Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101411 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #405 on: February 27, 2015, 08:00:23 pm »

Well, I guess I'm not dead. Day 1 analysis coming later today or tomorrow because it will take a while to write up.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 27, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »

On it. I just got home. Give me some time.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2015, 08:05:04 pm »

Spoiler: My "Bah" Post (click to show/hide)
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »

FFFFGRARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually really pissed off at myself right now for not listening to the little voice in my head that said "you know, Peradon has a good point, he's not actually done all that much, you should probably be lynching TheDarkStar", but I was so... damn... sure...

Urk.  My nature works against me most of the time...

Alright, I need to REALLY rethink my game plan here, since my vote is my ONLY weapon in this game and I just used it poorly...

Gimme a while to figure stuff out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »

The way I see it, TDS looked scummy to me because of his lack of scumhuning up to the point when he attacked me. After which he started showing more initiative. His frequent misinterpretation of posts, along with his actions at the beginning of the game kept my vote on him. As he explained, his vote on me was RVS related. I don't believe him, but it is a possibility. If that were the case, he could just be a townie who just sounded a bit more obtuse then he meant.

Peradon, on the other hand, seemed fine by me during his argument with 4mask. I didn't see him being guilty with his business with shakerag, but his sudden guilt tactics when he decided look like he was giving up can in no way benefit the town. Either he was scum trying to get out of a vote with a guilt-trip, or he was a townie who really had given up. In my mind, peradon's guilt trip could not benefit the town in any way, while I could have possibly been mistaken on TDS.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2015, 08:34:47 pm »

Deus Asmoth:  While I'm not keen on meta arguments, I can see that (outside of this game) it looks like Varee suggested a no lynch on D1 three times, and was town two of those times.  Given that suggesting a D1 no lynch around these parts is Highly Frowned On wouldn't Varee catching flak for suggesting a D1 no lynch make him a victim of circumstance as well?
No, it makes Varee someone who persists in doing something which he knows is a bad idea for reasons beyond me.

Varee, since you've apparently gone for no lynches on day 1 three times before and are well aware that it's generally not a good idea, why did you try to get one anyway?

Origami, that:
Anyway, I'll reveal my powers and such if there is no chance that I get saved. For now, my fate is in your hands.
This looks like guilt-tripping to me. You are basically saying "if I get lynched, it's your fault"
seemed like a pretty big stretch for a guilt trip read. Was there anything else that made you thing Peradon was scum or did you decide to vote for him based off two sentences?

Mask, I have a bad feeling about you. I don't know why yet.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2015, 08:38:12 pm »

Ok, so I know unless some of the lurkers come out of the woodworks to vote for TDS, I'm going to get lynched. So, I'm going to go ahead and post my reads for analysis when I flip town:

This as well. "when I flip town" is another instance where he is guilt-tripping us. Or that is how I saw it. And he is also giving up in this sentence which i find anti-town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »

Alright, so, here's my current reads list, since I promised it.  It's not going to be hugely in depth because I still need to actually go back and read the thread.  In honor of Peradon (actually that's a lie, I was going to do this anyway, his flipping santa was a hilarious coincidence), I'm going to do it Santa themed.

Naughty List (Scummy/Lurky, arranged in order of scummiest to least-scummy-but-still-scummy-or-lurky):
Origamiscienceguy: Buddying, last-hours bandwagoning, the works.  First scum pick right now.  I'll explain my buddying accusation in a bit.
TheDarkStar: Possibly intentional misconstruing of other player's points, but hasn't posted enough recently for me to have a good judge on him.  However... idk, if it weren't for how rarely he posts it almost feels like he intentionally ignored the last RL day with all the hijinks around Peradon and just lurked his way to the next day in order to avoid drawing anyone's ire.
Varee: The whole no-lynch thing still bugs me, but I'll have to look back and confirm what was said earlier about him often proposing D1 no-lynches.
Shakerag: His play has picked up a little bit recently, but much of the first day was spent being sarcastic, having a debate about sarcasm, and being sarcastic in a debate about sarcasm.  I'd like to see more play from him
Persus13 and Tiruin: ALL of the lurking.  While they both have RL excuses, I'd really like to see them play.
Deus Asmoth: Fairly lurky as well, barely any posts recently.  More posts towards the beginning of the game, though, so pretty close to neutral.

Nice List (Neutral and Town, no particular order):
hector13: idk what to make of him, honestly.  Neutral read for now, his play is fairly solid but because he has solid play as scum too this means very little.
flabort: I'm... actually not sure what he's been up to recently, I'll have to check on that.  I kinda did tunnel in on TDS and Peradon, in retrospect.  Neutral read.

