Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101016 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »

Deathsword: You're scum again, aren't you?
I know that this is WIFOM, but I think that it is possible that someone wanted 4maskwolf framed because of this statement he made at the very beginning. Since the death happened exactly as the grace period ended, they probably queued it up early on. Now the question is who would want 4mask gone?
That seemed a bit overly complicated, considering they'd have to find out which mask is Deathsword's first by targetting random masks and then kill him. It seems more likely to me that it was just a random shot.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2015, 07:55:20 pm »

Huh.

flabort: Since you're consistently not showing up in the votecount, are you Unable to Vote?

Everyone else: Is there anything else that bears sharing: specifically, are you Unable to Vote, because it's pretty important for the town to know that.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2015, 07:58:22 pm »

Everyone else: Is there anything else that bears sharing: specifically, are you Unable to Vote, because it's pretty important for the town to know that.

Well like I said, I don't think lynching someone really help the town so ,No lynch
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:27 pm »

I think the death was random. It's unlikely they found him D1.

Shakerag: First off, I dont think sarcasm should ever be used in mafia. I analyse a post, assuming you mean every word you say. Sarcasm misleads the town and does nothing but muddy the water. From the way you act, you still seem like scum, so my vote stays right where it is. From now on, if you dont want me to vote for you, dont be sarcastic.

Mask: Nope, I'm able to vote, and I dont think I want to share any other weakness I have yet.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:18 pm »

Well like I said, I don't think lynching someone really help the town so ,No lynch
I want to join you, but It didn't go so well the last time I did. But, so people can know my opinion, I think that TheDarkStar has been acting the most suspicious thus far.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »

Why would you say that, Origami?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2015, 08:15:37 pm »

Let just say the unseen meta argument is pretty much the only thing the lynch is going to bring.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »

I began to be suspicious of TDS after he was dissatisfied with my answer to your question:
Everyone:What do you think is the most usefull power?

Obviously, this would depend on what kind of person you are playing. For example, a vigilante might enjoy poison while a coward would think that hide or even a self pardon would be good.
He voted for me for "dodging" the question
OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.
He even called 4maskwolf "overreacting" when he called TDS on it:
OSG, why do keep dodging the question? "It depends" is a meaningless phrase and avoids telling the town anything useful.
I know this isn't directed towards me, but...

Are you really saying you think there is one universally good power for the town to take?  Like, really?  In this game, with all it's possible combinations?

It depends is only bad when there is a way to give an actual answer, but there ISN'T.  I just gave one because I happen to like the power and think it needs to, you know, actually see play.

You, sir, are honest-to-goodness the lazziest scum I have ever met.  Every part of that vote smacks of jumping on an easy attack, and the fact that you've made a lot of posts without anything major  in them speaks of active-lurking.

TDS
4mask: You're overreacting a lot. Why are you so worried about OSG? How am I lazy? Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?
He actually qualifies 4mask's accusation of his laziness by saying this:
Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?
By this time, people should have something at least, and all TDS has done was attack me for a completely illegitimate reason.
I know that there have been other people who have failed to contribute much to this game so far (Shakerag, Persus13, Turian) But, TDS attacked me as if just to say that he contributed something, even if it had no concrete reasoning. Seems like active lurking to me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

flabort: Since you're consistently not showing up in the votecount, are you Unable to Vote?
Yeah. I would think my name would show up, but the count would just fail to be incremented (3 names, "[2]" votes), but I guess that's not the case.

Fair notice, I will be able to day 2, thanks to powers like self-cleanse. But today I can't vote.

Deathsword: You're scum again, aren't you?
I know that this is WIFOM, but I think that it is possible that someone wanted 4maskwolf framed because of this statement he made at the very beginning. Since the death happened exactly as the grace period ended, they probably queued it up early on. Now the question is who would want 4mask gone?
That seemed a bit overly complicated, considering they'd have to find out which mask is Deathsword's first by targetting random masks and then kill him. It seems more likely to me that it was just a random shot.
I also have to say that it seems absurd. First they'd have to know which mask(s) Deathsword (and 4mask) are, and then they'd have to plan on framing someone; why wouldn't they just kill 4mask if they wanted him dead, anyways? If they spent the effort to find out which mask Deathsword is, then surely during the process they'd have an equal chance of finding 4mask.

Sarcasm misleads the town and does nothing but muddy the water.
Yeah, [sarcasm]it's not like there's such a thing as fake BBC tags that indicate when you're being sarcastic[/sarcasm]. Without any indication that you're being sarcastic, Shakerag, we're going to take your words for your honest opinion.

I know that there have been other people who have failed to contribute much to this game so far (Shakerag, Persus13, Turian) But, TDS attacked me as if just to say that he contributed something, even if it had no concrete reasoning. Seems like active lurking to me.
Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to Tiruin's question list, and I'm not sure what to make of Persus's only post; it was yesterday, so he should have a post up today; sometime soon, I hope, because today's only got 6 more hours in my timezone.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2015, 08:31:45 pm »

Yeah, you are right Flabort. I keep on forgetting that targets are on masks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2015, 08:37:46 pm »

Meant to say this

Obviously, this would depend on what kind of person you are playing. For example, a vigilante might enjoy poison while a coward would think that hide or even a self pardon would be good.

