Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101442 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:09 pm »

But, waiting gives the town more time to use information-gathering too.
But each of us only has what powers we can scrounge.  The scumteam has as many players as they have to share information amongst.  And if we share information publically, we might as well just declare our masks, powers, etc right now because that's what it will amount to.

Again, I'm probably biased because my build is basically locked right now and would be exactly not helpful at all in that situation.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

Peradon: What's with this whole "I was hoping you would answer that for me" nonsense here?  What, exactly, do you mean by that?
Well, the question was partial RQS and partial serious. I dont like it when people ask joke questions, and I thought it might be that he was trying to divert attention from him by making jokes. So, I pressured him slightly, hoping to come up with why he was trying to divert attention. I backed off because I realised I did the exact same thing in my BM, and I was town. So, it really didnt add up to anything.

Peradon/Origami/Deus : We never played in the same game before, which role do you think have the easiest wincon? why?
Probably philanthropist. Really easy to give things to people, and other people wont care if you win and thus wont try to stop. If you play it well, you could win in 4 days.
Peradon Which masks would you target with a Santa/Gift style power, if you didn't know anything about them but their color at this point?
Well, I would wait until I knew something about who'd behind the masks, but assuming I dont have any info on them, I would pick a random person and see if they post about it.
Everybody in your opinion, what is the most powerful power by itself (no combos)
Probably grand swap. Used at the right time, it can make people have to rethink who to target.

If I missed anyone's questions, sorry. Let me know, and I'll answer them.

I'll give my reads for some people for now.

4maskwolf:Very active, which is good. Town for now.
Hector: I think he's town right now. He's asking and answering more substantially than he was in the BM, which is pro-town.
Deus Asmoth: He isnt posting many questions. But his answer to my question about the Origami-Japaneese-Spy question was thought through, so a slight town-null read.
Origami:Not posting much. Null read for now.

I dont think I can get a read on much other people right now.

Everyone:What do you think is the most usefull power?

Also, Ninja'd, so...

No-lynch is bad. It's better to take a chance and try to kill a mafia then to not lynch. Like people said, it gives scum more time to look like town, thus making towns job harder.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2015, 08:59:41 pm »

Everyone:What do you think is the most usefull power?

Obviously, this would depend on what kind of person you are playing. For example, a vigilante might enjoy poison while a coward would think that hide or even a self pardon would be good.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:02:17 am by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2015, 09:00:49 pm »

Shakerag, varee, 4maskwolf: I haven't seen you play before, how many games have you all played?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2015, 09:02:22 pm »

Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »

What kind of town player are you trying to be? A cop? A vigilante? A doctor? A Coward? I am saying that the powers are more appealing to different play styles.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »

Hm. Well, I wasnt saying just one style. Lets just say generally town.

Also, what would you say is the best kind of town player then?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

Shakerag, varee, 4maskwolf: I haven't seen you play before, how many games have you all played?

Oh geez... now I have to look up the exact number.

16 I completed or played long enough prior to replacing out that I had a more-than-nominal impact on the game.  Interestingly, I've only won 5 of those games, and three of those were my first three games on the forum (it all went downhill from there).

No wait, 17, KYOSN ended.

Hm. Well, I wasnt saying just one style. Lets just say generally town.
Every power in the game can be used by both town and scum with equal effectiveness or by scum with more effect than town, simply due to the fact that the scum can work together.  With that said, I think peek is an underrated power for any build, because it can allow you to be more selective with your power usage.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:19 pm »

OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:58 pm »

Wolf: True that scum can pick us off and find us one by one, but what stop town from doing that too? as town have more people, all with the same amount of point to put into power. In a lynch it is biased toward mafia as they can coordinate more but in a mask game, it a fair game as scum dont really have and advantage as there coordination is blanace out by the fact that there random in the pool. More masks can even be add with patsy to tip the balance even more.  So i assume town have greater capability to get information and find the scum, a lynch would likely be a town anyway. I can agree that it buys everyone time, but I think the town will be more productive than the scum in that time. Also your build practically can change every day if you spend the free point from that changeling on flexible, you can be a totally different build tmr.

Origami :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only played a few (5?6?maybe) on the forum and most of them are game like this with crazy twist as I dont quite enjoy vanilla mafia anymore.

Pera :most useful power?  I would say fortune teller as I give a ton of info/
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2015, 09:23:53 pm »

EBWOP: That spoiler suppose to be a quote, I must had hit the wrong button ....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »

OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.

I am unable to answer the question because there is no one right answer. All powers are useful in different ways, and in certain circumstances, one power will be the most useful while in other situations, another power will be most useful.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2015, 09:39:29 pm »

I know this isn't directed towards me, but...

Are you really saying you think there is one universally good power for the town to take?  Like, really?  In this game, with all it's possible combinations?

It depends is only bad when there is a way to give an actual answer, but there ISN'T.  I just gave one because I happen to like the power and think it needs to, you know, actually see play.

You, sir, are honest-to-goodness the lazziest scum I have ever met.  Every part of that vote smacks of jumping on an easy attack, and the fact that you've made a lot of posts without anything major  in them speaks of active-lurking.

TDS

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »

TheDarkStar, if that question has one straight answer, what is it?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:00 pm »

I've made very few posts so far AFAIK, owing to the weekend and stuff going on.

4mask: You're overreacting a lot. Why are you so worried about OSG? How am I lazy? Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?

OSG: There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer. That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town. Now, which specific power do you think is best/most effective? Other people had no trouble answering this (like 4mask and Varee).

PPE: OSG: I have to go with Fortune Teller because it gives a partial list of powers to worry about.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 74