Of course, this is pending a more thorough review of the thread, which I definitely need to do...

URK I JUST LOST WHAT I WAS TYPING UP!!!!!

Okay, back to square one on this part.

OSG Buddying accusation:
4maskwolf: best scumhunting I've seen in this game so far.
Towniest
The end of his readslist.  This is NOT where I get the accusation from, he can put me wherever he likes on his readslist.  It is merely included as a point of reference.

Unvote TDS
Vote Peradon

Votes Peradon suspiciously soon after I do, as well as sealing Peradon's fate.  Whatever chance there was of Peradon not being lynched disappears.  If he turns out to be scum, this also implicates TDS as a possible scum partner due to the speed OSG jumped OFF the TDS train.  Once again, this isn't damning evidence or even evidence at all taken by itself, it's just another point of reference.

4mask was arguing with peradon since yesterday.
NOOOOOOPPPPPE HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

This is what perked my ears up when I read it.  He answers a question for me, almost casually.  Hello, it's my question.  You don't know if I'm scum or not, and you just answered a question I could have made a slip-up on.

IDK, maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill, but... I feel like he's trying to ingratiate himself with me because so many people had me up high on their reads lists, which is a definitively scum thing to do.

So, origamiscienceguy, why did you answer for me when I'm perfectly capable of answering my own accusations and questions?

Mask, I have a bad feeling about you. I don't know why yet.
Figure out why, and follow it.  I enjoy mafia the most when I have to defend myself.  Except for the times I get overwhelmed by it, but that hasn't happened in a CYOM yet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »

Both you and 4mask have been on TDS for most of the game, why the sudden change of heart now, so close to the day end, giving Perry pretty much zero time to defend himself?
I was answering this question. It was addressed to me. This wasn't your question.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2015, 08:44:35 pm »

You addressed a part of the question about me, which was unnecessary and irrelevant to you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2015, 08:48:57 pm »

I was mentioning you to point out that I was uninterested in your previous argument with Peradon. I was voting for him because of his giving up and his guilt-tripping, not because of whatever shenanigans were going on between him and shakerag. I was voting for a completely different reason. I think that that I made that very clear. I had a specific set of grievances against him that you did not have, so you can't claim that I just copycatted you.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:35 pm »

... since my vote is my ONLY weapon in this game and I just used it poorly...
I think this is the source of at least some of my unease. Why say this when you can easily get a weapon other than your vote, or was your intention to imply that you hadn't done exactly that?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 27, 2015, 08:58:47 pm »

I was mentioning you to point out that I was uninterested in your previous argument with Peradon. I was voting for him because of his giving up and his guilt-tripping, not because of whatever shenanigans were going on between him and shakerag. I was voting for a completely different reason. I think that that I made that very clear. I had a specific set of grievances against him that you did not have, so you can't claim that I just copycatted you.
I never claimed you copycatted me at all, but thank you for explaining.

unvote, tentatively.

... since my vote is my ONLY weapon in this game and I just used it poorly...
I think this is the source of at least some of my unease. Why say this when you can easily get a weapon other than your vote, or was your intention to imply that you hadn't done exactly that?
Well, I just received two toys that I'm going to sell momentarily, but I'm running a personal defense build rather than an offensive or investigative build.  It's a very intentional choice to force myself to rely on my mind rather than on a set of powers to win the game, very much the way I ended up playing the first CYOM (although my initial build was vigilante in that game).  I know first-hand how much the chaos of the game can mess with plans, so I didn't make any long-term ones before the game started.  And because of the way I made my build, it would be... inefficient, to say the least, to try to build myself differently at this stage in the game.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 27, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »

Well sorry for being absent for so long, didnt have as much time as I thought. So I think I have found a way to quickly hand out power. That is part of the reason why I push for no lynch, I want the town to get most benefit from what I am doing, also my vote wasnt there anyway so I dont think it made much of a different.
I think I am bad at analysing post and stuff so I tend to be mor efocus on using the role to my advantage than trying to guess what people roles are from there posts as I feel most good player doesnt play any differently wheather they are town or scum.
Also I suggest other to maybe keep clense as it negate poison and infection, leaving only kill and boobytrap as a threat. It is only 3 points to make it into free self clense and keep yourself clean/ get rid of flaws.

So now Everyone : What power should be hand out after this?
Also PPE, I havnt read though all the last day of post yet so if you posted me  aquestion, I will answer it after I read them.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 27, 2015, 09:35:16 pm »

Oh so YOU are the one who's handing out the powers.  Huh.

Quick question: are you going to hand out any more powers today, or can I sell the stuff now?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74