Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99701 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2015, 09:41:52 pm »

OSG: You say that my only reason for attacking you was to show that I was contributing something, but you haven't provided evidence for that. I've addressed the part of his post that has evidence. The part of your post that you said addresses the question has no evidence. It is also where you react to my vote.

Varee: Lynching is good because it gives a list of votes to look at and it provides a role along with the player name and mask.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2015, 09:47:39 pm »

OSG: You say that my only reason for attacking you was to show that I was contributing something, but you haven't provided evidence for that.
How do you provide evidence for that? You cant prove motive. He was judging your motive...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »

Okay, I'll analyze all your posts so you can see where I'm coming from.
Spoiler: post analysis (click to show/hide)
As you can see, all you have done is ask meaningless questions, or questions that can only benefit yourself, and answer questions. It was not until you attacked me that you actually did something meaningful for the town, and that attack was completely unprovoked and came out of the blue. It seemed to me that you were just trying to have the appearance of doing something. In other words: Active-lurking.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:01 pm »

OSG: You say that my only reason for attacking you was to show that I was contributing something, but you haven't provided evidence for that.
How do you provide evidence for that? You cant prove motive. He was judging your motive...
Pro-tip, scumhunting someone based on what you think their motive is doesn't work because you have no idea what their motive is besides what they themselves say their motive is. You can use their actions to try and guess their motive but that's the best you can do.

origamiscienceguy:
This is sarcasm. Right? I am terrible at seeing sarcasm in posts.
Yes.  It was sarcasm.  You seem to have a better ability to spot it than our friend Peradon over there.
I wanted to make sure he got his actions in.
And you care that he got his actions in ... why?

I am sure that nobody, Persus13 included, would enjoy being killed before they got to do anything. He said he would be back today sometime, which could be after the grace period ended.
I appreciate the concern, but its unnecessary.

Peradon: How is Shakerag's statement buddying? Did you see the "we townies" as including or excluding TheDarkStar?

Varree: There are other ways for townies to get information. However, town collectively doesn't know if that information is true or not. Lynching people is the only surefire way for town to know someone's role and alignment without giving the option who to kill over to the scum.

OSG: How is TDS asking meangless questions not normal for the beginning of a game? How do his questions benefit himself? Also, you're ignoring the fact that the booby trap questions were addressing hector13 who said he considered booby trap to be OP.

Why are y'all doing reads and post analysis 48 hours into the game that started on a weekend? If I want to read through all of a player's posts I'll read through the thread.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2015, 10:16:52 pm »

OSG: How is TDS asking meangless questions not normal for the beginning of a game?
I was saying that they were meaningless just to point out that he had thus far done nothing meaningful.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:49 pm »

Peradon: How is Shakerag's statement buddying? Did you see the "we townies" as including or excluding TheDarkStar?
Well, he was addressing TDS(Telling him to keep up the pressure, which is kind of odd..), so I'm pretty sure it included him. Plus, that part had buddying written all over it. He was painting TDS in a good light, as if he knew he was town.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

Well, he was addressing TDS(Telling him to keep up the pressure, which is kind of odd..), so I'm pretty sure it included him. Plus, that part had buddying written all over it. He was painting TDS in a good light, as if he knew he was town.
I'm pretty sure that Shakerag was being sarcastic when he commented on my posting.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:10 pm »

He said he was.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:04 pm »

Which is partly why I think he was scum.

There are 3 things that could have happened.

1)He was telling the truth, and was being sarcastic. As I said earlier, being sarcastic is anti-town. It gives no content at all, and is just muddying everything. If this is true, he is either bad at mafia, or is scum
2)He was lying and was trying to buddy. If this is true, he clearly doesnt have the town in mind, and thus is scum.
3)He was lying, but wasnt trying to buddy. Pretty much the same as above. He is clearly scum.

So, you can see my reasoning. He is either a bad mafia player, or he is scum. I doubt he's that bad at mafia, given the number of games he has played.

Which leaves only the possibility of him being scum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:49 pm »

That is a fair asessment, but I'm not completely convinced. I'm still gonna keep my vote on TDS.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:05 pm »

I call bullshit on that assessment, but I can deal with you tomorrow, Peradon.  For now, TDS is the scummiest, so he goes first.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2015, 11:30:58 pm »

That is a fair asessment, but I'm not completely convinced. I'm still gonna keep my vote on TDS.
I call bullshit on that assessment, but I can deal with you tomorrow, Peradon.  For now, TDS is the scummiest, so he goes first.
I could call one of these quotes buddying peradon and the other chainsaw defending shakerag, and I doubt anyone could disagree. But it's still day 1, and such accusations are a mite early to be bringing out. I don't think that the attempts to buddy up with peradon or defend shakerag were the intents of these posts. Just remind me to come back to them later.

As far as Peradon's assessment of shakerag goes, I don't see much fault in it, but on the other hand it feels like jumping to conclusions. I'd like to see TDS lynched first, like 4mask does, but I think after that I'd like to see shakerag's flip.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »

I'm calling bullshit because Shakerag is generally a sarcastic dick, at least on D1.  He's honestly the only player I have ever had the urge to policy lynch.  I'm sorry, Shakerag, but your play (or lack thereof) rubs me the wrong way.  But with that said, it means that I find Peradon's analysis suspect, because Shakerag has acted this way in every game I've played with him so it means exactly jackshit in terms of scummitude.  Peradon's scummitude doesn't stem from that analysis, though, it stems from other things he's said.  I'll have to take a look through the thread and figure out which specific things were bothering me, and since I see TDS as a significantly more scummy I'm just going to wait until a later date to bring my case against Peradon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2015, 11:51:08 pm »

EXtend I really should be writing an essay right now.

1)He was telling the truth, and was being sarcastic. As I said earlier, being sarcastic is anti-town. It gives no content at all, and is just muddying everything. If this is true, he is either bad at mafia, or is scum
Except this isn't true, sarcasm is used to make a point. For instance, Shakerag was being sarcastic towards TDs trying to attack OSG for not answering an RVS question. Lots of mafia players use sarcasm (Jim, Shakerag, even myself on occasion) not because we're scum or bad at mafia, because that's simply a personality or playstyle trait. And scumhunting someone on playstyle is a bad idea, because it doesn't help you find scum. You may notlike sarcasm, but you either have to learn to deal with it, or ask people to not do it, but not try to lynch people for it.

OSG: How is TDS asking meangless questions not normal for the beginning of a game?
I was saying that they were meaningless just to point out that he had thus far done nothing meaningful.
I got that part. Do you think that at this stage everyone should have accomplished something meaningful? What about my other questions?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2015, 12:06:02 am »

Except this isn't true, sarcasm is used to make a point. For instance, Shakerag was being sarcastic towards TDs trying to attack OSG for not answering an RVS question. Lots of mafia players use sarcasm (Jim, Shakerag, even myself on occasion) not because we're scum or bad at mafia, because that's simply a personality or playstyle trait. And scumhunting someone on playstyle is a bad idea, because it doesn't help you find scum. You may notlike sarcasm, but you either have to learn to deal with it, or ask people to not do it, but not try to lynch people for it.
Well, everyone is saying that Shakerag is just extremely sarcastic, so I guess I'll Unvote. But still, I think he needs to stop being like that.

I have to agree that TDS isnt adding much to the game. I think that he might have posted that huge post to make it look like he's active, but its really just composed of quotes, so it really doesnt add up to much. So, Vote TheDarkStar.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74