Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101464 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2015, 10:40:47 pm »

Gosh dangit, I didn't realize I clicked modify instead of quote.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2015, 10:41:40 pm »

Meant to say this

Everyone:What do you think is the most usefull power?

Obviously, this would depend on what kind of person you are playing. For example, a vigilante might enjoy poison while a coward would think that hide or even a self pardon would be good.

I did give some examples right here.

Here are some more:
Serial Killer: Infect
Doctor: Innate-preotect
Thief: Scan and Sap
Philantrhropist: innate-bless
Trickster: Gossip
Necromancer: innate-raise zombie
Mafia: booby trap
[/quote]
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »

TDS:Why do you think he's dodging the question? It seems to me that his answers were legitimate. I misunderstood his first answer, so he restated it. Why is this dodging?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2015, 10:51:00 pm »

assuming there 3 scum,
This is a dangerous assumption to make, especially if there is no indication how many there are yet. It's especially dangerous given this information:
Two Mafias/Choose-Your-Own-Third-Party Numbers permitting, there will be either two mafia teams, third parties, or (most likely) both.
If there is indeed two mafias, then the assumption you're making is that there is one team of 1 and one of 2.
It would also assume that none of the third-parties count as scum; out of six possible third parties, only one could be considered benign to town (philanthropist), so the other 5 are essentially scum. If there are third parties like advertised, then it's unlikely to be just 3 scum.

There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer.
But the question you asked, below, includes the words "the" and "most", implying that there only is one answer, not multiple right answers.
Very well then, how about the most useful town power?
Furthermore, he did answer. Paraphrasing, he said "This is a trick question, so the answer is all of them". Which is an answer, it's just not one you liked. Which makes your entire statement false.
TheDarkStar, I don't like the narrow mindedness that you're exhibiting here.
That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town.
This, at least, is more true. However, he was simply answering to the best of his ability, and really the answer didn't stop anyone else from answering your question. The fact that you're hung up on it is what's stopping the flow of information.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2015, 10:53:35 pm »

4mask: You're overreacting a lot. Why are you so worried about OSG? How am I lazy? Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?
I'm not worried about OSG, you greatly misunderstand me.  I'm worried about you getting away with laziness.  If I were worried about OSG my vote would have stayed planted right where it was: better to have a majority on someone else than to spread out the votes and make it easier for him to be lynched.

What you just did is a lazy: you attacked someone because... reasons?  They answered a question in a way that was, at least from my perspective, logical and reasonable, and you voted them because they didn't give a specific answer to a question that, from a logical standpoint, has NO actual answer, because everyone can build themselves differently and different powers have different utilities.

I don't expect you to have a lot of major things, but the way you're playing strikes me as incredibly activelurkerish.  Great, now I have to do a post breakdown.  Gimme about five hours...

First Post.  Fairly standard start of game post, answers some questions and asks some, nothing really to see here.
Answers a question I asked him, but misunderstands my meaning.
Response
Response
Talking about what happened to him
STILL RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS AND NOTHING ELSE
Still a response
Answering a missed question
I'll cut it here because this is when I first call you on the activelurking bullcrap in my reads list.
So, that makes 8 posts, only one of which in any way tries to suss out anything from anyone, and you never try to follow up on any questions you asked, most of which were game related.

I don't expect people to have major posts, but given the fact that your first important question came 10 of your posts in and even then it comes across as highly reactive given the context, I'm inclined to think you the scummiest of the people here.  Your response to me voting you (the not-quite-OMGUS followed by saying someone is overreacting) is classic scum behavior: if you think I'm overreacting, why not vote me to apply pressure?

4 PPE WTF:
Actually flabort, I'd say doctor is fairly neutral, what with wanting to keep people alive no matter who they are.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2015, 10:55:53 pm »

Oh geez OSG....

NQT: I can confirm that nothing was deleted or modified, merely added, although he should probably be given permission to edit out his accidental introduction to that particular post.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2015, 11:00:22 pm »

Oh good, someone remembered what it was. Thanks Mask.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2015, 11:01:31 pm »

Flabort: 3 is what i think will be the minimum, as more scums mean it is more likely for them to not kill a town with there kill limit as there will be more patsy to town ratio. Also
out of six possible third parties, only one could be considered benign to town (philanthropist)
Why would doctor not be a town? And necromancer could possibly help town creating the larger patsy to town ratio. 
Also from
If you're third-party, congratulations! Pick one of the following wincons:
I think thrid party get to pick their wincon so It is possible that they will be siding with town
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »

No lynch D1 is not a good idea. It gives town no information to work with without any benefit to town.

I'm busy, so this will be my only post in this until tomorrow sometime.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

Make sure you give NQT your actions before the deaths begin.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2015, 11:04:58 pm »

No lynch D1 is not a good idea. It gives town no information to work with without any benefit to town.

While that is true in a normal game, Town have plenty of opputunity to gain information via other method in this CYOM setting.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

While that is true in a normal game, Town have plenty of opputunity to gain information via other method in this CYOM setting.
I think until day 2, we need to treat this like a normal game. We dont know what other people have chosen, so we can't assume anything. When we start getting some public actions in, we can start making some more decisions.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2015, 11:44:59 pm »

snip
I think until day 2, we need to treat this like a normal game. We dont know what other people have chosen, so we can't assume anything. When we start getting some public actions in, we can start making some more decisions.
I agree with this.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:31 am »

Why day 2 ? There nothing like a night in this game? Most action might already have been completed as far as I know(bar the kills ofcourse). So what would be the benefit of waiting till day 2 ?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2015, 12:20:42 am »

Because at the end of the day several things happen. Like the lynch(which does help the town even if it is a mislynch), the broadcast and blatant results. Those in and of themselves will probably give lots of things to go on.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74