choose you as their scum partner? Do you believe this will have any effect on the game?

Both those players were in the Beginner's game just completed.

I was half the scum team, but it appeared that everyone thought I was the most townie player in it (top of 3 reads lists, two of which were the IC :))))

It won't affect my game so much, but I imagine Peradon and Origami are going to be much more critical of my play in this game. Hopefully this doesn't mean they pay so much attention to me they forget about the other players though. That would be silly. It may also make other players who haven't played with me before a bit more wary of me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 12:37:37 pm »

Well, I may as well post a preliminary reads list out of boredom, since I don't have anything better to do:
Deathsword: Is playing significantly more than I have seen him do in a while, but hasn't contributed anything to sway me either way.  Neutral read.
Peradon: I'm getting a bad vibe from him, between the insistence on "I'm town" and the really... bizarre interaction with Deus Asmoth.  I'm going to need to look into this further.  Slight-moderate scum.
Shakerag: Is Shakerag.  Null, because his only post so far is completely useless to get a read on him.
Varee: Hasn't had as much interaction with the other players yet, due to timezone differences, and I can't get a read off what is present.  Null read.
origamiscienceguy: Null, has made one post.
flabort: Highly active, but that is typical for him so it means less in terms of getting a read.  Still, I can't find any major fault with his play yet, and at least he's trying to move things along.  Neutral to slight town.
hector13: Would otherwise be getting a slight townread from me, but... the whole booby-trap discussion at the beginning of the game set off alarm bells for me, particularly given how focused he seemed on that particular power over all others in the game.  Neutral read
Tiruin: Has said nothing yet.  Null.
TheDarkStar: Hasn't really said much, honestly.  Seems to only respond when prodded by someone else, minus his first post of that game.  Neutral/slight scum.
Deus Asmoth: Response to Peradon came across as fairly towny, otherwise I don't have much to go on.  Slight town.
Persus13: Has yet to grace us with his presense, null.

For anyone who wants it in an order, here it is:
Most Town
Deus Asmoth
flabort
Deathsword/hector13
TheDarkStar
Peradon
Most Scum

No Read
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy
Tiruin
Persus13

Now, for questions:
Peradon: What's with this whole "I was hoping you would answer that for me" nonsense here?  What, exactly, do you mean by that?
Shakerag: If you don't like games that seem to be clusterfucks, why did you sign up for this one?
Varee: Despite changeling being perhaps one of the most commonly used powers, you list it as one you believe will be underused.  Why?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

After reading all of the conversations, I've come up with this list of observations.

4maskwolf: very active and spreading his interrogations across everybody.
Deus Asmoth: cautious approach to the questions, but not in a scum make-sure-I-don't-get-anything-wrong way.
Deathsword: In the previous games I've played, he has been somewhat erratic along with generally few posts, he is posting more now though.
Flabort: when he answered questions, he sort of did them in a minimalistic manner, as if to get them over with.
Varee: Answers all the questions he has been given.
Hector13: Has a niche for sounding town, but he fooled us all in the beginners mafia.
Peradon: Uses logical arguments (as logical as they can get during RVS)
TheDarkStar: Interestingly enough, he released his build. Could have lied about it though.
Shakerag: The only answers you gave were not answered thoroughly. You sound like you are giving up on this game before anybody has even voted for you.
Persus13: 0 posts, 0 information.
Tiruin: same.

I always forget someone, who was it this time?

Everybody in your opinion, what is the most powerful power by itself (no combos)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2015, 03:05:51 pm »

I always forget someone, who was it this time?
You got everyone.

Everybody in your opinion, what is the most powerful power by itself (no combos)
Hmm... I'm going to say infect, due to basically being a slow multikill.

What's your answer to that question?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

I think curse, because you can really screw somebody over with that, and it is pretty cheap.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »

I'd argue against the minimalistic answers, but there's only two posts so far where I answer questions, and one of them is about how you said.
It also appears that the only person you missed on your list of observations is yourself.
Completely on it's own, not counting combos, and since power was specified and not autos, I'd have to pick Vote Steal. You gain a vote, someone you don't/cannot trust more than yourself loses a vote, and it's cheap if you don't try to combo it or protect it in any way; it costs the same as double-voter, and it's the same cost as blackmail, but it has the functionality of both.

The most powerful auto would be Death Resistant. It costs the same as Resurrection, and has the same function (prevent you from dying), but is repeatable. The only advantage Resurrection has over Death Resistant is it's combo potential with other autos that trigger on death.
The Cyan Menace

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2015, 04:08:17 pm »

OGS: I'd say that it depends on what you're trying to do. Infect would be the most powerful, but it's also unreliable beyond the first target and it's always possible you'd end up getting infected yourself. And obviously as town you don't really want to be bumping off an unknown number of essentially random players beyond your initial target. I think resurrection looks very powerful, especially if you're able to figure out who killed you by other means.

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2015, 05:00:49 pm »

4maskwolf, how are scumreads even helpful in this game, since everyone has a mask on?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2015, 05:14:28 pm »

Lynch votes are still cast by name, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

Oh, really? I thought everything was by mask. Never mind.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 74