I did give some examples right here.

Here are some more:
Serial Killer: Infect
Doctor: Innate-preotect
Thief: Scan and Sap
Philantrhropist: innate-bless
Trickster: Gossip
Necromancer: innate-raise zombie
Mafia: booby trap

Ok, that's what I was looking for. Unvote because I now realize that people were talking past each other.

There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer.
But the question you asked, below, includes the words "the" and "most", implying that there only is one answer, not multiple right answers.
Very well then, how about the most useful town power?
Furthermore, he did answer. Paraphrasing, he said "This is a trick question, so the answer is all of them". Which is an answer, it's just not one you liked. Which makes your entire statement false.
TheDarkStar, I don't like the narrow mindedness that you're exhibiting here.
That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town.
This, at least, is more true. However, he was simply answering to the best of his ability, and really the answer didn't stop anyone else from answering your question. The fact that you're hung up on it is what's stopping the flow of information.

He answered the question in more detail later, so I'd say he has satisfactorily answered the question.

Peradon:
Very well then, how about the most usefull town power?
Peradon, are your scumbuddies so bad that you have to ask everyone else how to come across as town?

Shakerag: Can you explain this more? Is this RVS or serious?

Wait a second..

Shakerag, how the heck could you misunderstand both me and origami? Did you even read the context of either of those quotes, or are you simply trying to start a wagon?

Ok, I'm going to go analyse your posts now...

-snip-

FoS on Shakerag for now.

Peradon, why not a full vote?

TheDarkStar:
OSG: There might be multiple right answers, but you gave no answer. That's not beneficial to anyone and stop any kind of information being transferred to the town. Now, which specific power do you think is best/most effective? Other people had no trouble answering this (like 4mask and Varee).
Thank you, TheDarkStar, for calling OSG on his obvious scumminess. Because he's not answering a random RVS question about what the best town powers are ... I just feel so in the dark now.  Please keep up the pressure so that we townies can keep fighting the good fight once we have this critical intel. 

4maskwolf:
Active lurking?  This early?  Really?  >_> 

[sarcasm]I'll make sure to keep fighting for properly answered RVS questions in the future, yes. [/sarcasm]

Do you mean that 4mask is active lurking or are you talking about his accusation that I was active lurking? Does it make you suspicious of 4mask?

Vote counting is hard.

Agreed.

Varee, why are you trying to push a no-lynch on Day 1? Day 1 lynches are one of the best sources of information there is - it's how I found two of the scum in the first CYOM.

I began to be suspicious of TDS after he was dissatisfied with my answer to your question:

He voted for me for "dodging" the question
He even called 4maskwolf "overreacting" when he called TDS on it:
I know this isn't directed towards me, but...

Are you really saying you think there is one universally good power for the town to take?  Like, really?  In this game, with all it's possible combinations?

It depends is only bad when there is a way to give an actual answer, but there ISN'T.  I just gave one because I happen to like the power and think it needs to, you know, actually see play.

You, sir, are honest-to-goodness the lazziest scum I have ever met.  Every part of that vote smacks of jumping on an easy attack, and the fact that you've made a lot of posts without anything major  in them speaks of active-lurking.

TDS
4mask: You're overreacting a lot. Why are you so worried about OSG? How am I lazy? Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?

Yes, this is what happened. I called you on a vague response. That's not scummy.

He actually qualifies 4mask's accusation of his laziness by saying this:
Why do you expect people to have major posts in the first 5-6 pages of the game?
By this time, people should have something at least, and all TDS has done was attack me for a completely illegitimate reason.

OSG: You have a double standard here - Shakerag, Persus13, and Tiruan have all contributed less, but they get a free pass? Why?

You also say that you find me scummy because I attacked you. That's a knee-jerk response and generally indicates that you are scummy.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »

Peradon, why not a full vote?
I thought I had a vote on someone, but I didnt. I voted for him later on...

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48:57 pm »

OSG: You have a double standard here - Shakerag, Persus13, and Tiruan have all contributed less, but they get a free pass? Why?
You also say that you find me scummy because I attacked you. That's a knee-jerk response and generally indicates that you are scummy.
I literally answered your question in th quote right above your question. You are sounding desperate now TheDarkStar

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

Go TDS, maybe you should read my other posts. To summarise, lynch might have been the best way to get information if everyone didn't have other method of gaining information but in current setting here way more ways to gather info that doesn't depend on lynching. Also it not like town is sitting idle if they don't lynch, there plenty ofother thijg that might be going on too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:40 pm »

Varee, the town can get information in ways that aren't the lynch, but that information doesn't tell you a players alignment, which means you're making assumptions based on what powers a player has as to their alignment. This is obviously easier than just what they post, but it still means you have to assume their alignment, which means you could make a mistake.

With the lynch, the alignment is revealed, so you know for certain (obviously) and can look back over their posts with that in mind.

TDS Origami was voting for you because he answered a question you said he didn't, there's nothing knee-jerk about it. Do you want me to give you a shovel so you can keep digging that hole?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74